Topic: Tholian Spinel Class  (Read 1207 times)

WickedZombie45

Tholian Spinel Class
« on: April 15, 2004, 01:19:53 pm »
My take on what a TNG era Tholian could look like:

This one is posted at DRS' new Tholian shipyard section.  

Kaenyne

Re: Tholian Spinel Class
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 01:22:27 pm »
That is just plain nifty-and I don't really like Tholian ships! WickedZombie strikes again! I'll get mine tonight! Thank you VERY much, sir!  

E_Look

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 09:02:15 pm »
NIce ship!  I love the name even more!

But, I can't get into your site, either by Mozilla or by IE!

Mozilla sees your site as a file to be downloaded and IE posts a blank page with a couple of characters in the upper left corner.  

ChrisJohnson

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 09:16:50 pm »
In a way, WZ, I would disagree about what TNG Tholians would look like.  I think their hull would be more based on strong (possibly unknown type of) crystalline that is more relyable than, say, Gorn hulls for example!  But then that's my opinion.  However, that does not mean I don't like the model, and it does not mean you did not do a good job, in which, you actually did!  A very good job at that.  

WickedZombie45

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 10:07:09 pm »
That's because the server died....again. As I said before, it has a very strong hatred for the living impaired...

And, who said this one wasn't made of some sort of crystal?

Rod O'neal

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 12:37:39 am »
Wow! It's really cool to see you doing these "Alien" races. Thanks much. Very nice, as always.

So... Do you think that in TNG the Thols would still be the "master kitbashers" that they were in the TOS/SFB universe? Or would they make individual hull designs for all of the other ship classes?
(Not so subtle hint.  )  

WickedZombie45

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 12:46:10 am »
I'm pretty sure they'd have gained enough resources by then to design and build more original starships. I'll undoubtedly get around to other Tholians eventually as I'm not too fond of trying to figure out how to weld two hulls together and still make it look original...  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 01:03:14 am »
Yeah. I agree that they wouldn't have to still be resorting to welding hulls together by the 24th century. There are real references to that type of aircraft construction, but as a stop-gap effort until better technology was available, not as a prefered practice. I'm sure that with the Neo-Tholians arrival, and the Federation's willingness to share technology with them (if you go by SFB's timeline anyway) that they would've caught back up on their engineering skills and built some better specialized hulls. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your designs for them.

Thanks again for all of the great models.  

Terradyhne

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 03:18:57 am »
the design is great and the model itself to but i think even in TNG the Tholians  have a more crystaline hull not such a plane structure, the texture should be more crystaline    

starforce2

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 06:03:05 am »
wow...I actualy like this tholian....

ModelsPlease

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2004, 08:04:12 am »
Very cool concept oh mighty undead thing ! I would love to see more of your TNG Tholian vision please.

-MP  

jimkirk

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2004, 04:48:16 am »
No way my friend it's awesome

jimkirk

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2004, 03:40:43 pm »
BTW Great Undead of all Undeads can you make more of these TNG Tholians???