Topic: Titan WIP .. part 2  (Read 5539 times)

olbuzzard

Titan WIP .. part 2
« on: June 01, 2004, 08:41:46 pm »
requesting that the last two days of log entry be cut-paste ...  etc from the Titan WIP.   I'm still stuck on dial-up.  After waiting nearly 8 min. I can' review the last couple of days of entry.  ( It is timing out I guess)  Also respectfully requesting that we continue the WIP from here.

Thanks

Fallen_Warrior

Re: Titan WIP .. part 2
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 04:17:31 am »
sure thing

Sandman3D

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 04:54:33 pm »
OKey dokey.

As I said in the other thread, been a hectic past couple of days, but I should have more pics tonight.  

olbuzzard

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 06:10:14 pm »
That's cool ...  I just had oral surgery yesterday PM ...  back at work today ..  looking forward to some GOOD news !!

lay the good word on us bro !!

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 06:21:26 pm »
ok then take your time with those pics then dude oh just off the top of my head will you be keeping my borg texture in the titans sensor panels? if are call if not i will have to throw a temper tantrum anyway i love what you doing to her and if you need some help drawing up textures throw me a line

olbuzzard

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 07:51:40 am »
Sandman ...  here is the top view posted on this thread...  the other one is now impossible for me to DL while at home  ( dial up thingy ..  man ... I hate being on Dial-up !!

but at any rate  I think you will see the difference in the way this is tapered areound the impulse engine area.

thanks

Sandman3D

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2004, 04:47:56 pm »
OK, here's a few shots of the primary bottom...just a basic paint job...another migraine.   Don't worry, I'm working on the impulse deck, trying to get it reworked without screwing up the mesh.

olbuzzard

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 04:56:25 pm »
That's looking great sir !!!  keep up the great work.  I know ...  messing with that area is easier said than done.  BUT..  on the other hand if ya get that width right and the taper correct..  that will take care of everything on the primary hull !!

The only other change is still needed is the pylons  (sorry ..  I still notice that too !)  Olbuzzard ducks in comming ink pin from Sandmans office !!

Seroiusly bud..  it's looking much much better.  Just dont give up.

olbuzzard

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 07:38:13 pm »
Here is a little something to help with the pylons

again...  thanks for the extra efforts

Azel

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2004, 07:44:22 pm »
that is looking amazing sir

ModelsPlease

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2004, 06:17:44 am »
The Titan looks better and better each time you post Sandman. Amazing effort.She will truly be one fantastic ship when you release her.Keep up the excellence !

-MP

MarianoDT

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2004, 08:09:01 pm »
It is looking good !
I know by experience that it is a pain texturing weird-shaped saucers (there isn't polar coordinates that matches to make the patterns). You are doing a very good job.  

Looking forward for news.

Mariano

DookeyKing

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2004, 05:56:40 am »
  It's finally happened...MP has everyone calling everyone else sir  This is looking great Sandman.  This project has beed amazing from concept to schematics to naked mesh and now to textures.  everyone invo;ved in this deserves a big round of applause.   [/clap]

Scott

yes I know that the clap thing doesn't really work  

Sandman3D

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2004, 05:21:53 pm »
Sorry for delay in any more pics, but we just got our cable modem and self install kit, so I've been setting that up and getting our puters networked together...still need to get it working better, but it's good enough for us to share the cable...no more dial-up!!

I'll get more going tonight.  

olbuzzard

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2004, 07:14:01 pm »
Quote:

Sorry for delay in any more pics, but we just got our cable modem and self install kit, so I've been setting that up and getting our puters networked together...still need to get it working better, but it's good enough for us to share the cable...no more dial-up!!

You luck dog you !!  I hope to get either cable or DSL by the end of the summer.  

Sandman3D

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2004, 11:09:46 am »
Having a hard time with the impulse deck...can't get it re-shaped without screwing up the mesh. Any of you bashers/re-texturers have any secrets you could pass along?  

Sandman3D

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2004, 11:51:42 am »
A quick pic of the underside...still needs some work, but...

olbuzzard

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2004, 01:23:28 pm »
the underside is looking better bud !!  Keep up the efforts !!

