Topic: Release: TMP Chicago Refits - 4 Versions  (Read 7009 times)

Wolfsglen

Release: TMP Chicago Refits - 4 Versions
« on: April 15, 2004, 01:33:30 pm »
Credits: P-81 for certain parts and textures, and special thanks to Atrahasis for letting me use his lovely Chicago as a basis for these. Additional known credits are in the zip files, PLEASE let me know if i missed anyone out. Hosted courtesy of Starfleet Universe:

ADDITIONAL: Probable fix for missing saucer textures on both variants  HERE

First 2 Variants: HERE

Second 2 Variants: HERE

And also thanks to Mariner for giving me some great ideas to use...including some that will be kept for a future date when my Max skills improve  

The 4 variants are:

1: Standard Chicago in a TMP-style Refit
2: TMP-Style Refit with underside engine replaced by a weapons/sensor pod
3: Standard Chicago in TMP-Style Refit with Torp Launchers moved under the nose
4: Tmp Style Refit with under nose Torp Launchers and full sized underside engine to match the top 2.

Have fun, should be plenty enough variants to suit everyone   I'll be taking a break for a few days now, but dont be afraid to let me know what ya think.

PS: Shuddup about the Reliant registry   If anyone wants to release a texture set with different registries i would be very happy.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 08:46:21 am by Wolfsglen »

Kaenyne

Re: Release: TMP Chicago Refits - 4 Versions
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 01:35:28 pm »
Great stuff, Wolfsglen! These variants will certainly keep me busy. Looking forward to your Bonaventure II.

DonKarnage

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 02:42:29 pm »
Great jobs, this will help with my mod, dont stop there show us what's next

can you make a tmp of a old cl, the kentucky class ncc 522?, i got the mod if u want to see it.

anyway good job in making a tmp of that tos ship

Rogue

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 04:18:52 pm »
Just wanted to offer a thanks. I've been keeping tabs on this model and am glad to be able to add it to the ever expanding vessal library. Good looking starship.  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 05:03:32 pm »
Great ships sir ,but when I d/l the first 2 and looked at it in my mod viewer,the top saucer texture is missing.It's all white.So I d/l'ed it again and same results.  
-MP  

Wolfsglen

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 05:08:34 pm »
Hmm weird, it was fine when i uploaded it, will check now and post a fix if need be.

EDIT: Ok i just downloaded it and it displays fine in-game and in model viewer   Can anyone else have a try and let us know if you have the same problem?

EDIT2: Ok i just realised that one of the top textures is 507x512 for some stupid reason, and although it displays fine in-game and in modviewer for me, it could well be the cause of it for you, so as a temp fix, try  changing the TOP2.BMP to 512x512 and seeing if that cures it.

EDIT3: And thank you for the kind words guys, is always appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 05:42:47 pm by Wolfsglen »

DonKarnage

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 10:09:08 pm »
the 4 mods have the same problem, the map on the top of the saucer is missing, but in mod c and d for the break model there a little piece of the map showing, anyway good model

Rod O'neal

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 01:38:51 am »
I only DL'd the 2nd set with the forward torp tubes, but all of the textures appear to be there (I did resize the one texture that wasn't square). I also removed the bottom warp engine and pylon to get a free F-NCL model out of the deal.

Dizzy

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 02:00:17 am »
I wonder if FS will rework his 3.2 list update (if there is one) so as to include using this model in place of the miranda folder that is over representative of too many ships in the fed list.

Would be nice to see more ship options than the folders we are limited to for the fed cl types in opplus.

Wolfsglen

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 04:49:59 am »
Well this is a weird one   Anyone got any ideas why the textures dont show for some? They are perfect for me, and i even got my Missus to download it, and it displays fine in ModViewer for her too on a completely different puter...

Dont suppose you guys use a particular kind of graphics card? Everyone i know with an nvidia based one has no probs at all, and i cant see why its messing up for some people.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Wolfsglen »

DonKarnage

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2004, 06:40:38 am »
its a mistery question , my video card is part of the mother board.

starforce2

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2004, 07:50:28 am »
Rod, u releasing the 2 nacelled version?  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2004, 07:51:35 am »
I don't know how to change the texture size.Could you just post the resized Top2.BMP or send it to me please.Thanks again for the great ships !

-MP

ModelsPlease@aol.com  

starforce2

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2004, 08:01:24 am »
Quote:

I don't know how to change the texture size.Could you just post the resized Top2.BMP or send it to me please.Thanks again for the great ships !

-MP

ModelsPlease@aol.com    

Most photo editing programs can do it, even paint. Try searching through the  menu's for a resize option. Change the dimentions to 512/512 or something and your set.

ModelsPlease

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2004, 08:05:58 am »
Quote:

Quote:

-MP

ModelsPlease@aol.com    

Most photo editing programs can do it, even paint. Try searching through the  menu's for a resize option. Change the dimentions to 512/512 or something and your set.  

Ok I'll give it a try.  

Update: WOW I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.Thanks sir,I found the resize option,did it and it worked.Model fixed.See you can learn something new everyday.I know i just did

-MP

Update 2:I actually fixed 2 more ships I had texture problems with.Thanks again Starforce 2 for that little bit of info.On another note I have a two more ships with texture problems that I am sure I am no match to take on. 1)  It's a 4 Narcelle hybrid of a Gal / Amb / and Excel stylings. 2) An Aero_Class Fed Fighter/Shuttle . I'm sure it's a matter of texture sizing or something like that.Anyone want to attemp the repair ? Then we can all enjoy another 2  ships in the SFC universe.

-MP
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 08:48:20 am by ModelsPlease »

Wolfsglen

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2004, 08:14:42 am »
So ya guys reckon its due to that oddly shaped texture that it didnt show up? If so, i will post the properly-sized texture up at SFU as a fix for others.

Let me know, and thank you guys  

Hehe and well done MP, its always worth having a tweak and try, its how i learnt to 'bash in Max

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Wolfsglen »

Rod O'neal

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2004, 08:19:53 am »
I'm using an ATI card and I'm not having any troubles. I'm confused as well? I hope that someone can figure it out.

SF2, I wasn't planning on releasing it. If you (or anyone else) want it, let me know.  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2004, 08:39:40 am »
Quote:

I'm using an ATI card and I'm not having any troubles. I'm confused as well? I hope that someone can figure it out.

SF2, I wasn't planning on releasing it. If you (or anyone else) want it, let me know.    

I can't speak for everyone else but I know I would like it if you are offering to share it.

-MP

ModelsPlease@aol.com  

Chrystoff

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2004, 08:49:49 am »
Quote:

I only DL'd the 2nd set with the forward torp tubes, but all of the textures appear to be there (I did resize the one texture that wasn't square). I also removed the bottom warp engine and pylon to get a free F-NCL model out of the deal.

Boy, this 2 engine version is very cool, too.  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2004, 10:47:25 am »
Models Please,
I sent you an PM with a link to the model.