Topic: The Tempest is ready!  (Read 3834 times)

Smiley

Re: The Tempest is ready!
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2004, 07:17:54 pm »
Sorry - back now, I had to leave before I got the PM, that's why I couldn't send. I don't like this jetlag thing!!!

Dizzy

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2004, 08:23:30 pm »
announce a ship is ready and then have no pic for it... Hmmpppfff!

ModelsPlease

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2004, 03:39:00 am »
Where can I D/L it sir?  

Kaenyne

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2004, 08:25:22 am »
That's okay. I know what lack of sleep feels like and it ain't fun. Get your Zs and don't worry about the Tempest. We'll still be here when you wake up. And you can give us your impression of sunny Florida!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kaenyne »

ModelsPlease

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2004, 12:24:10 am »
This ship is fast becoming the SFC " Flying Dutchman " is it real or is it a phantom ship  
J/K sir any release date yet?
-MP

Kaenyne

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2004, 12:54:51 pm »
Is Smiley awake yet?  

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2004, 01:19:49 pm »
Smiley, what ever happen to the Dominion CL, you were doing

adam out

I believe it was from Dominion Wars Game????

Adam Out

Smiley

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2004, 04:50:09 pm »
Lol, ok ok!
I'm awake!

I'll go and get the archive now and see if I can upload it to someone *runs upstairs*
Before I do that though, I'll answer the question on what I thought of Florida....hehe

1. It was nice and warm (although a little too hot for me at times)
2. The sunlight was blinding on sunny days (lol)
3. I'm so glad you all have air-conditioning!
4. Next time I think I'll bring a universal translator, for my benefit and for yours!
5. It's so confusing that you don't include taxes in your advertised prices (but that's a national thing I think, that is, if your state even does sales taxes etc)
6. Your shops rule - or at least the clothing outlets do. Although try as I might I couldn't find anywhere that sold pc bits and bobs, other than the kind of stuff you get at Dixons (see cameras, camcorders etc).
7. It's very clean and tidy.
8. I can't watch your news programmes without laughing. Sorry I just couldn't take it seriously. Far too biased and it included so much religious rhetoric it felt more like a sermon than an factual information programme.
9. I'll add more when I can think of it

EDIT:
Well I've uploaded it to a FTP site that Starforce provided but I have no idea what the web address of the file at the site would be!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 05:27:51 pm by Smiley »

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2004, 07:59:10 pm »
I am glad you enjoyed yourself,

Please the Dominion CL, I really need it, desperately

Adam Out

Reverend

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2004, 11:17:14 pm »
Ha ha, Smiley, I cannot agree more! You want to hear something good? I learned English very well back home, but here, I had a tutor my parents hired.. she was British, and although she was a Master of Englsih, it was the Queen's English! I have this habit of calling women I am comrades with 'ladyfriends'. Right, sound good, pleasant? 'Ladyfriend' here intones a hidden sexula reference, in other words....
everything here is becoming religiously oriented, funny to hear you completely neutral take on it.... being a foreigner to here also...
glad you had a good time, wish I could have been there to enjoy i with you....
Welcome back home- we missed you-  

Kaenyne

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2004, 09:01:30 am »
It's always interesting to hear an outsider's point of view on Florida. It's a very big state with a very different feel depending on where you are. For example, Miami (where I grew up) is a completely different place than Tallahassee (where I went to school). Miami has a very large Hispanic population, with very Hispanic atmosphere, culture, etc. while Tallahassee is very close to "Deep South". But Miami is really an anomaly, but that is the majority of my experience.

And about those news shows, I wholeheartedly agree with you Smiley! They are ridiculous! I can't watch them they're so laughable. Even our national news on our networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, etc.) are slanted. Besides the bias and religious content (we are a prude of a nation, after all) the MELODRAMA they insert into them is embarrasing. That's why I listen to National Public Radio (NPR), public-run radio network and watch the BBC, as we can get it through our local Public Broadcasting System (PBS), a public-run national telly network. Our public radio and television has a feel much more like that of the BBC (and I don't feel any less for them despite the recent scandal involving Tony Blair's "sexing up" of that Iraq report and that BBC reporter's inaccuracies). The BBC is still light-years better than America's best. (All IMHO of course)

I'm glad you got a kick out of us Floridians!

starforce2

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2004, 12:08:57 pm »
let me know if you ever come to minnesota. Great fishing.

And smiley, the ftp u  sent it to was the public ftp for BCfiles,  I have since uploaded to mackies site.