Topic: read what i did to the stock shuttels  (Read 939 times)

Sleeper

MarianoDT

Re: read what i did to the stock shuttels
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 01:21:32 pm »
Cool. Thanks for sharing...

Mariano

MrCue

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 04:29:05 pm »
If only the game would have shipped with sh-shields, we wouldnt have to borrow one from elsewhere.

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 07:31:04 pm »
Thanks for sharing this.

I did manage to replace the intro. movie with the one from ST: New Worlds.

Now if we could only get a high poly Melak warbird to match the high poly uber accurate Federation ships out there, LOL.

KF

Sleeper

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 09:05:21 pm »
should i upload what i did plus i maid it so that you can hve anything you whant on that shuttel. i even maid it so it can be more than a match for a starbase.  

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004, 09:36:15 pm »
Quote:

should i upload what i did plus i maid it so that you can hve anything you whant on that shuttel. i even maid it so it can be more than a match for a starbase.  

Sounds like a good place to start regarding getting Andromedan Satellite ships into SFC3.

Offer it up for d/l.

Now the next questions. Bear with me, I am only now starting to modify my SFC3 game:

1.  Is there an upper limit to the NUMBER of Shuttles?

2.  Is the launch rate changeable?

3.  Is there any way to make a useful carrier that can have a SELECTION of  DIFFERENT fighter types? Example: SFC2/OP Carriers that have a few different fighter types listed as STANDARD in the ship specs.

The implications would be that we can now have Klingon Academy Sha' Kurians, SFC Carrier race ships, Psuedo Figheters and even Andromedans.

Please advise.

KF
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 09:40:13 pm by Klingon Fanatic »

MrCue

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 09:56:35 pm »
Quote:

99 (or 90, something like that), But there is a limit to the number that can be out at one time.

Quote:

No, but officer levels do affect rate.

Quote:

3.  Is there any way to make a useful carrier that can have a SELECTION of  DIFFERENT fighter types? Example: SFC2/OP Carriers that have a few different fighter types listed as STANDARD in the ship specs.

No, only 1 shuttle/fighter type per race.

red_green

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 11:02:52 pm »
Quote:

Sounds like a good place to start regarding getting Andromedan Satellite ships into SFC3.

Offer it up for d/l.

Now the next questions. Bear with me, I am only now starting to modify my SFC3 game:

The implications would be that we can now have Klingon Academy Sha' Kurians, SFC Carrier race ships, Psuedo Figheters and even Andromedans.

Please advise.

KF  

Regarding the limit. I got enough shuttles in game to crash my computer once. Its likely that even if 99 is feasible its not practicle.  The shuttle has already been modded with  hull increase  and mine dropping capabilityin my assimilation mod.  I didn't give them photons or uber weapons- just made them to disrupt the battlefield more.

A way to get enough shuttles in game to crash your computer if you get bored 1 day. Is to give the shuttle, shuttles. Then the shuttles well launch there own shuttles, that well launch more yet until your computer chokes

To be able to mod the shuttle into any thing you want all you do is change its hull class from SH to a ship hull such as
FF,DD,CL  etc......    

Now the trouble is, you can only get 1 shuttle per race. So there is no way to get a pf for your carriers and shuttles for the other ships. If you mod the shuttle to a pf. You almost would have to make it so only the ships that were carriers have shuttles. Then the rest of the ships with out.  Stock shuttles have no real purpose other than to draw fire, since there are no wild weasels or suicide shuttles.  Instead of giving the shuttles shields it might be better to just give them an FF hull.
Cause they are so small they look silly with a shield circle around them. Try giving them mines.  It clutters up the battle field good  

grave

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2004, 02:08:13 am »
well i came up with a way on ly SFC3... i use the fed frig. for SFC2 as my shuttle mod(just size it a bit smaller) dont look as silly with shileds that way. and use the load out of 2 pha-IX one port full one starboard full, and one photon 345-15 deg.
this id with the SFC3 and the latest beta.... now if i could only get to to work for more than 2 missions with out CTD and ERRORS to the point of reinstalling