Topic: V2 D'Tharex Class ENT BOP - My Design  (Read 1271 times)

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
V2 D'Tharex Class ENT BOP - My Design
« on: July 31, 2004, 09:57:04 am »
I've recently designed what I think we shoud've seen in "Minefield"

http://scn.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=17910131&f=11310331&m=57010734563&r=70610367563#70610367563

Would anyone like to build her for SFC?
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
Re: V2 D'Tharex Class ENT BOP - My Design
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 10:08:44 am »
I've recently designed what I think we shoud've seen in "Minefield"

http://scn.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=17910131&f=11310331&m=57010734563&r=70610367563#70610367563

Would anyone like to build her for SFC?

Mind if I drop her in my Rom fleet???
All Things End

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 10:39:17 am »
That's an interesting design, I like it a lot better than that cylinder Greg Jein made for the Encyclopedia... 

I take it the nacelles are based on the Vulcan "ring" drive?
Trekmods SFC/BC/Nexus forum

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2004, 06:00:50 pm »
Sure Azel, you can make your own version. I'd be honored! Just make sure you read everything I have on the D'Tharex in that topic, since it might help a bit.

Pierce, you hit the nail on the head. I explained it in the topic, but I'll repost an edited version here.

The "warp bars" on the Bop are intended to mimic the Vahklas from ENT: "Fusion", which has a "broken" warp ring ararngement. http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/vahklas-screen.jpg

I figure that both the Romulans and Vulcans started out with that, but the Vulcans eventually closed that ring. The Romulans on the other hand, stuck with the split-ring configuration untill they started using linear warp units sometime before "Balance of Terror". I'm guessing that the change might be because linear warp units might have an advantage as opposed to annular systems, but since the Vulcans have supposedely "fast" ships, a ring configuration might be faster but not able to move very well during warp.

"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 08:10:28 pm »
Sure Azel, you can make your own version. I'd be honored! Just make sure you read everything I have on the D'Tharex in that topic, since it might help a bit.

Pierce, you hit the nail on the head. I explained it in the topic, but I'll repost an edited version here.

The "warp bars" on the Bop are intended to mimic the Vahklas from ENT: "Fusion", which has a "broken" warp ring ararngement. http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/vahklas-screen.jpg

I figure that both the Romulans and Vulcans started out with that, but the Vulcans eventually closed that ring. The Romulans on the other hand, stuck with the split-ring configuration untill they started using linear warp units sometime before "Balance of Terror". I'm guessing that the change might be because linear warp units might have an advantage as opposed to annular systems, but since the Vulcans have supposedely "fast" ships, a ring configuration might be faster but not able to move very well during warp.

Thanks mate!!!
All Things End

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2004, 09:11:43 pm »
Never saw that Vulcan before...  according to Ex Astris, T'Pol even says that it "hasn't been used in a long time."  ;)  Nice bit of extrapolation there, Mariner...  :D
Trekmods SFC/BC/Nexus forum

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise