Topic: Taldren-Style LDNE Lyran Early Dreadnought  (Read 1553 times)

FireSoul

Taldren-Style LDNE Lyran Early Dreadnought
« on: March 26, 2004, 02:49:05 pm »
Well, with the forums back up, I can post this to you. Once again, I am merely sharing with you a model that I made for the next version of OP+ which is work-in-progress.

Lyran Early Dreadnought:

Prior to the catamaran design, the Lyrans had created an early dreadnought which bridges the gap between the 2 hulls of a CA, merging them into a single one. It was not as stable as the catamaran conversion (which they hadn't figured out yet), but at least it worked for their needs:

Download:  http://klingon.stasis.ca/models/lyran/fs_ldne.zip

Screenshots:

MarianoDT

Re: Taldren-Style LDNE Lyran Early Dreadnought
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 03:11:14 pm »
Very good as usual  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 03:27:32 pm »
Thank you sir am D/L'ing now  

Kaenyne

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 03:38:38 pm »
Yay! The forums are back!

And a new Lyran to boot!

FireSoul

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 11:02:39 pm »
.. I only wish I could think of a way to do a Taldren-style L-DND Dreadnought Destroyer... *sigh*

.. any ideas?

E_Look

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2004, 11:22:56 am »
I'm confused- dreadnought destroyer??

FireSoul

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2004, 12:17:16 pm »
Quote:

I'm confused- dreadnought destroyer??  

The L-DND was the middle part of added to a  L-CA -> L-DN conversion that never recieved a L-CA for this conversion. There was only one ever made, and it was called the "Golden Cub". That connector part is about the size of a DD.

It's the middle part of this, if you look at a SFB-accurate Lyran DN:

.. however, using Taldren's style of making the lyrans, I have no idea what it would look like.

Marauth

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2004, 12:45:18 pm »
That's because Taldren never bothered with the Trimaran ships, their DN in particular is rather but ugly, you could use Thu11s' old Lion centre-section and mate it to a DD

That's a cool looking Lyran BTW - not a Lion but cool anyway, more like a Wildcat/Hellcat IMO (yeah I know the SFB Wildcat is a Trimaran version of the Panther CL but that looks lame )

Thu11s

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2004, 02:25:41 pm »
The one above is supposed to be a Lion, using the side sections from the Tiger CA i've already done. It looks more like the old school SSD from the top down view than that render looks. You also have to draw a line between something that looks right as an SSD and what looks right as a 3D model. Both the Wild and Hell cats will be done after the Panther is finished

As for the Taldren DN, it looks more like a freighter to me...

Nice looking EDN btw, dont suppose someone could mail me a scan of the SSD, I haven't got the module its in (R7?)

Thu11s  

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2004, 02:57:58 pm »
Thank you Thulls and Firesoul!

My opinion of Lyrans has improved thanks to you two...

KF

FireSoul

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2004, 04:45:37 pm »
Quote:

The one above is supposed to be a Lion, using the side sections from the Tiger CA i've already done. It looks more like the old school SSD from the top down view than that render looks. You also have to draw a line between something that looks right as an SSD and what looks right as a 3D model. Both the Wild and Hell cats will be done after the Panther is finished

As for the Taldren DN, it looks more like a freighter to me...

Nice looking EDN btw, dont suppose someone could mail me a scan of the SSD, I haven't got the module its in (R7?)

Thu11s  

Yeah.. R7.
However, I don't have a scanner. Hmmm...
.. However, I have a Digital Camera.. Let's see:

http://pet.dhs.org/~firesoul/sfc2/ldne/ldne_pic.jpg

Magnum357

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2004, 07:26:40 pm »
Hey Firesoul, I'm confused aswell.  This "Early DN", it was not built during the Early years period (Y75-Y120), but later on during the First Generation of ships, correct?  I never seen this SFB ship before and had no idea the Lyrans even tried too make a DN before the General War DN.

That is a very odd looking SFB design too.  It looks like the Lyrans just slapped it together and hoped it would fly well.  

FireSoul

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2004, 07:35:14 pm »
Quote:

Hey Firesoul, I'm confused aswell.  This "Early DN", it was not built during the Early years period (Y75-Y120), but later on during the First Generation of ships, correct?  I never seen this SFB ship before and had no idea the Lyrans even tried too make a DN before the General War DN.

That is a very odd looking SFB design too.  It looks like the Lyrans just slapped it together and hoped it would fly well.    

Yeah.. It's not a early years ship. It's just an early dreadnought, much like the G-DNE which is already in stock SFC. In fact, did you know the F-DN is now considered a Early DN while the DN+ is now considered their stock DN? Module R7 revises the F-DN's date of appearance to Y148.

.. I am not near my books at the moment, but the L-DNE is entered in OP+ to be dated to appear in Y120.

Thu11s

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2004, 08:48:39 pm »
Quote:

Yeah.. R7.
However, I don't have a scanner. Hmmm...
.. However, I have a Digital Camera.. Let's see:

http://pet.dhs.org/~firesoul/sfc2/ldne/ldne_pic.jpg

Perfect

Cheers for that. May very well have to get me grubby paws on a copy of R7

Thanks

Thu11s  

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2004, 03:18:35 pm »
Any news from Thulls on his Lyran LDN?

KF