Topic: OP+ 3.3: released.  (Read 46141 times)

Klingon Fanatic

Re: OP+ 3.3: released.
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2004, 06:45:21 pm »
Is there an ETA on the corrected version of 3.3 or are we going to have to wait for 3.4?

Qapla!

KF

FireSoul

« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2004, 09:41:50 pm »
Quote:

Is there an ETA on the corrected version of 3.3 or are we going to have to wait for 3.4?

Qapla!

KF  

3.4 (or whatever it's going to be) will not just contain the listed corrections, but also ships from Module R8 which is due out this summer. .. so it's gonna be some number of months before anything else substantial is released.

Question:  Is there a specific correction you're referring to?

Note: The #1 complaint I hear is from people having to constantly update (even if it's been at every 3-4 months)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 03:48:52 pm by FireSoul »

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2004, 02:49:19 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Qapla!

KF  

3.4 (or whatever it's going to be) will not just contain the listed corrections, but also ships from Module R8 which is due out this summer. .. so it's gonna be some number of months before anything else substantion is released.

Note: The #1 complaint I hear is from people having to constantly update (even if it's been at every 3-4 months)  

Cool news! Definitely worth the wait.

I'm NOT complaining, its just that since I'm not a die-hard SFB fan, I'd be afraid to fix my shiplsit incorrectly. In the past you have made "in flight" post release shiplist corrections and included them in the non-models release IIRC.

Best wishes,

KF

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Klingon Fanatic »

FireSoul

« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2004, 03:49:59 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Qapla!

KF  

3.4 (or whatever it's going to be) will not just contain the listed corrections, but also ships from Module R8 which is due out this summer. .. so it's gonna be some number of months before anything else substantion is released.

Cool news! Definitely worth the wait.

I'm NOT complaining, its just that since I'm not a die-hard SFB fan, I'd be afraid to fix my shiplsit incorrectly. In the past you have made "in flight" post release shiplist corrections and included them in the non-models release IIRC.

Best wishes,

KF

Models-related non-shiplist problems can be fixed in such a way to be fully compatible with others of same version.. .. I haven't encountered that this time, yet?

FireSoul

OP+ 3.3: released.
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2004, 07:19:24 pm »
Hello folks..

.. sorry if this is going to be short. I am tired and smack in the middle of moving. I would, however, like to take a second to thank Frey for hosting the machine on which klingon.stasis.ca is now itself hosted on. Thanks, Frey. This means a lot not just to me.

It took about 4 months for me to do this. The vast majority of the work is models related. I actually released a lot of my own models in the process of reviewing the past contents. Basically, all ships have LODs.. that should reduce CPU load and jumpy games. ... And the parts that blow apart (when ships blow up) don't look empty in such a way you can see right through them. This is a huge polish-up folks. It's almost all visual goodies.

Also, ship classes names have been tweaked. Strafer decided to take it upon himself to make sure all ship classes are named as close-to-be-right as possible. Take a look at the Gorns, for example. It's quite trendy.

So!
Download: ~50 mb:   http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/opplus_33_models.exe

Download no-models version:  http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/opplus_33_no_models.exe

Main site:
 http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/

What's been done to this shiplist?
 http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/compare_from_3.2_to_3.3.txt

Actual model changes, tweaks.
 http://klingon.stasis.ca/OP_plusrefit/models.html#model_tweaks

-- Luc  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by FireSoul »

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2004, 08:50:43 pm »
Thank you Firesoul.

Much appreciated.

KF

Mr. Hypergol

« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2004, 08:56:23 pm »
Great!!!  I love your work Firesoul.  I've been waiting for the next update.  

Rhaz

« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2004, 09:04:06 pm »
Wow, in the middle of a move no less!  Thanks for the work and thanks Frey for the hosting.

Daew Anahos

« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2004, 09:36:11 pm »
Dumb question time.  

I d/led the new ship list installer. 3.2 ins already installed via the OP enhancement pack.

How can I remove just the shiplist without uninstalling the whole pack?  

Or do I need to wait until the next OP enhancement pack is released with 3.3?

Thanks for tuning into dumb question time.    We now return you to your normal forum browsing.

Strafer

« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2004, 10:02:01 pm »
AFAICT, Pesty's installer runs the individual installers themselves. Don't think it keeps track.

FireSoul

« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2004, 10:21:31 pm »
Quote:

AFAICT, Pesty's installer runs the individual installers themselves. Don't think it keeps track.  

indeed.. you should be able to uninstall just OP+ from either the control panel, or from the SFC directory. The executable uninstaller is there.

Julin Eurthyr

« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2004, 08:02:13 am »
Good job there...

Time to enjoy it more...

Daew Anahos

« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2004, 01:21:08 pm »
Thanks!

I forgot totally about the control panel in my brain skip.  

Problem solved.

Thanks for all the hard work FS and good luck on the move!  

EDIT: Also forgot how to spell again.  
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 01:23:03 pm by Daew Anahos »

Crimmy

« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2004, 06:41:07 pm »
Thank you FS....I finnally DL"d the modl pack......WOOT!

AH_Tze

« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2004, 11:28:11 pm »
with work like this, even the redshirt forum-stalkers love you.

FireSoul

« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2004, 11:51:41 am »
Could a kind moderator remove the sticky from the 3.2 thread and perhaps stick this one up in its stead?

NiHM

GZ Folk
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2004, 01:02:49 pm »
If its any consolation Firesoul, on a community level the GZLeagues  players voted in your 3.3 OPPlus as the official league shiplist for Cycle 2.

So if any of us havent said it yet, Thanks a bunch!

NiHM (AKA GZ-Whoo)

FireSoul

Re: GZ Folk
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2004, 01:11:36 pm »
Quote:

If its any consolation Firesoul, on a community level the GZLeagues  players voted in your 3.3 OPPlus as the official league shiplist for Cycle 2.

So if any of us havent said it yet, Thanks a bunch!

NiHM (AKA GZ-Whoo)

Cool!  
.. when did they vote?

Dogmatix!

« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2004, 02:12:49 pm »
Awesome, Luc....Thanks!

<downloading now>

NiHM

Re: GZ Folk
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2004, 03:05:08 pm »
Quote:

Cool!  
.. when did they vote?  

Mid cycle 1-Vote came in to make 3.2 the official and update as you updated.
Cycle 1 was a playtest to see how 3.2 would take, and there were very few stock games played.