Topic: In-Space Stargates  (Read 3837 times)

Offline IncursionX22

• Lt. Junior Grade
In-Space Stargates
« on: August 03, 2004, 05:58:54 pm »
One for SG1 and one for Atlantis. They are small, just big enough to fit a shuttle into. I'll probably include a scaled up one when they are ready for download, maybe frigate sized. I still need to add Illumination to them. :)

SG1

Atlantis
-IncursionX22

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
Re: In-Space Stargates
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 06:02:33 pm »
 :thumbsup:

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 07:00:03 pm »
In SFC II/OP there are those anamolies / tears in space. How would I go about animating the center of one of these models and then swapping it to appear in game ? I was thinking a fluid like appearance for the center.....obviously  :P
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline IncursionX22

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 10:04:08 pm »
In SFC II/OP there are those anamolies / tears in space. How would I go about animating the center of one of these models and then swapping it to appear in game ? I was thinking a fluid like appearance for the center.....obviously  :P
-MP

Well it is possible... somehow... I'm not exactly sure how but it is the same conecpt of having the Doomsday Machine have the PK-Maw.bmp texture running over the mouth. I'll look into this for you, I would like to see something like that too, it would let us have triggers in missions that could turn the gates on an off. It would be great for a Stargate TC if anyone ever made one.
-IncursionX22

Offline =SyN=Remick

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 10:46:42 am »
Looks good

A couple of people i know made this one of the land based gate, the iris closes on this one as well.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 01:26:44 pm »
Great work guys.... love stargate... ;D

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 03:24:30 pm »
Okay, here is my version of the stargates.

and they only are 2300-ish polies each.

and the same image, this time showing off the Illumination Maps

Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 03:39:13 pm »
and because i know people will want this one too.

Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2004, 03:48:51 pm »
If anyone can get me a screeshot of the Stargate Atlantis shield/iris i will make that too.
Robinomicon

Offline IncursionX22

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2004, 03:55:46 pm »
WOW! Mine look like crap next to those lol. Mine are 336 Polies each. Looks like I am missing a Chevron too, thought there were only 8. Think I have to go back to the drawing board lol  :-[

Are yours up for download Seraph? I'd love to look at them close up :)
-IncursionX22

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2004, 04:01:55 pm »
Yeah, there are nine - but the ninth hasnt been used yet - but it is still lit when there is a wormhole active.

They will be made available as soon as i can make a Forcefield Atlantis version.
Robinomicon

Offline IncursionX22

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2004, 04:05:23 pm »
Cool, I'll try to find you a picture of that shield. :)
-IncursionX22

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2004, 06:25:40 pm »
Cool...The sooner the better, i want to get this done
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2004, 07:39:38 pm »
well, i found a tiny image of the forcefield on some site...and i got this from it

Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2004, 07:57:50 pm »
Note for the audience. Im redoing the atlantis Glyphs...will be done soon.
Robinomicon

Offline IncursionX22

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2004, 08:32:47 pm »
Wow thats awesome Seraph! What site did you find it at? I have been looking for pics from Atlantis to finish my Puddle Jumper but everything I find is photos of the crew or small parts pf the episode with no gate or ship pics.

Well after messing with it all day, I've finally come up with something alot better then my old ones. 1021 Polies. The glyphs still need a bit of work but I think it is coming along nicely.

-IncursionX22

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2004, 10:10:05 pm »
I need a huge favor...

Could someone send me a picture of the Tollan stargate?
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2004, 10:52:36 pm »
This just added. The Stargates found in the Leo Galaxy.

I still need a picture of the Tollan gate.
Robinomicon

Offline IncursionX22

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2004, 12:10:26 am »
This just added. The Stargates found in the Leo Galaxy.

I've never seen these before, I never really watched SG1. Here and there but not everyweek. Looks cool though, I like it :)
-IncursionX22

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2004, 12:12:15 am »
Thats because its my own creation
Robinomicon