Topic: Hydran Dragoon Heavy Carrier leaves shipyard  (Read 1270 times)

red_green

Hydran Dragoon Heavy Carrier leaves shipyard
« on: May 20, 2004, 07:28:17 pm »
Ship History
-------------
The Dragoon is a a Heavy Carrier. Capable of carrying up to 8 shuttles or fighters. It can
be equipped with stronger shields than the standard Hydran CA. These ships replaced the ageing
Lord Marshal Cruisers of the TMP era. There are 73 in service as of this printing.

Get it here. Do a search for Hydrans at that site. I have 5 of then up now. Or check out my Lancer post for the links.

Enjoy!

Dragoon d/l and preview  

To do list:

Corvette
Frigate DONE
Frigate leader
Destroyer
Destroyer leader DONE
Light Cruiser
Light Carrier
Heavy Cruiser
Heavy Carrier  DONE
Battlecruiser DONE
Dreadnought
Battleship DONE
Small Freighter
Large Freighter
Shuttle  DONE
Tug  
Starbase
Outpost
Listening Post
Drydock
Workbee

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by red_green »

Azel

Re: Hydran Dragoon Heavy Carrier leaves shipyard
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 07:42:51 pm »
THAT IS GORGEOUS!!!!
Holy Crap That IS!!!
I really Like that
Atolm Loves

red_green

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 07:50:39 pm »
   Azel you always get the 1st post.  Thanks man. I forgot to mention in the readme that this design is based on the FASA V-5 in part. Then I Hydranized it. The Hydran version of assimilation. Apparently they came upon a lost V-5 out in deep space. Sorta like Voyager. Thats 1 theory. The Hydrans are being secritive about it. But thats what some sources say.  

Azel

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 08:34:48 pm »

Quote:

Azel you always get the 1st post. Thanks man. I forgot to mention in the readme that this design is based on the FASA V-5 in part. Then I Hydranized it. The Hydran version of assimilation. Apparently they came upon a lost V-5 out in deep space. Sorta like Voyager. Thats 1 theory. The Hydrans are being secritive about it. But thats what some sources say.    

I always support my freinds and awesome work...you just happen to be both
awesome work
Nice concept  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 08:40:22 pm »
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Red I'm running out of words here to describe your work. You have completely revitalized and revolutionized the Hydrans and I love your visionary concepts of these ships. I will definately try a Hydran compaign once you have completed your work. Your skill is amazing,I know I said it before but your retro future tek look for these babies ROCK !!!!

-MP  

red_green

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004, 01:34:12 am »
Thanks MP.  Bonus download. Nothing fancy, just the Hydran shuttle. Looks better from top view.  428 poligons. So better suited for single player because the stock ones are only 120.  Get it below while supplies last.

Hydran shuttle

ModelsPlease

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 03:48:39 am »
Kick azz nice bonus ship Red,thank you.If I may make a suggestion.For the Hydran fighter try looking at the Drej Stinger from Titan AE. I think it would make a cool fighter for SFC and the base ship is pretty sweet as well.<shrug> Just a thought.
-MP  

red_green

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 01:06:32 pm »
I dont know what the Drej Stinger from Titan AE is. If you find a pic or link. post it and I'll check it out.  

DonKarnage

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2004, 09:26:09 pm »
cool ship, keep the good work and you will be keep alive.

ModelsPlease

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2004, 10:28:13 pm »
Quote:

I dont know what the Drej Stinger from Titan AE is. If you find a pic or link. post it and I'll check it out.    

Here ya go.........
 Drej Stinger

It's only a pic of the toy but you'll get an idea on shape,the color is very close to  the Hydran colors.If anyone has or finds a better pic of the Titan AE ships Phoenix, Drej Stinger and the Mothership as well. please post it.
-MP  

Magnum357

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2004, 12:09:35 am »
Holy crap!  This Hydran design is extrodinary!  I agree with others, this ship really makes the Hydran a neat race and yet it still keeps too SFB doctrine well.