Topic: Dell P/Cs can really suck sometimes  (Read 950 times)

JMM

Dell P/Cs can really suck sometimes
« on: April 04, 2004, 12:32:46 pm »
Sethan, looked at the memory you told me I would need, wow! I'm not paying almost 200 bucks to get it maxed out at 512Mb...  That is 1/5 of the cost of a new P4 from Sony (They actually have clearance sales on older model P4s  ), or another reputable company. Better to wait and save for a new one. On top of that, The driver is SB 16 PCI, but the card is NOT Soundblaster, so I'm looking at Best Buy webpage, and it's 30 dollars! The newer ones with 5.1 Surround? 50 dollars, hmmmmm, now what would an intelligent person do? They would pay the extra 20 for a newer version of course!  

Thank God that we live in the age of CD-R...  

JMM

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 12:32:46 pm »
Sethan, looked at the memory you told me I would need, wow! I'm not paying almost 200 bucks to get it maxed out at 512Mb...  That is 1/5 of the cost of a new P4 from Sony (They actually have clearance sales on older model P4s  ), or another reputable company. Better to wait and save for a new one. On top of that, The driver is SB 16 PCI, but the card is NOT Soundblaster, so I'm looking at Best Buy webpage, and it's 30 dollars! The newer ones with 5.1 Surround? 50 dollars, hmmmmm, now what would an intelligent person do? They would pay the extra 20 for a newer version of course!  

JMM

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 12:32:46 pm »