Topic: Barabbas the Miracle Worker!  (Read 2408 times)

Hstaphath_XC

Barabbas the Miracle Worker!
« on: April 06, 2004, 12:32:26 pm »
As a few of you may know, I've been grumbling about problems I'd been having with my monitor for the last 6 months or so.

Yesterday, Barabbas gave me an old 17" monitor that is nothing short of being absolutely wonderful!

The immediate difference is just mind blowing.  I hadn't really realized just how dark my old monitor had gone as well.

The sight of hellbores and fusion beams hitting Klingon hulls is simply glorious once more.  In fact, last night was the first time I've ever been able to visually appriciate Firesoul's w/models mod in all it's wonderous beauty.  There are some amazing models in that mod and I've been missing out!

I hope my very heartfelt thanks, Alan, will in some way convey my appreciation of this gift.  You saved us almost $100 that my family just can't afford to spend right now.

I also apologize if I seemed a bit "out of it" when I stopped by.  I was getting over a migraine and had to let my wife drive me over there since I lose my depth perception and center of balance while I have one going.  Not that I would have looked out of place driving in Jersey, mind you, but my wife seems to have a problem with me driving in that condition.  

Oh yeah, the old monitor is a Teramars.  I should be able to run it over to you on the 19th.

Sirgod

Re: Barabbas the Miracle Worker!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 12:33:58 pm »
Fantastic News. WTG Barrabas.  

Stephen

Barabbas

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 03:14:56 pm »

Stopit!  You're making me blush!    

Don't go making a special trip for the broken monitor.... I'd just like to play with it and see if I can bring it back to life.

You can make it up to me someday by teaching me how to deal with Klink dronewagons in Hydran ships....  I like to fly fartbreather every now and then, but those drone waves just clobber me every time!

Hstaphath_XC

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 02:14:35 pm »
Hehe... well, if you want some tips on flying Hydran and actually "winning" you are probably going to want to go hit up 762 or Ferret.

My combat role in any campaign, and one I have come to embrace, can best be described as "comedic relief."  

Seriously, against Klink drone chuckers, I tend to "hellbore dance" by maintaining high speed while using hellbores at the range 14/15 break to wear those thin shields down.  Once the rear shield goes, it's just a matter of time.  

Keeping your distance and maintaining speed will negate his drones.  If the drones run out, then you can toy with the idea of an overload run on a weak shield to speed things up.

JMM

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 02:52:28 pm »
I remember when someone else needed a monitor, and some of us offered to either donate or pitch in. Even with us in disagreements at times, it's nice to know that we eventually stick together.

Thumbs up all the way Big B!    

Sirgod

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 07:23:44 pm »
Quote:

I remember when someone else needed a monitor, and some of us offered to either donate or pitch in. Even with us in disagreements at times, it's nice to know that we eventually stick together.

exactly Jack, Hell You've helped me out in the past, as has Barrabas. Both of you deserve good Samaritan awards IMHO.

stephen

Hstaphath_XC

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2004, 12:32:26 pm »
As a few of you may know, I've been grumbling about problems I'd been having with my monitor for the last 6 months or so.

Yesterday, Barabbas gave me an old 17" monitor that is nothing short of being absolutely wonderful!

The immediate difference is just mind blowing.  I hadn't really realized just how dark my old monitor had gone as well.

The sight of hellbores and fusion beams hitting Klingon hulls is simply glorious once more.  In fact, last night was the first time I've ever been able to visually appriciate Firesoul's w/models mod in all it's wonderous beauty.  There are some amazing models in that mod and I've been missing out!

I hope my very heartfelt thanks, Alan, will in some way convey my appreciation of this gift.  You saved us almost $100 that my family just can't afford to spend right now.

I also apologize if I seemed a bit "out of it" when I stopped by.  I was getting over a migraine and had to let my wife drive me over there since I lose my depth perception and center of balance while I have one going.  Not that I would have looked out of place driving in Jersey, mind you, but my wife seems to have a problem with me driving in that condition.  

Oh yeah, the old monitor is a Teramars.  I should be able to run it over to you on the 19th.

Sirgod

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2004, 12:33:58 pm »

Stephen

Barabbas

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2004, 03:14:56 pm »

Don't go making a special trip for the broken monitor.... I'd just like to play with it and see if I can bring it back to life.

You can make it up to me someday by teaching me how to deal with Klink dronewagons in Hydran ships....  I like to fly fartbreather every now and then, but those drone waves just clobber me every time!

Hstaphath_XC

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2004, 02:14:35 pm »
Hehe... well, if you want some tips on flying Hydran and actually "winning" you are probably going to want to go hit up 762 or Ferret.

My combat role in any campaign, and one I have come to embrace, can best be described as "comedic relief."  

Seriously, against Klink drone chuckers, I tend to "hellbore dance" by maintaining high speed while using hellbores at the range 14/15 break to wear those thin shields down.  Once the rear shield goes, it's just a matter of time.  

Keeping your distance and maintaining speed will negate his drones.  If the drones run out, then you can toy with the idea of an overload run on a weak shield to speed things up.

JMM

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2004, 02:52:28 pm »

Sirgod

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2004, 07:23:44 pm »
Quote:

exactly Jack, Hell You've helped me out in the past, as has Barrabas. Both of you deserve good Samaritan awards IMHO.

stephen

Hstaphath_XC

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2004, 12:32:26 pm »

Sirgod

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2004, 12:33:58 pm »

Stephen

Barabbas

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2004, 03:14:56 pm »

Hstaphath_XC

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2004, 02:14:35 pm »

JMM

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2004, 02:52:28 pm »

Sirgod

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2004, 07:23:44 pm »
Quote:

stephen