Topic: Romulan Runabout  (Read 3041 times)

Daekyn

Romulan Runabout
« on: April 16, 2004, 08:38:16 pm »
Has anyone seen a model of the Romulan runabout that was seen in DS9? I have seen a model image of it on an aussie star trek site, but no models anywhere. If someone could email me a d/l link for it if they find it I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Daekyn

nx_adam_1701

Re: Romulan Runabout
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 09:13:55 pm »
I think the best model that looks like it is the one used by SFC3 as a Romulan Shuttle, I use it and if you want it bigger, just resize it

adam out

Mariner

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 09:55:30 pm »
Actually, the best model of the Romulan Runabout is the Kestrel Class Assault Ship from ST: Armada 2! It is infact an upscaled, highly accurate version of the DS9 ship. I think that it could be converted (if DD hasn't already ) to SFC, and then retextured to represent the right size.

If you don't belvie me, go look at the Kestrel and the Runabout. They're twins!

starforce2

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 10:28:28 pm »
Quote:

Actually, the best model of the Romulan Runabout is the Kestrel Class Assault Ship from ST: Armada 2! It is infact an upscaled, highly accurate version of the DS9 ship. I think that it could be converted (if DD hasn't already ) to SFC, and then retextured to represent the right size.

you don't want a sh*tty armada port. I'll ask a couple people I know if they will do one.

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2004, 01:13:17 am »

http://www.the-tcs.net/_hosted/dd/Rassault.zip

That is the best example I can find.  With the exception of the windows being scaled smaller to make the ship appear overall larger, the physical design and proportions of the ship are IDENTICAL to the Romabout seen in "The Pale Moonlight".

ModelsPlease

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2004, 01:20:55 am »
Very cool,thanks for the ship sir.
-MP  

Daekyn

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2004, 05:42:25 am »
Check this version out, its from that Aussie site I was talking about

http://www.startrekaustralia.com/startrek/romulan/romulanshuttle/1024x768/romulanshuttle001.jpg

ModelsPlease

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2004, 06:41:26 am »
The ship Futurama Guy posted looks pretty close to that pic.A little kitbash to get the bottom narcelle attachments and I think it would match up.My $.02  

Daekyn

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2004, 03:59:16 pm »
Great. Anyone want to do it :-) I have great skills.....unfortunately modeling isn't one of them.  

yakaspat

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2004, 06:02:19 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

you don't want a sh*tty armada port. I'll ask a couple people I know if they will do one.  

The Armada model is actually not sh*tty at all, in fact, with a little Paint Shop Pro effort, I modified it slightly to *exactly* match the Romulan "runabout" seen in DS9.  Like it has been said elsewhere on this forum, it really is an exact replica.

FYI, allot of Armada fan-made models are better than some of the SFC-native MODS, for example the Nova, Prometheus, and, in this case, the Romulan runabout.  The fun is trying to covert said Armada SODs to MODs!  *but don't discuss it here, it's apparently taboo!*  

-Lance

ModelsPlease

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2004, 06:16:19 pm »
Hey Lance I'll trade ya a new shuttle I have for your Rom one.
-MP  

Mariner

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2004, 06:50:34 pm »
I've got the Kestrel already. Mind sending over your edited copy?

Ooo, wait, I wonder if that texture can be "TMP-ed" with the SFC paint scheme. That would rock!

yakaspat

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2004, 08:38:47 pm »
Quote:

Hey Lance I'll trade ya a new shuttle I have for your Rom one.
-MP  

Deal.  Send the file to my hotmail, and I'll send my modified Kestrel Class Rommie to you as well...otherwise I'll forget, as I won't be home till tomorrow.  Did you get my PM?

-Lance

yakaspat

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2004, 08:43:23 pm »
Quote:

Ooo, wait, I wonder if that texture can be "TMP-ed" with the SFC paint scheme. That would rock!  

Sure, I'll zip it and send it to you.  All I did was modify the cockpit, "nose break", and removed all the windows from the side.

Do me a favor and send me an email to yakaspat@hotmail.com so I don't forget?

Thanks,

Lance

Daekyn

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2004, 08:45:34 pm »
I made aan attempt to modify it and make it look like the rommie shuttle, however I would be greatly interested in seeing what someone with talent was able to do. My email is daekyn@acsalaska.net and I will gladly share what I have managed to get done.

yakaspat

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2004, 08:58:39 pm »

Great, now you think I have talent!!!!  

I just made some very simple graphical adjustments to the ship's textures, guys.  But, I'll be more than happy to email it to you.

Please send me an email to yakaspat@hotmail.com

Anybody else who wants one, please just shoot me and email.  I won't be home till tomorrow, and I'm working OT tomorrow, too, so, I may not get to this for a day or two...and email will help me remember.  

Thanks,

Lance

Daekyn

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2004, 09:16:57 pm »
I just emailed you the model with the paint mods I did, hope you got it, and it was in rar format.

yakaspat

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2004, 09:58:04 pm »
Quote:

I just emailed you the model with the paint mods I did, hope you got it, and it was in rar format.

I'll check when I get home tomorrow!

:-)

-Lance

yakaspat

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2004, 11:36:59 am »
Quote:

What's your email address again?

Lance

Mariner

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2004, 11:37:59 am »
marinerclass (@) hotmail.com

ModelsPlease

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2004, 09:36:11 pm »
Just got it and I sent the shuttle,no go on the other one,sorry.  

yakaspat

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2004, 12:23:30 pm »
Quote:

marinerclass (@) hotmail.com  

Sent!

Anthony_Scott

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2004, 01:38:45 pm »
What The Heck....send me one too!

anthonyscott_4@lycos.com

Please...Thanks!

Semper Fi, Carry On

Daekyn

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2004, 04:12:03 pm »
I would like the one that I don't have :-)

ModelsPlease

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2004, 04:17:27 pm »
Quote:

What The Heck....send me one too!

anthonyscott_4@lycos.com

Please...Thanks!

Semper Fi, Carry On

On it's way sir,enjoy!

-MP  

yakaspat

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2004, 01:30:43 am »
Thanks  ModelsPlease!!!

If anyone else wants it (it's not THAT great ) please please send me an email with ROMMIE SHUTTLE in the subject line (so I don't delete it....darn spam).

yakaspat@hotmail.com

-Lance

ModelsPlease

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2004, 02:25:40 am »
Quote:

Thanks  ModelsPlease!!!

If anyone else wants it (it's not THAT great ) please please send me an email with ROMMIE SHUTTLE in the subject line (so I don't delete it....darn spam).

yakaspat@hotmail.com

-Lance  

You're quite welcome my friend

-MP