ModelsPlease

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2004, 08:44:32 am »
Bump to page 1  

Kaenyne

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2004, 08:46:17 am »
Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Lookin' groovy!

olbuzzard

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2004, 08:53:56 am »
HEHEH  ...   yeah !!  I'm worse than a kid in a candy store waiting on the next update !!!  Or like a certain some one we all appreciate who is insistant on asking for ... "Models Please" !!  

Sandman3D

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2004, 01:01:35 pm »
I hope it's ok, but I'm gonna have to leave the impulse the way it is...I don't have the knowledge/skill necessary to correct it wothout screwing the the mesh.

I'll have more tonight.  

Sandman3D

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2004, 12:51:46 am »
Sorry for the delay...after setting up our cable broadband service and hooking it to the old router we had (notice word had), while my wife was on, there was a pop, and power went out for a few seconds. Router now works not at all. Took me all day yesterday to figure out what was going on. Should be able to do more friday (knock on wood).  

olbuzzard

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2004, 07:31:33 am »
just hang in there bud....  do the best you can.  As for the Impulse and Pylons ...  I had hoped you could taper those a little better...  but if ya cant...  then for now...  dont worry about it !!  This is as much about all of us learning togeather, sharing ideas and helping the community  to grow and produce a better product for all of us to enjoy !

I appreciate your efforts.

Thanks

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2004, 07:33:42 am »
how about i have ago at tampering with the textures around that area and see if i can do something without having to play with the mesh?

olbuzzard

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2004, 07:47:45 am »
actually if you look at the mesh and the picts of the hull from a design stand point of view...  the back end of the impulse area must be beveled to match the slope of the primary hull ..  and it is a wider taper as it aproaches the back as well..  But that's ok  ...  (you can take a look at the picts we posted a few lines back up and see what I'm talking about)

Once the mesh is corrected...  the rest should be much easier ... and it will give the primary hull a totally different look around that area.  

The rest of the mesh looks pretty darn good IMHO .. just those two areas that are a concern.  But...  hey Sandman3-D has came a LOOOOONG ways on this project and is to be commended for his work !!

thanks

Sandman3D

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2004, 10:26:32 am »
OK, a quick note: due to the fact that I seem to get a bad migraine every time I start to work on this, I'm going to have to let it lie for a while...really tired of having my head feel like it's going to explode. I'll get it done, just might be awhile...ask Azel, this has happened before, i.e. his USS Dauntless I made a couple months before. SORRY FOR THE DELAY!! If anyone wants to take a stab at her, I'll send what I have done so far, just post here or send a PM.  

Kaenyne

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2004, 10:29:34 am »
Sorry to hear that, man. That must be frustrating to be hurting while doing something you love. Maybe working in shorter spurts would, or taking a migraine med before starting up again?
In the meantime, rest up, man!

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2004, 11:44:57 am »
hey sandman you take it easy i know im not 100% with milkshape but i will have a shot at putting her in some clothes for you and i will try my very best to make everyone who has helped very proud if not i can at least release a Beta after i have her skined

Sandman3D

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2004, 11:49:39 am »
OK, I'll zip her up and send her to you...and feel free to discard the stuff I have on her now if you feel you can do better (which it looks like you can...I suck at texturing), I just want this baby done, and my head don't want to cooperate. Expect it shortly.  

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2004, 11:51:40 am »
well i will try to keep what you have done the only thing i would like to play with would be the deflector but apart from that i will add on to what youve done but not replace it
anyway my mail box is open and waiting

Kaenyne

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2004, 11:52:08 am »
Just worry about your noggin. Health comes first.

Sandman3D

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2004, 12:11:17 pm »
F_W, chk you mail...and thanx again!!  

olbuzzard

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2004, 01:24:27 pm »
Sandman ...  you take care sir.  No need to feel badly about such matters.  I would rather see a health Sandman3D ...  that is a primary concern.  Your Name is still a major factor in the development of this ship  and will remain so when it is released.

Take care sir...  Get well soon !  I look forward to seeing some more of your work in the near future.

