Topic: Atolm's Jindarian Friagte  (Read 7774 times)

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
Re: Atolm's Jindarian Friagte
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2004, 07:54:08 pm »
Nicely done Azel sir,but I must ask.......Who are the Jindarians ? and What era do they come from ?
-MP
Check here mate :
http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163344481.0.html
All Things End

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2004, 07:59:41 pm »
Thanks Azel sir,that clears things up.
 ;D
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2004, 08:10:39 pm »
Thanks Azel sir,that clears things up.
 ;D
-MP
NP more on the way... :)
All Things End

Offline IncursionX22

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2004, 02:56:43 pm »
"We need reinforcements!"

J-BC

J-CC

J-CL

-IncursionX22

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2004, 04:33:42 pm »
OMG! Is that really, finally a CL?  :o
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2004, 05:22:35 pm »
download Links please  ;D

Hey Rod, I take it you have a place for these ships in the shiplist? In OP+ for instance would you put them in the Neutral slots?

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2004, 02:34:50 pm »
PARAPHRASED:

"Sir we lost them in the asteroid field."

"I'll go to Lord Vader and apologize personally."

BUMP for release news! Its not every day we get exciting new races to add to our SFC games.

Qapla!

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2004, 04:34:36 pm »

Hey Rod, I take it you have a place for these ships in the shiplist? In OP+ for instance would you put them in the Neutral slots?

KF

Well, the only one that I had a prearranged slot for was the CL. There's specs for a captured Jindarian/WYN-CL that I wanted to add to the WYN slot (Camboro). Putting actual Jindarians into OP wouldn't be a direct conversion. The race specific Jindarian weapons (light and heavy "railguns") and a couple of other systems aren't in OP, unfortunately. Plus the rules for them to be able to "hide" in asteroids, which is one of their racial tendencies, aren't in the game. I just thought that one of them, as an oddity, would be cool to spice things up a bit.

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2004, 12:35:54 am »
BB and CV to come...and that'll be about it for these mates
I want to Finish my Roms...and finish up My Vulcans...and start tackling the PreTOS Gorn, Andorians, And Tellarites
All Things End

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2004, 11:22:40 am »

KF

Well, the only one that I had a prearranged slot for was the CL. There's specs for a captured Jindarian/WYN-CL that I wanted to add to the WYN slot (Camboro). Putting actual Jindarians into OP wouldn't be a direct conversion. The race specific Jindarian weapons (light and heavy "railguns") and a couple of other systems aren't in OP, unfortunately. Plus the rules for them to be able to "hide" in asteroids, which is one of their racial tendencies, aren't in the game. I just thought that one of them, as an oddity, would be cool to spice things up a bit.

OK, here's a possible work around:

Substitute Maulers for the railguns and tailor the Maulers to do rail gun damage.

Natural camoflage: Give them a high base ECM and a VERY HIGH Cloaking cost.

BTW: Do you have Ganymad's Tholian web texture (Hellbore alternate texture) looks GREAT in game as a temporary grid pattern orange-yellow web...

PLEASE send me the latest GAW ship/fighterlists.

Qapla!

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2004, 11:45:26 am »
The railgun=mauler setup might workout. The AI is real dumb though on recharging batts. It might be cool for human controled. Something else would need to be dropped to fit them in though. :-\

I'm afraid that the ECM bonus doesn't actually work in the game. Unless there's something that I'm not noticing here. Ftrs get a +2, but that appears to be it.

You can still find a cloaked ship by hitting the "Y" or "T" butons. The cloak doesn't make them undetectable.

No, I haven't got the hellbore=web texture. As it is now I still have the plasma snare for the webcaster. I used it because it at least has some effect on ship movement. Not the same as real web, but as good as it gets in OP, IMO.

I'm working on an installer for the latest version of GaWtm. I have to get all of the models into a seperate folder. What I'm doing now is going through and double checking the model pointers, model.siz file, strings.txt, etc. and making a file that wil copy stock models into the new GaWtm model folder. I'll have new models for the unique races (Andro, etc.) that the game doesn't supply models for. Anyway, I'm up to the Lyrans, alphabetically, and hope to get it finished any day now.

