Topic: SFC 3 ships  (Read 862 times)

Clark Kent

SFC 3 ships
« on: April 17, 2004, 05:23:54 pm »
I was just messing with my copy of SFC 3, which isn't quite as fun as SFC 2 or 1, and I said to myself, "Self, it would be really nice if I could add in a venture class scout ship, or an Excelsior Class refit ship, or a few others."
To Which I replied to myself "Self, you're right, I wonder how that is done..."
SO, how difficult is it to do these things, and how do I do it?  Sadly, if it's too hard, I'll probably lose interest in it, but want to know just the same,
CK

P.S.  I like Latinas...
....And apparently Asian Ladies as well...

Scorpion

Re: SFC 3 ships
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 11:19:08 pm »
It's really not all that hard.  If you can find some good models of these ships online and download them then all you have to do is place the folder of the ship you just downloaded into ...\Activision\SFC3\Assets\Models or where ever your SFC3 directory is.  If your ship comes with its own specs (usually in the ship's readme) then you can just copy and paste those into the Defaultcore and Defaultloadout text files in ...\Activision\SFC3\Assets\Specs and you should be good to go.  If the ship model does not come with its own specs then you will need to create the specs.  If you need any more information, here are a couple of tutorials:
 SFC3 Universe Model Installation Tutorial
 SFCX.org Spec Editing Guide (this one you will have to download)  

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 11:51:14 pm »
err nevermind...but did this question really need to be asked considering all of the tutorials and older threads that already exist on this topic....?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Futurama_Guy »

Clark Kent

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 01:39:29 am »
Quote:

err nevermind...but did this question really need to be asked considering all of the tutorials and older threads that already exist on this topic....?

I think so, since I haven't really gotten in to SFC 3 until now, and haven't frequented this forum for a while now, and never have paid much attention to the SFC 3 stuff, since I've always preferred SFC 1 and 2 over 3.  In short, I was certain there was info out there to do this, I just had no idea where to look.

CK

P.S. I like Latinas...
....And apparently Asian Ladies as well...