Topic: Just a slight question about the TNG mega mod  (Read 2304 times)

Panda

Just a slight question about the TNG mega mod
« on: April 05, 2004, 05:21:47 pm »
Ok heres the thing. I installed the  TNG Mega-mod and it works fine but... i was wondering like for the weapons, do i have to do something so that the cardassions dont use phasors and the dominion dont use ROMULAN DISRUPTORS???? Just wondering.

oh yeah, pleez tell me if i have 2 do something.

PLEEZ HELP!

Panda

Re: Just a slight question about the TNG mega mod
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 10:43:03 pm »
OK! HELP ME! WHAT DONT U GET!!!!

InragedSith

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 10:57:27 pm »
Why do you want to change the weapons on those ships?

Phasers were chosen for Cardassian weapons because they look the closest to the spiral wave disruptors the Cardies use

Disruptors were chosen for Dominion weapons because the Borg are a playable race making phased polaron beams not an option

What do you want to change the Cardassian weapons to?

What do you want to change the Dominion weapons to?

Panda

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 09:25:24 am »
im just wondering if theres something in the mod that I can change so that the cardassions ACTUALLY HAVE spiral beams and dominion ACTUALLY HAS phazed weapons and such.

InragedSith

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 02:39:35 pm »
That's impossible unless you eliminate the Borg

There are two mods out there which give phased polaron beams to the Dominion

They are "Generations at War" and "Dominion Wars" they accomplish the task by eliminating the Boirg as a playable race and retexturing the cutting beams and giving them a new sound

Praxis

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004, 10:01:00 am »
You can't add weapons to the game.  You can change existing ones, but not add them.  And if you change an existing one, then the race that uses the existing one will look strange.  I encountered this problem with Sci-fi Bashfest- do I call  Pulse Phasers Turbolasers and make them red, or leave the name pulse phasers and leave them yellow? I finally decided to leave them Pulse Phasers- it still looks pretty cool.