Topic: Whats EVE like then ?  (Read 3110 times)

Offline Davey-E

• Lt.
Whats EVE like then ?
« on: September 15, 2004, 09:40:29 am »
Has anyone tried it guys,

Just wondering ????  ;D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"To have the United States at our side was to me the greatest joy. Now at this very moment I knew the United States was in the war, up to the neck and in to the death. So we had won after all!...Hitler's fate was sealed. Mussolini's fate was sealed. As for the Japanese, they would be ground to powder

Offline Cleaven

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Whats EVE like then ?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 04:37:09 pm »
It can't be as good as doom.

Not sure I can be bothered, but as you are the Doc, can you run an AI standard patrol in 2 minutes in a KRC? If so, there is no problem and I am utterly wrong. If you cannot, then the KRC is a worse ship for AI missions than ones I know can.

Offline Rolling

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Costume for my next play.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 08:22:58 pm »
Has anyone tried it guys,

Just wondering ????  ;D

Yeeeeeeeeesssssss.

Outstanding graphics.  Multiple opportunites.

You have to see it for yourself to understand what it is all about.

There are free seven day buddy passes.  Let me know.
Always chew more than you can bite.

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 09:40:18 pm »
Sure...a little free crack .....then next thing you know...your crusin bad neighborhoods with no firewall...and the only utilites still on are the electricity and the cable modem...

:-*

Offline Cleaven

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 01:59:39 am »
Sure...a little free crack .....then next thing you know...your crusin bad neighborhoods with no firewall...and the only utilites still on are the electricity and the cable modem...

:-*

Not so with Doom, you would also have the aircon to keep the honkin' great high-end PC cool in the summer time. One advantage of playing with the stereo earmuff style headset is that it keeps the fan noise down.

Not sure I can be bothered, but as you are the Doc, can you run an AI standard patrol in 2 minutes in a KRC? If so, there is no problem and I am utterly wrong. If you cannot, then the KRC is a worse ship for AI missions than ones I know can.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 02:36:55 am »
   It might not be so bad except for paying for it if you don't to other events like movies,watching sport games and considering there are no more concerts to go to and you don't other hoppies then you could afford it.That is if you aren't in school as an adult and similar to it as well.There are Real Life events that do take precedence but if there aren't then play it get your money out of it.

It is not as if you are betraying Star Trek gaming or SFC.You can always come back to it.I guess this hot over in the Asian markets right now.They love there PC gaming more than anyone and I guess mmorpg is what they like not rts.They probably have the money to pay for it.Then there is no need to think about patching up or installing, reinstalling and repatching up and modding it up again.They take care of all of the support needs.Then if you want something added they would probably do that as well.

I guess there are the pros and cons to every game.

Offline Davey-E

• Lt.
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 05:01:18 am »

i Guess we'll agree to disagree there Cleaven, To put it bluntly

DOOM 3 IS CRAP, Talk about repeat after repeat, OH yea   the graphics are nice (but you,ll need a monster PC for ultra high end play)
Now i ain,t MPlayed it yet, so thats what you might mean, But single player is sooooooooooooooooo repetative its garbage

if you want a real 1st person shooter, wait for HL2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"To have the United States at our side was to me the greatest joy. Now at this very moment I knew the United States was in the war, up to the neck and in to the death. So we had won after all!...Hitler's fate was sealed. Mussolini's fate was sealed. As for the Japanese, they would be ground to powder

Offline Davey-E

• Lt.
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2004, 05:16:20 am »
Yeeeeeeeeesssssss.

You mean i get to try it for free  --wahhh

I,m up fer that, How do i do ?  ;D

Offline Rolling

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Costume for my next play.
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 06:19:40 am »
Yeeeeeeeeesssssss.

You mean i get to try it for free  --wahhh

I,m up fer that, How do i do ?  ;D

Go to www.eve-online.com and download the game.  I hope you are not on dail-up, if so then you need to ask a friend to burn a disk for you.

You need to pm me with your email addy.  I'll send you a pass.

TraceyG was going to download it and get back with me about the buddy pass, but I haven't heard from her yet.

Always chew more than you can bite.

Offline Cleaven

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 07:18:29 am »

i Guess we'll agree to disagree there Cleaven, To put it bluntly

DOOM 3 IS CRAP, Talk about repeat after repeat, OH yea   the graphics are nice (but you,ll need a monster PC for ultra high end play)
Now i ain,t MPlayed it yet, so thats what you might mean, But single player is sooooooooooooooooo repetative its garbage

if you want a real 1st person shooter, wait for HL2

I like my new monster PC.

Offline KBF-Nail

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2004, 08:50:02 pm »
I have eve. Played it for 3 days before it got too boring? Too slow of a pace for me.