Poll

The Presidents ship, what should the name Read on the hull?

Starforce 1
1 (4%)
Starfrorce One
0 (0%)
Federation 1
5 (20%)
Federation One
19 (76%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Topic: The Presidents ship, what should the name Read on the hull?  (Read 4492 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: The Presidents ship, what should the name Read on the hull?
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2004, 05:27:41 pm »

-Olympic (Eh, not too appealing, a ship in Q's own conceptual future timeline for Picard in "All Good Things..." [TNG])

Actually, i like this one...i may retex one of these and reserve the Sovvie for times of war.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Captain Maverick, USS Dawntreader
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2004, 08:56:57 pm »
The Constitution is at the sfc2 download area of The Central Savoy (Mackie's site).
http://www.the-tcs.net/dldir/pafiledb.php
Check in federation retextures.  This site has a lot of cool ships.
Dawntreader Shipyard
"Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east."
-'Voyage of The Dawn Treader' C.S.Lewis

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2004, 11:40:32 pm »

-Olympic (Eh, not too appealing, a ship in Q's own conceptual future timeline for Picard in "All Good Things..." [TNG])

Actually, i like this one...i may retex one of these and reserve the Sovvie for times of war.

Just as long as someone releases the President's Ship, I will be forever happy. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2004, 12:19:03 pm »
*shameless bump*
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2004, 02:19:09 am »
Now would you look at that?  Now that's a ship worthy to carry on the tradition and honor of the class.  Although FEDERATION is spelled wrong.  No offense.  Just thought I'd point it out.  Oh, any chance of getting my hands on either of these ships, and could they please be for SFC3? 

Think that got fixed awhile ago, Starforce pointed it out, at least the version on my HDD is fixed. As for which ship the president would use, it would probably be a galaxy class. The ship was designed with explorartion and treates in mind and has a larger volume that a solvern, it would be much easier to convert for high profile guests as well.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Sapharite

• El-Aurian
  • Lt.
  • Refit Yard Commander
    • Refit Yard
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2004, 01:50:28 pm »
In my opinion even which do not match Chrisies one the presidents ship shouldn't be nor Sovereign nor Galaxy but the Excelsior. I propose the B-Variant. All Admiral's ships were Excelsior A or D variants. In my opinion the UFP President should fly with Excelsior-B variant (Enterprise B like) :) :D

Take care :D
Sapharite
=/\= Jimkirk =/\= (On Taldren Boards)
=/\= Kirk =/\= (Polish Division of the Starfleet)

Offline battlestar001

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2004, 05:23:44 am »
I thought if the president went on a dipmoatic mission then he/she would use the current flagship as transport. I liked the look of the Connie. Make a kinda strange sence as it was the most used ship in the fleet but the esign is a little too old prehaps. U going to releasethe sovy and the connie for sfc3?

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2004, 01:13:00 pm »
I thought if the president went on a dipmoatic mission then he/she would use the current flagship as transport. I liked the look of the Connie. Make a kinda strange sence as it was the most used ship in the fleet but the esign is a little too old prehaps. U going to releasethe sovy and the connie for sfc3?

I see I have someone else on my side.  Please, release any of these versions for SFC3, or better yet, all of them.  :-D

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2004, 06:33:21 pm »
In my opinion even which do not match Chrisies one the presidents ship shouldn't be nor Sovereign nor Galaxy but the Excelsior. I propose the B-Variant. All Admiral's ships were Excelsior A or D variants. In my opinion the UFP President should fly with Excelsior-B variant (Enterprise B like) :) :D

Take care :D

I have to disagree with you on this one.In "All Good Things" Admiral Riker used the refitted/upgraded Ent D as his ship. And besides we're not talking about a military ship.Though I am no fan of the design,the Olympic Class is a good candidate for the pres ship.But on another note....has anyone ever considered doing a retexture on the stock Pres Liner? Or is the idea here just to get rid of that model ?
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2004, 11:20:12 pm »
Okay, here is what i am doing

1) An Olympic retexture. Named "Federation One"

2) A Sovereign retexture. Named "Starfleet One"
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Kaenyne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2004, 11:33:05 pm »
Sounds good to me!
"If I may be so bold, it was a mistake for you to accept promotion. Commanding a Starship is your first, best destiny. Anything else is a waste of material."

-Spock
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2004, 03:25:05 am »
Is it possible to see some pics of the Olympic retexture?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2004, 12:12:55 pm »
sure, once i get a good olympic to retex...the one i have isnt that great.
Robinomicon

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2004, 01:05:23 pm »
Well Fury, if I may call you Fury, you do great work.  I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but could it be possible to get my hands on that retextured Sov?  If it is unethical, I understand.  I would just really love to see this ship in game. 

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2004, 12:31:25 am »
Quickly throwing in my two cents.. :)

I'm a fan of using a Connie or possibly Excelsior personally if we're talking TNG.  The Connie carries on the tradition and history of Federation ships (and the legacy of Kirk et al), with the only drawback being a ship that may not be fast enough or able to fully defend itself against modern attackers.

While the Excelsior also would be a good platform, it is still actively used by Starfleet in a defense role even at the time of DS9/Voyager/Nemesis.  As such, I'd not see it as being as good a choice as the Connie... but it'd still be a good choice for showing the history and tradition of the Federation considering the 80+ years of service by that time.

That'd be my two cents.. and I have two other ideas that I'm going to try and flesh out in two or three ships.  ;)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline battlestar001

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2004, 05:24:23 am »
I dout starfleet would allow their presidant to fly off in a ship that could easily be destroyed. The ship they give him would have to be fast, Good combat capabiltys, Good dipmoatic features, and be a symbol of strength. If u take this into accoun then u lose alot of classes like the Arika, excelsior, New orleans and Ambasador. Really ur only left with the Galaxy and the Sovy Which were both buit for deep space exploration and Defanceive duties. And the sovy has the turning circle of a ship 1/4 its size. As well as being the most advanced class in the fleet.