Topic: TNG Stars Say It's Over, but Kirk eiger to appear on Enterprise!  (Read 9802 times)

FFZ

Re: TNG Stars Say It's Over, but Kirk eiger to appear on Enterprise!
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2004, 11:38:17 am »
  How can Kirk do it, being dead since 'generations?'  

Capt_Spade

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2004, 12:38:43 pm »
Come on FFZ it Star Trek, they have gone back in time to repopulate the humpback whale species using a rusty ol' BOP. I would think if they could do that, they could bring Kirk back.  

FFZ

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2004, 01:22:45 pm »
  Sure, but I'd like to see Kirk be brought back before Spock is again killed off!  

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2004, 02:58:29 pm »
   BSG can't beat Andromeda though and that is a Roddenberry production I think Majel is over seeing it but BSG can't beat.I saw the pilot 3 weekend ago and thoght where is Lorne Green and the rest.The Gallactica looks different to as well oh well I still like Andromeda better but both are made in my home town in HollyWood North  

Blyre

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2004, 09:33:55 pm »
Quote:

I believe that Stephen is referring to one of the Star Trek novels, which are different animals than the shows or movies. In fact, Kirk was brought back in the novel "The Return" many years ago.

Wallace

Sirgod

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2004, 12:14:28 am »
Quote:

Quote:

I believe that Stephen is referring to one of the Star Trek novels, which are different animals than the shows or movies. In fact, Kirk was brought back in the novel "The Return" many years ago.

Wallace

Thanks Blyre, That was Exactly My thoughts.

I was referring to Shatner, and Garfield Stephens also IN those same Novels.

respectfully They follow as ,

The Ashes Of Eden
The Return
Avenger
These three Involve Kirks Return to Life after Being lost in Generations, And A love Intrest Just Prior to His Being lost.

Spectre
Dark Victory
Preserver

This Deals with His New son,And The Mirror Universe, The best of the series so far.

Captains Peril
Captains Blood. Kirks Continuing Relationship with Picard and Crew. The first one Was so so, But I'm waiting to see how He saves the Universe in the Blood.

Sorry for the confusion, and Even though he has Ghost Writers, I believe he could have some Good ideas In the Direction that Enterprise is going.

thanks again Blyre.

Stephen

FFZ

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2004, 12:07:11 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wallace

Thanks Blyre, That was Exactly My thoughts.

I was referring to Shatner, and Garfield Stephens also IN those same Novels.

respectfully They follow as ,

The Ashes Of Eden
The Return
Avenger
These three Involve Kirks Return to Life after Being lost in Generations, And A love Intrest Just Prior to His Being lost.

Spectre
Dark Victory
Preserver

This Deals with His New son,And The Mirror Universe, The best of the series so far.

Captains Peril
Captains Blood. Kirks Continuing Relationship with Picard and Crew. The first one Was so so, But I'm waiting to see how He saves the Universe in the Blood.

Sorry for the confusion, and Even though he has Ghost Writers, I believe he could have some Good ideas In the Direction that Enterprise is going.

thanks again Blyre.

Stephen

Thanks for the info, didn't know they brought him back in the novels!

I haven't read a Trek novel in about a decade (marrigae, then a family seemed to cut into my 'mad money' and time it seems!), looks like it's time to hit the used book stores!

Sirgod

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2004, 12:51:55 pm »
Anytime FFZ, Like I said It's a pretty good series IMHO.

Stephen

FFZ

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2004, 01:37:27 pm »
 It sounds excellent.

The last Trek novel I read that was 'new' was "Best Destiny," which shows how far behind I am with this.

I really used to enjoy the Kirk era novels, they where the only way to fill in all the so-called 'lost time" when TOS was canceled and TNG had yet to be born, and we only had one movie every two or three years.

Sirgod

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2004, 07:06:37 pm »
Quote:

It sounds excellent.

The last Trek novel I read that was 'new' was "Best Destiny," which shows how far behind I am with this.

I really used to enjoy the Kirk era novels, they where the only way to fill in all the so-called 'lost time" when TOS was canceled and TNG had yet to be born, and we only had one movie every two or three years.

