Topic: TNG Stars Say It's Over, but Kirk eiger to appear on Enterprise!  (Read 9801 times)

FFZ

http://www.trektoday.com/news/310304_03.shtml

Everything about Nemesis seems to be a disaster it seems. It doesn't surprise me they won't make another, as good as TNG was, it never had the appeal to me of Kirk and company.

The Shatner proposal is more interesting, hopefully, it will happen, as the latest rumor is Enterprise will be picked up for at least 12 episodes next year.

Sirgod

Re: TNG Stars Say It's Over, but Kirk eiger to appear on Enterprise!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 01:19:01 pm »
I had read about this earlier today. I like the way Shatner Thinks, and Even though he has had Ghost writers for his books, they are very good reads all the same.

I know I would Watch kirk on enterprise any day of the week It chose to air.

Stephen

FFZ

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 02:30:12 pm »
 UPN has been looking for a ratings hit for years, Kirk would be it.

Shatner still has enough Trek power to boose Enterprise out of last, at least for a few weeks.

Karnak

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 02:36:10 pm »
If Enterprise had DS9's/First Contact Movie writing staff with the likes Ronald Moore on board then the series most probably would not be in cancellation trouble.   Instead Paramount went with the Voyager writing staff with Brannon Braga.  Now, Ronald Moore and the old DS9 special effects dept. is in competition with Enterprise with the promising re-imagined BSG series.  Personally, BSG has replaced Enterprise as the series for me to watch.  Too bad, I really liked TNG and DS9, kinda tolerated Voyager.  But, Enterprise cannot lay a glove on the old B5 series (I missed most of the first-run Voyager shows cuz I liked B5 better. Only saw Voyager when B5 ended), and probably can't touch the new BSG series.  BSG and Enterprise will  probably compete in this January 2005's network line-ups.  That's assuming Enterprise makes it to the January 2005 show lineup of UPN.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Karnak »

Khalee

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 02:37:22 pm »
Makes one wonder what about the Activison deal then, as I recall part of the thing was if Paramount kept makeing star trek movies, Activision would make and fund games based on them

FFZ

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 02:38:43 pm »
  Still only rumors on Enterprise's fate.

B-5 blew Voyager away, wasn't even close.

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 03:18:28 pm »
Quote:

If Enterprise had DS9's/First Contact Movie writing staff with the likes Ronald Moore on board then the series most probably would not be in cancellation trouble.   Instead Paramount went with the Voyager writing staff with Brannon Braga.  Now, Ronald Moore and the old DS9 special effects dept. is in competition with Enterprise with the promising re-imagined BSG series.  Personally, BSG has replaced Enterprise as the series for me to watch.  Too bad, I really liked TNG and DS9, kinda tolerated Voyager.  But, Enterprise cannot lay a glove on the old B5 series (I missed most of the first-run Voyager shows cuz I liked B5 better. Only saw Voyager when B5 ended), and probably can't touch the new BSG series.  BSG and Enterprise will  probably compete in this January 2005's network line-ups.  That's assuming Enterprise makes it to the January 2005 show lineup of UPN.  

Do you mean Battle Star Gallactica the newer version with Edward Elmos and Starbuck as a female?  

Captain Krenn

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2004, 04:17:46 pm »
If Kirk gets on the NX-01, T'paul and Hoshi better head for the hills.

Kirk'll be putting the moves on 'em before he full materializes....

Kirk: So, where are you two lovely ladies from?

T'Paul/Hoshi: AIEEEEE!!!!

Karnak

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2004, 04:36:48 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Do you mean Battle Star Gallactica the newer version with Edward Elmos and Starbuck as a female?  

Yep, highest rated show in SciFi channel history.  

Ravok

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2004, 05:37:12 pm »
Quote:

If Kirk gets on the NX-01, T'paul and Hoshi better head for the hills.

Kirk'll be putting the moves on 'em before he full materializes....

Kirk: So, where are you two lovely ladies from?

T'Paul/Hoshi: AIEEEEE!!!!

Not to mention every person on board wearing a red shirt is going to die a sudden horrible death!  

olbuzzard

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2004, 05:38:54 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I personally don care how its rated...   YUCK !!!!

EmeraldEdge

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2004, 05:48:54 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Agreed!  

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2004, 06:23:24 pm »
   I don't get it  

ActiveX

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2004, 06:40:40 pm »
Neither do they, but they dance anyway...

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2004, 02:29:49 am »
Quote:

Neither do they, but they dance anyway...  

What I meant was I don't get the sci fi channel  

Monty

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2004, 02:53:32 am »
Quote:

Not to mention every person on board wearing a red shirt is going to die a sudden horrible death!  

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2004, 03:20:11 am »
   Don't go scarying those Extras in a Red Shirts now have some compassion for them you were one yourself  

FFZ

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2004, 09:33:58 am »
 Well, they wear blue jumpsuits, so the Red Shirts are safe for now.

Kirk isn't the ladies man anymore, the last times he put a move on a chick, she turned into him!

David Ferrell

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2004, 10:17:12 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Agreed!  

Ditto.

Highest rated Sci-Fi channel == a small fraction of those who watched the original on ABC
every week.

BTW B5 trumps everything but TOS in my book (and TOS vs. B5 would be a good
knock down drag out for me).  The writing in B5 makes the writing in modern Trek
look like a 3rd grade play.

Thanks,

Dave

Death_Merchant

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2004, 11:06:55 am »
Quote:

Highest rated Sci-Fi channel == a small fraction of those who watched the original on ABC
every week.

Quite correct.
And also a reflection of the splintering of the TV market since cable. < 10 channels (actually 4??) then vs 100+ now