Azel

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2004, 01:30:11 pm »
I Know you too well, Sandman
I can wait
I know you will still work on her...secretly
and when she is done, and we least expect it....
BAM!!!
you release her
Aye...I know you Sandman  

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2004, 02:05:21 pm »
Quote:

F_W, chk you mail...and thanx again!!  

checked it and its not there did you you install a phase cloak on her
send her to the addy you made up for me since it can hold more

Sandman3D

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2004, 02:25:57 am »
OK, went and chk'd my mail...apparently there was a virus warning, the zip file was larger than it was supposed to be, so I think something piggy-backed it. I'll u/l to my site and send ya the link.

Also, I have received an offer to finish her from someone who shall remain nameless right now, but I know you all would love to know! F_W, I still want your version also...we can have a heck of a week with releases.  

olbuzzard

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2004, 07:29:24 am »
I agree Sandman...  Above all I would like to personally thank you for your hard work and efforts.  If you are able to finish your version as well  at a later point in time...  I would be very much interested in seeing your work completed.

Above all else I hope you get to feeling better soon.  I deeply appreciate working with you and like your work.

I think this also speaks well fo the community when they are willing to step in and help finish this project.

Thanks to everyone who has been most kind in this matter.

ModelsPlease

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2004, 07:39:50 am »
I totally re-affirm what has already been stated.Health and Family first.Feel better Sandman sir. I think it'll be cool to see F_W's version and this "OTHER" version you spoke of as well as yours when you finish her. Your contribution to this project has been greatly appreciated by everyone !!!!

-MP

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2004, 08:51:09 am »
hell i say give everyone a shot at finishing her and we can have a little poll to see whos we like or we could even combine parts from one to another since its only texture work

Sandman3D

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2004, 09:24:07 am »
Thx for all the understanding guys...I feel bad about this, but as Buzz stated, this is really cool that others are willing to step in and finish her...THANX!!!  

olbuzzard

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2004, 10:13:45 am »
Quote:

Thx for all the understanding guys...I feel bad about this, but as Buzz stated, this is really cool that others are willing to step in and finish her...THANX!!!  

That includes YOU too sir ...  one of these days you need to do the rest of it ..  when you are up to it ..  we still want to see it done.

We are all in debted to you and your work on this sir.  I can never stress that enough....

(well back to work before I get busted by the boss !! )  

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2004, 10:24:01 am »
i agree with olbuzzard you need too look after yourself first and i hope you get well soon as for the Titan i will keep her warm for you and try to finish her clothes  
but your baby will always be that YOURS

Ive also found a way of dealing with that Impulse engine i will have a go at changing it round and i will post my First WIP pic later on after ive managed to deal with it

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Fallen_Warrior »

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2004, 11:53:13 am »
GGGGrrrr i hate double posting but Azel could you send me your concept sketches please because i want to stay true to you idea as much as possible when it comes to those impulse engines if i had it my way i would removes them and put something in the saucer like the sovereign

Azel

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2004, 12:45:16 pm »
Sorry mate I can't up load them...If you send me an Email addy...I'll send it out now  

olbuzzard

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2004, 01:06:05 pm »
Here is a copy of the final  sketch we agreed on

hope this helps

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by olbuzzard »

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2004, 05:39:31 pm »
olbuzzard if i could see it it would be great for some reason it isnt up and Azel the addy is on my signature

shown here is a couple of screen shots of what ive done so far all ive done is change the bussard and nacel texture aswell and play with my borg textures to make sensor panels any feed back will be welcome as its first offical forum job

olbuzzard

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2004, 06:07:03 pm »
I'm at work right now ..  (still ) ..  give me about another hour or so ..  the addy looks right .. when I get home I will have the files where I can check them.

There is a pict above that has about 3/4 of the ship ...  missing only the front 2/3  of the primary hull (from the same sketch origonated by Azel) ..  you can see the impulse engines there as well...  

thanks

olbuzzard

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2004, 08:13:14 pm »
bump..   got the addy fixed..  hehehe  amazing what a space in the right place will do !

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2004, 08:44:58 pm »
thanx dude

Khalee

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2004, 08:54:46 pm »
thats not the Titan every one knows the Titan is a Garbage Scow as thats the only thing Rikers Qualafied to command.

Kaenyne

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2004, 08:21:15 am »
Nice views.  

