Topic: Taldren MOD Viewer Display Size ???  (Read 1270 times)

yakaspat

Taldren MOD Viewer Display Size ???
« on: April 17, 2004, 08:34:01 pm »
Is there  a way to change the default display size of the Taldren MOD Viewer window?  I use a laptop, and the display window is little-iddy-bitty.  Can you change the window to like 1024x768 or something?  

Thanks,

Lance

MajorRacal

Re: Taldren MOD Viewer Display Size ???
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 09:41:43 pm »
Not that I'm aware of - it's s struggle for me to see even on a 17" screen ... perhaps I  need new glasses?  

yakaspat

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 09:50:39 pm »
Quote:

Not that I'm aware of - it's s struggle for me to see even on a 17" screen ... perhaps I  need new glasses?  

If you do, so do I...it is very small.   There must be a command line modification to the .exe that would make the box bigger???  *sigh*

-Lance  

Qob'nuH

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 12:18:50 pm »
Not only would it be nice to have a bigger window, it would be nice to be able to select a different background color.
And while we're wishing....a way to prevent it from generating those damn "above8bittextures" files. Who cares anyway?
I have deleteted hundreds of these absolutely unnecessary files.  

Bonk

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004, 12:35:08 pm »
A resizable window would make it considerably slower. I suggest you temporarily reduce your screen resolution to 800x600 while using it (ideally on a second monitor), then the window will nearly fill the screen if you really need to see the window larger. Alternatively, use Matrox DeskNav or similar desktop magnification utilities (windows built in magnifier is rather unweildy).

I imagine that part of the problem is a lot of you are running at 1280x1024 or higher, I find the modelviewer adequate at my standard resolution of 1024x768. For me the limiting factor is monitor refresh rate, I look for the maximum resolution that still supports 80hz or greater refresh, I'll subject my eyes to nothing less. If you are looking at 60Hz I feel for you - I can actually feel my eye refocus at that frequency, it is most uncomfortable and can't be good for you. Maybe I'm just getting old and need bifocals or something though! What bugs me about the modelviewer is the error on exit in XP.

edit: I love the disclaimer in the text file:

Quote:

Because it is an internal tool, we do not guarantee its compatability with your computer system.  It works fine everywhere we've used it.  That's about all we know.  We have no reason to believe that running this software will transmogrify your computer into a Vic20.  If it does, however, it's not our fault (though it's sure interesting).  Basically, use at your own risk.

Keep arms and legs inside of Model Viewer at all times.  

« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 12:38:44 pm by Bonk »

Qob'nuH

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2004, 05:11:04 pm »
Right click on mod viewer .exe and select properties.Go to the compatibility tab. Run windows '98 compatibility. Should stop the crashes in XP.....it did for me.  

yakaspat

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004, 06:12:19 pm »
Strange, mine works fine in XP.....

Where is this windows magnification tool?  I'm unfamiliar with it.

I'll try the 800x600 trick....but my monitor looks really weird at that resolution.  I normally run at 1600x1200....good eyes, I guess.  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 09:14:35 pm »
Quote:

Right click on mod viewer .exe and select properties.Go to the compatibility tab. Run windows '98 compatibility. Should stop the crashes in XP.....it did for me.    

Thanks for the fix. It worked for me.  

Praxis

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2004, 10:24:03 pm »
Quote:

Because it is an internal tool, we do not guarantee its compatability with your computer system.  It works fine everywhere we've used it.  

Oooh!  Ooh!  Will it work on my Mac?

(Just kidding...couldn't resist )