That's actually one of my Favorite ST books, But then Again, I always liked The idea Of Good ole, George, and Capt. April taking on the Universe.

Stephen

E_Look

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2004, 07:14:26 pm »
I have no idea what you guys are talking about; the last Trek novel I read was "Spock Must Die".  

Sirgod

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2004, 07:27:35 pm »
Quote:

I have no idea what you guys are talking about; the last Trek novel I read was "Spock Must Die".  

Man the good old James Blish days. Ok, I know Blish didn't write that one, But It's about the same time he did the novelizations For ST episodes. Dang I've been reading those books for almost 30 years now. No wonder I can't quote Kantz.  

Stephen

FFZ

TNG Stars Say It's Over, but Kirk eiger to appear on Enterprise!
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2004, 01:02:58 pm »
http://www.trektoday.com/news/310304_03.shtml

Everything about Nemesis seems to be a disaster it seems. It doesn't surprise me they won't make another, as good as TNG was, it never had the appeal to me of Kirk and company.

The Shatner proposal is more interesting, hopefully, it will happen, as the latest rumor is Enterprise will be picked up for at least 12 episodes next year.

Sirgod

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2004, 01:19:01 pm »
I had read about this earlier today. I like the way Shatner Thinks, and Even though he has had Ghost writers for his books, they are very good reads all the same.

I know I would Watch kirk on enterprise any day of the week It chose to air.

Stephen

FFZ

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2004, 02:30:12 pm »
 UPN has been looking for a ratings hit for years, Kirk would be it.

Shatner still has enough Trek power to boose Enterprise out of last, at least for a few weeks.

Karnak

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2004, 02:36:10 pm »
If Enterprise had DS9's/First Contact Movie writing staff with the likes Ronald Moore on board then the series most probably would not be in cancellation trouble.   Instead Paramount went with the Voyager writing staff with Brannon Braga.  Now, Ronald Moore and the old DS9 special effects dept. is in competition with Enterprise with the promising re-imagined BSG series.  Personally, BSG has replaced Enterprise as the series for me to watch.  Too bad, I really liked TNG and DS9, kinda tolerated Voyager.  But, Enterprise cannot lay a glove on the old B5 series (I missed most of the first-run Voyager shows cuz I liked B5 better. Only saw Voyager when B5 ended), and probably can't touch the new BSG series.  BSG and Enterprise will  probably compete in this January 2005's network line-ups.  That's assuming Enterprise makes it to the January 2005 show lineup of UPN.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Karnak »

Khalee

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2004, 02:37:22 pm »
Makes one wonder what about the Activison deal then, as I recall part of the thing was if Paramount kept makeing star trek movies, Activision would make and fund games based on them

FFZ

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2004, 02:38:43 pm »
  Still only rumors on Enterprise's fate.

B-5 blew Voyager away, wasn't even close.

« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2004, 03:18:28 pm »
Quote:

If Enterprise had DS9's/First Contact Movie writing staff with the likes Ronald Moore on board then the series most probably would not be in cancellation trouble.   Instead Paramount went with the Voyager writing staff with Brannon Braga.  Now, Ronald Moore and the old DS9 special effects dept. is in competition with Enterprise with the promising re-imagined BSG series.  Personally, BSG has replaced Enterprise as the series for me to watch.  Too bad, I really liked TNG and DS9, kinda tolerated Voyager.  But, Enterprise cannot lay a glove on the old B5 series (I missed most of the first-run Voyager shows cuz I liked B5 better. Only saw Voyager when B5 ended), and probably can't touch the new BSG series.  BSG and Enterprise will  probably compete in this January 2005's network line-ups.  That's assuming Enterprise makes it to the January 2005 show lineup of UPN.  

Do you mean Battle Star Gallactica the newer version with Edward Elmos and Starbuck as a female?  

Captain Krenn

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2004, 04:17:46 pm »
If Kirk gets on the NX-01, T'paul and Hoshi better head for the hills.

Kirk'll be putting the moves on 'em before he full materializes....

Kirk: So, where are you two lovely ladies from?

T'Paul/Hoshi: AIEEEEE!!!!