Topic: A release.. what a big surprise.. retextured mystery ship is finished.  (Read 2547 times)

atheorhaven

Okay, now that I finished it, I'm going to reveal the identity of the ship with an earlier pic first so that you can see where it's coming from:

This is p81's Yorktown Class Dreadnaught, being (originally) retextured for ModelsPlease.  Asked him to make this a general release, and so now it is.    I've renamed it after Lord Bile because the name fit.

And now that you've seen where it was, now you can see where it went.  

I not only added in the new secondary hull, but added new nacelles as well, and a new neck.. think about the only thing left that's really stock now is the saucer and dual torpedo launchers, and they've both been retextured as well.  

So one more thing.. a download link.
http://www.the-tcs.net/_hosted/atheorhaven/html/userfiles/ships/trek/sfc2/StrongFDN_sfc2.zip

And there you go.. one down.  

ActiveX

Very nice...

Dizzy

That is super freaking cool.

May I request a kitbash?

I need a good CFS. If the model lost the 2x lower warp nacelles, that would do it! Is that possible? Consider it a personal request. I have naked pictures of Die Hards 21yr old sister as an exchange offer...

sandman69247

Holy crap, Alec, that's just plain gorgeous!!  

Rogue NineCH

Beautiful ship, I do have one suggestion.  Instead of using the curved shuttlebay texture on top of the saucer.  How about using the ones from the Miranda?  I think it would blend in a little better.

ModelsPlease

WOW that's is truly a work of art sir !!!!! I hope everyone in the community enjoys her,as much as I will .What an amazing talent you are sir.Thank you so much for sharing it.The WIP pics you sent me and the descriptions DID NOT do this justice.As for that "MISTAKE/DISCOVERY" you mentioned ................Please make more of them.Amazing,Amazing Amazing !!!!!!!!

-MP  
« Last Edit: April 04, 2004, 07:08:46 am by ModelsPlease »

atheorhaven

I could do that... even potentially without the naked pictures. Wait a minute though.. is she an anime character?  If she is, maybe I'll just grab them anyways..

Should only take a few minutes to remove the lower nacelles.. but it'll be late tonight before that can be done..

atheorhaven

Normally I would've Rogue.. except I was following the original textures as a basis for this.  And on the original textures, p81 used that curved hanger texture.  So I did likewise.  Does look weird, but I was following the original because this is an update on it.  :/

Anyways, have to get to work.. ttu guys later..

Ravok

She is very beautiful. I really like how you shielded the warp nacelles.  

ModelsPlease

Quote:

Beautiful ship, I do have one suggestion.  Instead of using the curved shuttlebay texture on top of the saucer.  How about using the ones from the Miranda?  I think it would blend in a little better.  

I noticed that too.It would look better with the Miranda styling.You have a good point there sir.
-MP  

Bernard Guignard

Re: A release.. what a big surprise.. retextured mystery ship is finished.
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2004, 06:50:10 am »
Very nice Alex.    

ModelsPlease

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2004, 07:02:44 am »
Quote:

That is super freaking cool.

May I request a kitbash?

I need a good CFS. If the model lost the 2x lower warp nacelles, that would do it! Is that possible? Consider it a personal request. I have naked pictures of Die Hards 21yr old sister as an exchange offer...  

You may have no need for a kitbash,I have another ship, that would serve perfectly in that capacity sir,As well as another unusual carrier design,both of which have armor platting  protecting the Narcelles like the ship in this forum,and both done by P81.But again these are older models and could do with a facelift (shameless hint to the master texturer Atheorhaven)   But I can send them to you if you wish. Do you prefer ZIP or rar. format ?  
« Last Edit: April 04, 2004, 07:55:32 am by ModelsPlease »

Marauth

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 08:15:31 am »
Quote:

Those are P81's nacelles from the Akyazi class perimeter action ship, they are LN-90 nacelles and the 'armour' is actually what are reffered to as 'warp field reflectors' - apparently, that's what it says on the blueprints.

atheorhaven

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2004, 09:43:25 am »
Quote:

Wasn't me, you can thank p81 for that.  

When I was updating the saucer, I also remembered that p81 had updated these engines a little bit as well with later ships.  I scrounged, found a ship that had them (in this case, Mackie's Behemoth kitbash that I converted over), and popped the engines off it and onto this mesh.  That way, I didn't have to totally redo the engines as well, just put in the updated ones.

Sneaky aren't I?  (grin)

Also, updated the pylons in a similar fashion by pulling off ones from the FCA, matching their lines more to the original XCA, and then deleting the XCA ones.

But just to mention it, if everyone wants to see the Miranda doors, I have no objections with doing that, but they use a single texture there (reversed on one side) so there'll be no numbers on the doors.  (My preference anyways).  I can also have that done later on tonight and just post a link to the updaed texture for download in this link, along with a picture of what the changes look like.

atheorhaven

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2004, 09:45:18 am »
Will definitely do that, it adds a lot to the illumination maps, as you can see on this ship.  So that'll be my new standard method of generating illumination maps, as of now..

olbuzzard

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2004, 12:55:56 pm »
Excellent job..   good detail ..   great terxtures

NannerSlug

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2004, 03:01:17 pm »
finally came up! nice. incredible!

Dizzy

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2004, 05:19:01 pm »
.rar or zip is fine! I'll be excited to see what you have!.

Email is in my bio. Thx!

ModelsPlease

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2004, 04:29:14 am »
Quote:

.rar or zip is fine! I'll be excited to see what you have!.

Email is in my bio. Thx!  

You're quite welcome.The ships are on thier way sir. The Trafalgar is the FSC and the Thurfir can be used as a carrier. You'll see why I think that when you open her up.Remember they are older models but cool none the less.I also have 2 of his FBB's though one is better suited for carrier work I believe,and p81's Star Empire Dn.
Enjoy !!!
-MP

Rod O'neal

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2004, 05:32:04 pm »
Very nice looking ship, man. I resized it and redid the HP's, and DP's and it makes a pretty sweet F-BB. I just need to get someone to do a BRK.MOD for it and it'll be complete in my game. The polies aren't bad at all (4105) for a quad-nacelle design, especially one that looks this good. Thanks a lot. I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of the ships that you are working on.