Topic: sfcmusic.txt? how to bring in sfc1 music?  (Read 2302 times)

ganymad

sfcmusic.txt? how to bring in sfc1 music?
« on: March 08, 2004, 04:54:05 pm »
i got all sfc1 themes in wav format and i tried to replace the sfc2 op music with them. but somehow the music played half the speed it should. and i cant figure out how to change that. the sfcmusic.txt is very confusing too!
i now its possible to put custom music into sfc - its been done in the sfc mod. id love to know how its done.

any suggestions?

greatings,

ed

Klingon Fanatic

Re: sfcmusic.txt? how to bring in sfc1 music?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 05:00:16 pm »
I would love to get this music to burn on a CD to listen to. The SFC1 music is, IMHO, the perfect mood music for playing this series of games. BTW: I can't speak for anybody else but I have tried a zillion times to get the tracks off SFU and I keep getting a 'You are forbidden' error message. I have a gamespy account and I've d/l just about everything on that site before

KF

Pestalence

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 03:16:18 am »
Why not just reinstall SFC 1, go in to Assets\Sounds and unzip the SFCMusic.zip file, then take the listing and butn it to CD????

seems to me the easiest way to do it.

InterMech

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 09:26:18 am »
SFC1 Music is in a different format. Not a formatt readable by the most common media players.  

Praxis

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2004, 09:58:34 am »
I would guess that SFC1 music is lower quality, less kilobytes per second, and that SFC2 is designed to play music at a certain speed/quality, so it stretches the SFC1 music to fill the KBPS gap.

3dot14

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2004, 01:25:37 pm »
I don't know... I can still download the music files w/t problem. (though the waiting time is getting longer than last time I tried...)