Topic: Ferrell's weapons charts?  (Read 4177 times)

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: Ferrell's weapons charts?
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2004, 07:59:50 pm »
PPD and Caveat III fighters are fair and balanced  :rofl:

Nothing to see here, move along  :carmen:
You tell them DieHard and btw my SFC2 chart is beside my monitor.

Offline FVA_C_ Blade_ XC

• Forum Czar
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Yep,I did it.
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2004, 09:53:43 pm »
The biggest complaint I've heard about the PPD in SFB is the fact that it's an "auto-mizia" weapon.  Comeon, 4 pulses, over 4 impulses, each pulse from a multiple PPD ship counts as it's own volley etc...  People complain that it's unfair to have a weapon that naturally takes advantage of a particular strategy.

2x PPD hitting range 10 bare hull for all 4 pulses = 8 sets of 4 rolls on the DAC.

It's an interesting mechanic, and it results in a lot of weapon-killed but still functional ships.

What makes it so annoying in SFC is that the pulses hit faster than the DAC resets.

Without the PPD, the iSC's nothing more than a glorified Gorn-clone.  The I-torps aren't special enough IMO to write home about.  They're nothing more than packs of severely limited Pl-F...

Anyway, proxie torps, Kaufman retrogrades, and large / floating map missions are the bane of the ISC.  So are drones and fighters...

Now, the SFC-creation Caveat IIIs are not the best creation I've seen come down the pipe, 3 gatlings per fighter in a 4 fighter flight equals more range 0 damage than just about anything in the game, short of a DN-sized alpha strike...  Being limited in what we have available as replacements for the gatlings (either full ship-sized Pl-F or broken Dro-D) makes the life of someone attempting to seek balance without cloning existing fighters very difficult...

And that might be why the ISC are such terrible enemies in SFC: The tried-and-true tactics are not available in SFC.

Interesting thought, thanks Julian!

Merlin

No but there others,

Harken ye back to Rook's Tavern 3
Blade flying Klingon.
I will just list the ISC DN kills

Blade in a C7V
5 CVAZ kills
6 DNZ kills
4 CVA kills.

You dont even want to see the CCZ kills.

Ask Hjets and Farfrogger they fell the most ;D

Sometimes ya just need to fly with your balls and not your brain.
FVA_C_Blade_XC
XenoCorp Fleet Operations
www.xenocorp.net
ISC Race Moderator
Visioneer
S.S.Blade

See Wade,See Wade post like an arse,See Wade get banned.
Dont be a Wade!

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2004, 10:39:58 pm »

Now, the SFC-creation Caveat IIIs are not the best creation I've seen come down the pipe, 3 gatlings per fighter in a 4 fighter flight equals more range 0 damage than just about anything in the game, short of a DN-sized alpha strike...  Being limited in what we have available as replacements for the gatlings (either full ship-sized Pl-F or broken Dro-D) makes the life of someone attempting to seek balance without cloning existing fighters very difficult...

Plasma Fighters with F-torps work fine.  Modders should think about that.  We have them now in the SGODev mod and they are far from OTT.  A heck of a lot more balanced than a fighter with 3 Gatlings.

Not picking on the Caveat III, we scrapped the whole fighterlist.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 10:45:56 pm by FPF-DieHard »
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline 3dot14

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Starfleet Universe
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2004, 12:59:37 pm »
I think this is be definition a HIJACKED thread... (hijacked, in a way, by WaterTiger himself... LOL)

Back to the original request:
Primary: http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,16331458.0.html
Heavy: http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,16331453.0.html

And something of interest: http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,16331968.0.html

(BTW the search function works-- much better than it did at Taldren, I might add-- you just had to tweak a few parameters.)

Offline MrCue

• Site Designer
  • Lt.
  • Proud Father
    • Battleclinic
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2004, 01:13:55 pm »