Topic: Is Friday a holiday for you guys and gals?  (Read 4287 times)

Capt. Mike

Re: Is Friday a holiday for you guys and gals?
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2004, 04:51:14 pm »
I do know in Florida it is a holiday, as some Gov't contractor freinds get it off as part of thier statement of work...but not here in NE.

Mike

digi

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2004, 04:57:23 pm »
Same here in the UK.  We also get Monday off (Easter Monday).  So I've booked Thursday and Tuesday off as well, giving me a nice 6 day holiday.

JMM

Is Friday a holiday for you guys and gals?
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2004, 01:19:01 pm »
Just wondering how many of you have Friday off, as here in Mexico they not only get Thur AND Fri off, but this week started the Mexican universities "spring break" and they get not one, but TWO weeks off. Lucky bastiches...

In case anybody is wondering why this Fri, it is something to do with Easter, I think the name of it is "Good Friday?" Hades, I dunno, I do not even know why people eat fish only on certain days, or why some people will not eat pork. MMMMMMMMMM, I miss Texas barbecue baby back pork ribs!  

Rat_Boy

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2004, 01:22:32 pm »
When you're unemployed, everyday is a holiday!

Stormbringer

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2004, 01:23:51 pm »
When you are  *retired* every day is a holiday!

Khalee

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2004, 01:24:51 pm »
Untill the money runs low and you have to take a job at walmart.

Stormbringer

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2004, 01:27:39 pm »
If I get a job at Walmart it is just so I can tell the Boss he's fired in cruel and imaginitive ways!  

GE-Raven

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2004, 01:34:06 pm »
I work for a Presby University so yes I do get Good Friday as a day off.  Nice perk.

In answer to your question Jack,  Good Friday is called that because it was the day in which Jesus was Crucified.  Good used to be synonymous with Holy.

GE-Raven

Stormbringer

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2004, 01:43:48 pm »
Even better wait until theres a crowd in a burger shack and then tell the boss loudly in front of every one that he really should wash his hands after picking his nose and after using the bathroom. We don't want anymore of those e coli events happening at this site. That he should occasionally brush his funky grill and informing him that at least some of the burgers are for the customers.

Rat_Boy

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2004, 01:50:16 pm »
Quote:

When you are  *retired* every day is a holiday!  

Better excuse.  Might explain why I'm trying to buy a Mustang.

JMM

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2004, 01:56:53 pm »
Storm, you are more evil than I can be at times!  

Glad you posted, I put that planer on top of my luggage so I do not forget. I fly out of E.P. on Sat. Like I said, no promises on the workbench, me and mom really do not see eye to eye. She is all about money and I'm definitely not that type.

Not to change the thread but I'll give ya an example. Mom and stepdad have a 92 Camry, it is 99 and as you know I was in auto tech school, so I repaired all of the family's vehicles for nothing, just the costs of parts. My stepdad (God rest his good soul) told me one day, I'm going to buy a new car and we were thinking you and Leda can have the Camry. Needless to say I was ecstatic as I was driving the 86 Toyota P/U at the time. Great truck, 22R 4 banger, great shape, but for a college boy DEFINITELY NOT a Camry!  

Stepdad wants to give it to me (market value about 5k), but mom? Hades no! She wants it SOLD to me!   My mouth dropped when she told me that, and I reminded her that Poppy was going to give me the car for my generosity with ALL members of the family. She did not care, she swore to my stepdad that the car would be SOLD to me.

Needless to say, they were in an accident a month before I was to get the title and they bought their new baby.   It all worked out though as Poppy got me a nice shiny Camry XLE!   Much better than the LE in comfort, though I will never purchase another Camry with a 6 cyl, those things have no room to work in and they are a beech. The 4 cyl? You can almost sit in the engine compartment, and the fuel economy is awesome.

If I do manage to get my grubby hands on it, do not worry about shipping, I'm due in N. Texas anyways.

Capt. Mike

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2004, 04:51:14 pm »
I do know in Florida it is a holiday, as some Gov't contractor freinds get it off as part of thier statement of work...but not here in NE.

Mike

digi

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2004, 04:57:23 pm »
Same here in the UK.  We also get Monday off (Easter Monday).  So I've booked Thursday and Tuesday off as well, giving me a nice 6 day holiday.