Topic: I am taking a long break from this place  (Read 1777 times)

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
I am taking a long break from this place
« on: July 22, 2004, 07:35:53 pm »
  I taking a break from this place.I spend to much time here anyways untill I can be taken seriously.Good bye

Offline Strafer

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: I am taking a long break from this place
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 08:07:50 pm »
Say something worth listening to and we'll take you seriously.
Then again, stick around and lurk for a while. Until you get your facts straight and stop spewing misinformation you get a :thumbsdown: from me. You might mean well but leading ppl seeking help in the wrong direction is not cool. I for the most part skip right over your posts because of this. I got tired of saying to myself "WTF is he talking about?!".
--
Code: [Select]
Lineage II
Server                           Sieghardt                    deviantrealms.com (dead)
Chars       Strafer          L24 Rogue                  L64 Hawkeye
                StrayFar       L64 Tyrant                  L51 Tyrant
                StrawFur      L37 Scavenger            L49 Bounty Hunter
                StraightFour L62 Shillen Elder         L53 Shillen Elder

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 08:51:33 pm »
  I taking a break from this place.I spend to much time here anyways untill I can be taken seriously.Good bye

K here we go again..

You are more than welcom to play the game
You are more than welcome to post if te forums..

The reason no one "takes you seriously" is because you

A) Post tactics against AI that either everyone knows or simply take to long
-You posted before that it took you about 40 miuntes (ish) to kill a CCZ in a CWLP.
I posted (a couple of times) that it should take about 6 minutes.
Did you ever ask anyone, or say to yourlsef "Why am I taking so long to do it"

B) The BCE thing ws kinda funny- It looks good on paper , I agree. Before I actually played the gane I thought it would be a great ship -I learned.But you didn't listen to everyone who has actually played the game . Rather than listening to what people said you went off on some tangent about how it could fly at speed 38ish. <-- this kinda links to below.

C) You went off on a tangent about how to "really" tell how fast the ships were going. You tried to tell people who have played the games for years that all this time when they read the "speed" indicator that they had always been reading this wrong.

D) You *seem* to have a habit of coming on the boards and telling everyone how the game works. What strategies to use, what ships to fly, how races should fly against other races. All of this despite the fact that as far as anyone knows, you've never flown against anyone other than the AI.
And beating the AI is easy, it's so easy that no one cares about it. It is generally regarded as boring to fight. _Yet you post again and again like we're supposed to repect your ideas and skills because you can beat it.

- That being said you don't have to win at PvP to be listened to. But it does show you're participating in the game

I hate to see us lose anyone (well almost anyone.. that Green fella's getting uppity)
so

Advice

1)Ask questions. Ask about anything you don't understand
2)Read what people have to say
3)Ask more questions.
4)Rather than modding ships, use the OP+ list ones (figure out the ones everyone uses for your race)
- Know everything you can about them, how fast they move when charging, how fast they move when loading, when running max ECM, when running tractors etc.
5)Ask another question or two.

Edited for the wiseass...

« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 10:32:19 pm by Hexx »
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 09:00:10 pm »

I hate to see us lose anyone (well almost anyone.. that Grenn fella's getting uppity)

Very true, but then there is that Heex fella ;)

Offline FPF-AJTK

• You make it to the second commercial if your a
  • Lt.
  • Founding Member of the BLUE PLAGUE
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 05:05:12 pm »
Um, your posting in a thread about a GAME. Not too much to be taken seriously here Im afraid.

If your looking for respect, this isnt the place for it.

On the other hand, if YOU dont take everyone ELSE seriously, you will get along here just fine...
RE-VER-SE: To move backwards, retrograde; movement that is not forward in nature.

[img]http://pages.sbcglobal.net/wanderer/_uimages/AJTK.jpg