Topic: Far Cry  (Read 2517 times)

vsfedwards

Re: Far Cry
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2004, 05:02:35 pm »
I just got my new Graphics card installed on this machine, once I get everything for my new system paid for, I might just get far cry. I remember it looked awesome in E3.

Sirgod

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2004, 05:13:09 pm »
Dallas and I where talking about this game yesterday.He hooked me up with a copy of Tribes 1 & 2 though, so It might be awhile untill I can get this game.

Stephen

Lono

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2004, 02:38:33 pm »

Oh I thought the A.I. was pretty cool in Far Cry, what didn't u like about it?

Maybe not quite as good as in Half Life or UT 20004, but definately in the same league.

Course - I've only just played a couple days or so....

Dash Jones

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2004, 05:52:46 pm »
Quote:

Oh I thought the A.I. was pretty cool in Far Cry, what didn't u like about it?

Maybe not quite as good as in Half Life or UT 20004, but definately in the same league.

Course - I've only just played a couple days or so....

It wasn't that I didn't like it, I just wasn't as impressed by it.  I just thought it was like normal AI.  Some people have been talking about it as if it were the item that will reform AI from here on out.  Personally, when a group of guys come up to you with heavy weapons (course they came because of other actions that you've been doing), and then, as you stand no less than several bodies lengths, can't figure out where to aim the weapons...it doesn't exactly impress me, especially when it happens more than once.

I didn't think the AI worse than other games, I just didn't think it better than other games either.  That's what I meant.  Sorry if it was read as saying I didn't think the AI was good.  I like the game, but not because of the AI would be a better way of putting it.

I do have to say, it perhaps is the HARDEST game I've played in a while.  Of course that last FPS game that I beat completely was JK:JA, so perhaps that has something to do with the differences of difficulty.  (PS I loved JK:Jedi Academy too, great game).

Lono

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2004, 06:00:52 pm »

Yeah JK:JA is Great!

(Did you turn on the Ultra Violence!?)

Poor, poor, Jawas - no one will ever be able to put them together again...  

Thanks for the clarification - I agree it doesn't seem to be a revolution in A.I. to me either.

I did think that the A.I. did a good job of warning each other about threats however - that seemed somewhat improved...

I also think we will see a new revolution in A.I. behavior sometime soon, when 3 gig + processors become standard maybe.  

Monty

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2004, 09:10:33 am »
I'm playing JKII:JO at the moment, I've almost completed it.

Given that its not exactly new... I picked it up cheep. I run it at 1024*768 Textures at maximum with trilinear filtering.

Not only does it look grea, and runs great... it is quite possibly one of the most fun star wars games i have ever played.  

I'm moving right on to jedi academy when i finish it!

If only I had an internet connection at home.  

TalonClaw

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2004, 10:08:16 am »
Quote:

I'm playing JKII:JO at the moment, I've almost completed it.

Given that its not exactly new... I picked it up cheep. I run it at 1024*768 Textures at maximum with trilinear filtering.

Not only does it look grea, and runs great... it is quite possibly one of the most fun star wars games i have ever played.  

I'm moving right on to jedi academy when i finish it!

If only I had an internet connection at home.    

If you ever saw how well it plays online you would run out and get an internet connection at home.