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2004, 09:34:22 pm »
I hate to do this to you all after wetting your whistles with my WIP pics, but for some strange reason (probaly this darn heat) my arthritis has flared up badly and im unable to sit at my desk for long periods.
So im going to have to take a break from texturing this also goes for the stuff that im doingfor ModelsPlease, Manitoba, and my own personal projects i do apolergise for this but thanx to my dear mother i have Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis and at the age of 19 (i have worse joints than a 50 year old and i have doctors notes to prove it)

So i will be going AWOL for a while, while i rest up and let my fiancee nurse me better (now who said been sick had no advantages) i will still be posting and dropping in on the forum to see what fantastic ships are been pumped out and to drop my 2 cents in here and there

So for everyone who is waiting on me i ask you to bare with me just a little while longer and i apolergise again.

Sandman3D

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2004, 09:56:33 pm »
As you told me, worry about your health 1st, models last. The Titan will get done, one way or another.  

olbuzzard

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2004, 11:04:28 pm »
Sandman is exactly correct.  Dont worry about it!  Keep things in their proper priorities ...  all except that comment about the joints of a 50 year old !!  ( I 'm 52 as of June 5th ) ...  hehehe  

Take things one day at a time sir.  We'll be here when ya get better

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2004, 01:13:11 am »
thank you even though Beth my fiancee is keeping a close eye on me i will try to sneak some work on if i have to stay in bed for a week to ease my back i will go insane so i will try doing some work while she goes to the loo or something like that
sorry olbuzzard i take the 50 year old joints back and change it to 70 year old joints :P

Sandman3D

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2004, 01:53:15 am »
Well, I know from experience you can overcome these things with a whole lot of willpower...I was told when I got out of the Army (Honorable discharge, medical conditions) at the age of 20 that if I didn't act soon I would be in a wheel chair by the time I was 35...well I'm almost 36 and I walk about 7-10 miles a day. Osteoarthritis isn't gonna keep me down...I just got a mountain bike, and plan to start riding more too...knees are bad now also. You just have to believe that it won't keep you down and lots of exercise!!  

Fallen_Warrior

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2004, 02:54:27 am »
i do a 5 mile run a day but when you have a week when you spend at least 10 hours a day (thank god im an insomniac) infront of the pc sitting in 1 or 2 positions doesnt help at all but ive wanted to get these textures done ASAP aswell as complie my list and set up sites and all that stuff i almost did it aswell 3/4 of the way on the list and 3 models almost textured.
oh i know the knee problems i played rugby untill i had my kneecap shattered in a tackle and while i was out of commission my other knee gave way since i was as active as ever
ohwell as i said because at leaset i have my fiancee giving me TLC (total lockdown confirmed) when it comes to my pc thank god she doesnt know the admin password for it i can sneak a few hours in here and there im not one for layin in bed all day i need to be ocupied by atlease 5 things or i get bored

Grim Reaper

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2004, 07:26:46 am »
get well soon!

ModelsPlease

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2004, 05:11:26 pm »
Yes F_W feel better. Send the Titan my way and I'll have a go at texturing her.With Ol'Buzzard and Azel to guide me I think I can keep it moving along until you and Sandman get better. Use my private addy or this one........

ModelsPlease@aol.com

-MP  

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2004, 09:09:49 am »
I think there was some additional data from WZ to add to this ....

thanks
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2004, 12:21:52 am »
Bump for news update

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Sochin

• Lt.
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2004, 04:17:14 am »
Can we have an update please.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2004, 07:51:57 am »
hey bud ..  it's cool WZ is currently working on it.  He poste d a few changes a couple fo weeks ago.  Plus the best I can remember there was a couple minor chnages to be made in the Pylons. 

When he is done with the Titan ..  it will be a classic .. (just like the rest of his work).  That to me means more than than i can expess in just a few words on a forum board !

thanks

Offline Sochin

• Lt.
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2004, 08:03:04 am »
Iam so looking forward to this, side not CaptKen can finally have a ship image rather than conceptual art.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2004, 08:35:27 am »
(shhhh  hehe   that's top secret stuff..    since he seldom visits this site ..  we are going to suprise him with it in the next available mod )

thanks