Topic: Enterprise not dead yet  (Read 1447 times)

Javora

Enterprise not dead yet
« on: April 07, 2004, 10:07:01 am »
Quote:

'Star Trek: Enterprise' To Get 12-Ep Renewal

Author: Michael Hinman
Date: 03-30-2004
Source: SyFy Portal

UPN is not pulling the plug on "Star Trek: Enterprise" yet.

Two sources have told SyFy Portal that UPN has decided to give the Star Trek spinoff series an initial 12-episode commitment for a fourth season, which could be renewed to a full 24 episodes. The network cited steady ratings against healthy competition for the decision.

Star Trek has been a mainstay for UPN during its near 10-year existence, beginning with "Star Trek: Voyager" in 1995 through the current third season of "Enterprise." The fifth series, however, has struggled in the ratings over the last few years, but did see some minor improvement with the new Xindi arc that began this year.

Two things that have hurt "Enterprise" this season has been the continued strong success of "American Idol" on Fox as well as the moving of "Smallville" to the same timeslot on main competitor The WB. While "Enterprise" may not receive its full season order as in previous seasons, the move does show that the people at Paramount and UPN are confident they can still continue with "Enterprise."

It's unclear whether or not executive producers and co-creators Brannon Braga and Rick Berman will continue to helm the series, however. An announcement to the fate of "Enterprise" is expected within the next two weeks.

Found this little tid bit from another forum and thought you all would like a read.  Now if the show could just get a good story ark or if Berman and Braga could just find a clue...

Sirgod

Re: Enterprise not dead yet
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 10:24:24 am »
Well, I'm glad to hear this , That's for sure, But It would Be nice to get some Good Story Arcs in there.

and No Time Travel, I had enough of that With Sam Beckett, and It was a far better show.

stephen

Clark Kent

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 11:36:43 am »
Quote:

Well, I'm glad to hear this , That's for sure, But It would Be nice to get some Good Story Arcs in there.

and No Time Travel, I had enough of that With Sam Beckett, and It was a far better show.

stephen  

I still tune in every so often to see the begginning of the show, hoping he'll say "Oh boy..."

CK

P.S.  I like Latinas....

Javora

Enterprise not dead yet
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 10:07:01 am »
Quote:

Two sources have told SyFy Portal that UPN has decided to give the Star Trek spinoff series an initial 12-episode commitment for a fourth season, which could be renewed to a full 24 episodes. The network cited steady ratings against healthy competition for the decision.

Star Trek has been a mainstay for UPN during its near 10-year existence, beginning with "Star Trek: Voyager" in 1995 through the current third season of "Enterprise." The fifth series, however, has struggled in the ratings over the last few years, but did see some minor improvement with the new Xindi arc that began this year.

Two things that have hurt "Enterprise" this season has been the continued strong success of "American Idol" on Fox as well as the moving of "Smallville" to the same timeslot on main competitor The WB. While "Enterprise" may not receive its full season order as in previous seasons, the move does show that the people at Paramount and UPN are confident they can still continue with "Enterprise."

It's unclear whether or not executive producers and co-creators Brannon Braga and Rick Berman will continue to helm the series, however. An announcement to the fate of "Enterprise" is expected within the next two weeks.

Found this little tid bit from another forum and thought you all would like a read.  Now if the show could just get a good story ark or if Berman and Braga could just find a clue...

Sirgod

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 10:24:24 am »

stephen

Clark Kent

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 11:36:43 am »
Quote:

stephen  

I still tune in every so often to see the begginning of the show, hoping he'll say "Oh boy..."

CK

P.S.  I like Latinas....

Javora

Enterprise not dead yet
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 10:07:01 am »
Quote:

Sirgod

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2004, 10:24:24 am »

stephen

Clark Kent

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2004, 11:36:43 am »
Quote:

stephen  

CK

P.S.  I like Latinas....