Topic: U.S.S. Avenger - Firestorm Class X Series Light Cruiser  (Read 2751 times)

Rogue

Re: U.S.S. Avenger - Firestorm Class X Series Light Cruiser
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2004, 04:45:49 pm »
That is one neet-o starship.

I do think it is curious that the XCL question has been raised along with the introduction of this vessel one of yours. It represents an opportunity for creative license. It would be very possible to design 2-3 XCL's for each of the prime races in OP. And, for that matter, the same would go for those XFF's. There are at least 3 sets of specifications for each X class vessels. Let's say that 2 new XCL and XFF for each prime race was designed. That would give us 32 new starships to have fun with. And then there is possibilities for the pirate cartels if anyone was inclined.

On a seperate note... I've thought of a couple of starships recently that I would love to see done. The first would be the McQuarrie in a TMP style for use as Federation strike cruiser. And the other would be one of the Belknap's sister ships as there a were a few that were codeveloped at that time. Atrahasis's Belknap would be very hard to bump but there are some sister ships that have that same geometry if in somewhat different proportions. I mention this because I would think that they would be a lot of fun for a modeler like yourself to develop and I bet you could do some absolutely stunning work on them. If they were anywhere near the quality of your more recent Federation cruisers or dreadnoughts then it would make for some highly prized models. Personaly I think it is a good idea and this thread seemed to be a reasonable opportunity to put it out there for consideration.  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2004, 10:09:49 pm »
It's official I have gone mad. When I pull up DRS and go to the Fed section,this ship is NOT there.From top to bottom I see on my puter screen..........
Integrity
Sovereign
Federation
Directorate
Babylon
Vanquisher
Enterprise
Lexington
Shelby
U.S.S. Saladin/U.S.S. Tamerlane
Titan
Valiant
Patton
Robert E Lee
Kouhei
Bellicose
Defiant
Reliant
Bozeman
Lantree
Saratoga
Ivanov
Voyager
Relentless
Excaliber
Golden Eye Starbase
Asteroid base

My screen area resolution is 1024 x 768. SO why can't I see this ship ???????????? Could someone please post a link on this thread before my hair starts falling out.Thanks
-MP

WickedZombie45

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2004, 10:31:53 pm »
Maybe your browser just isn't loading up the new web page:

http://www.nightsoftware.com/omega/drs/downloads/fed/firestorm.zip

ModelsPlease

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2004, 10:44:33 pm »
Quote:

Maybe your browser just isn't loading up the new web page:

http://www.nightsoftware.com/omega/drs/downloads/fed/firestorm.zip  

Thanks for the link sir.I'm not sure what's going on because I d/l 'ed your new Andro no problem. I wonder what's up with just your Fed page and my browser ???? Hmmmmmm anyway thanks again for the link sir I'm d/l'ing now

-MP  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2004, 10:53:46 pm »
MP,
It's AOL that causes the problem. Their high speed technology, whatever that means, stores webpages at AOL instead of going to the actual sight for them. It speeds up the loading time, but you end up with non updating pages a lot. When that happens I have to go to the sight with IE. After that the page will load fine on AOL's browser. During the beta testing of 9.0 lots of the testers complained about it. They still haven't fixed it yet though.  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2004, 11:10:39 pm »
Perhaps that's it,but I'm running 8.0 I didn't like 9.0.lol who knows anyway thanks for that bit of advice,I do appreciate it.
-MP

Update: Well it finally showed up 7:55 pm in Japan. I hate computers.  
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 05:49:41 am by ModelsPlease »

starforce2

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2004, 06:29:31 am »
Quote:

I wasn't expecting such a reaction to 'er since this is the closest thing to a 'rush job' that I've done in a long time.  

does that mean you used less that 50  textures?

WickedZombie45

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2004, 12:08:14 pm »
I only do that to annoy the people who want to mess with my ships, it's a built in security feature - and so far, few people have modified 'em so it must be working

Marauth

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2004, 01:02:04 pm »
Actually it makes it easier for me cuz it means I can introduce bits of different ships in M6 which can't add textures so cheers