Topic: Any one know how Fantasy Sports work, any of them  (Read 1129 times)

Khalee

Any one know how Fantasy Sports work, any of them
« on: May 12, 2004, 07:35:46 am »
I have been to a few of the sites but Im still confused over it. My dad before he died at one time wanted to get into it too, but he did not understand any of it either.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2004, 09:21:10 am by Khalee »

S'Raek

Re: Any one know how Fantasy Sports work, any of them
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 10:25:09 am »
It really varies depending on what site and what sport.  Most fantasy sports like hockey, baseball, basketball or football hold a preseason draft amongst all the teams in each league.  At places like Yahoo you can sign up for free public fantasy leagues and they assign you to a league.  Or if you know a bunch of people who are all interested in the same sport you can make your own league.  You can set it up where it is a head to head match up each week.  That is when you compete against another player in several (20 or so usually) categories and whoever wins the most gets the most point.  Or you can have a rottissery (sp?) league when everyone just competes against the group.  For racing sports like NASCAR or F1 you pick a driver or team and get points on how well they do that particular week.  

I have been in several fantasy leagues in different sports, but I'm far from an expert.  I don't get really competitive about it like some people.    

TheSatyr

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 04:44:09 pm »
I've done football,basketball,baseball and hockey on yahoo at one time or another.

They put you in a division, and give you your draft position,then you draft the players you want(if no one else gets them first).

You get points by how well your players do in real life.

And you can trade players with other people.

Football is the easiest one to play,since you don't have to worry too much about your line-up. (You don't have games everyday or every other day where you have to constantly tweak your line-up).

Khalee

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 07:35:46 am »
I have been to a few of the sites but Im still confused over it. My dad before he died at one time wanted to get into it too, but he did not understand any of it either.

S'Raek

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 10:25:09 am »
It really varies depending on what site and what sport.  Most fantasy sports like hockey, baseball, basketball or football hold a preseason draft amongst all the teams in each league.  At places like Yahoo you can sign up for free public fantasy leagues and they assign you to a league.  Or if you know a bunch of people who are all interested in the same sport you can make your own league.  You can set it up where it is a head to head match up each week.  That is when you compete against another player in several (20 or so usually) categories and whoever wins the most gets the most point.  Or you can have a rottissery (sp?) league when everyone just competes against the group.  For racing sports like NASCAR or F1 you pick a driver or team and get points on how well they do that particular week.  

I have been in several fantasy leagues in different sports, but I'm far from an expert.  I don't get really competitive about it like some people.    

TheSatyr

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 04:44:09 pm »
I've done football,basketball,baseball and hockey on yahoo at one time or another.

They put you in a division, and give you your draft position,then you draft the players you want(if no one else gets them first).

Football is the easiest one to play,since you don't have to worry too much about your line-up. (You don't have games everyday or every other day where you have to constantly tweak your line-up).

Khalee

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2004, 07:35:46 am »

S'Raek

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2004, 10:25:09 am »

TheSatyr

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2004, 04:44:09 pm »