Rod

PS. Do you have versions, or know where I can get some, of the KA Tholians that have actually been completely converted to SFC? I'm looking for some with HP's.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2004, 09:47:21 pm »
BUMP to the TOP!

Rod go here: http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/files.shtml do a SEARCH for 'KLINGON' and you will find IMHO all THE BEST KA Tholians Dark Drone converted to SFC. MUCH higher poly than Taldrens aborted GAW ones. I have to admit that the Taldren Tholian fighter, Starbase and freighter are very cool additions to the Tholian TMP era arsenal.

Send me an e-mail and I'll get Ganymad's Web/hellbore texture to you.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2004, 10:05:51 pm »
BUMP to the TOP!

Rod go here: http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/files.shtml do a SEARCH for 'KLINGON' and you will find IMHO all THE BEST KA Tholians Dark Drone converted to SFC. MUCH higher poly than Taldrens aborted GAW ones. I have to admit that the Taldren Tholian fighter, Starbase and freighter are very cool additions to the Tholian TMP era arsenal.

KF

Taldren had Tholians designed?

Anyone know what they looked like?

Any Links?
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2004, 11:26:47 pm »
BUMP to the TOP!

KF

Taldren had Tholians designed?

Anyone know what they looked like?

Any Links?

The Tholians I am referring to were given to the SFC Community by Taldren about a year ago now. They are mainly RECYCLED Tholians from Klingon Academy and NOT SFB based Tholians. Tholian Ship rosters/specs are here:

www.klingonacademy.com

The GAW Tholians are mainly LOW POLY versions of the Garnet CL, Ruby CA, an interesting SFB style Freighter and a two pronged fighter.

Links:

High poly Klingon Academy Conversions are here along with a few of Hollis J. Wood's Tholians I retextured in KA style. DO a SEARCH for Klingon and you will find a page with 27 entries on it:

http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/files.shtml

Battleclinic has the Taldren GAW Tholians (as well as some ENTERPRISE Tholians) and Andromedan Models:

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/dock.php?r=tholian

EDIT: Hmm.. the Tholian Fighter is missing from battleclinic's dock yards...

Dark Drone has the Taldren GAW collection Andromedans and Tholians at this link:

http://www.the-tcs.net/_hosted/dd/index.htm

Finally, terradyhne has IIRC half a dozen Klingon Academy and Starfleet Academy conversions/kitbash designs:

http://www.terradyhne-yards.de

The one I like the MOST of Terradyhne's is a double hulled Ruby CA made to look like a SFB Tholian heavy/command cruiser but I didn't see it posted there.

Qapla!

KF

« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 12:32:27 am by Klingon Fanatic »
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2004, 01:27:25 am »
BUMP to the TOP!

KF

Hmmm? I've DL'd so much stuff for GaW, but I'm pretty sure that DD's aren't HP'd/DP'd. Maybe I'm wrong. Are you fairly certain man?

What? You've lost my e-mail addy? Pulease!!!  ;)

edit: corrected qoute box
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 11:18:12 am by Rod ONeal »

Offline IncursionX22

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2004, 04:15:11 am »
Wow I had no idea Taldren had those models out, thats so cool. I'm going to have fun with these babies ;D
-IncursionX22

Offline Rhaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2004, 04:55:02 pm »
"We need reinforcements!"

J-BC

Any release info on these + the frigate ice version?

J-CC

J-CL

Offline IncursionX22

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2004, 05:01:41 pm »

Been a little busy, I'll try to fix up the ice one and get it up asap.

I have a wicked cool design for a Starbase that Azel and I are going to work on... eventually... lol

sorry for the delay :(
-IncursionX22

Offline Rhaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2004, 08:34:44 pm »
I can't wait!  Thanks for the update.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2004, 09:44:49 pm »

Been a little busy, I'll try to fix up the ice one and get it up asap.

I have a wicked cool design for a Starbase that Azel and I are going to work on... eventually... lol

sorry for the delay :(

No problem. I'm just glad for an update. You know BEFORE these ships were posted I admit that Jindarians had no interest to me at all. I am really charged up about this race now thanks to these original designs.

Thanks for again sharing these.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC