Topic: Updating BPV when editing shiplist.txt  (Read 2338 times)

Pi-R

Updating BPV when editing shiplist.txt
« on: March 30, 2004, 06:41:55 am »
I hope someone can advise me on this.

I prefer Excel when updating shiplist.txt, but how to update BPV accordingly when I for example have increased the shields, changed some weapons etc?

Can I use Shipedit to do this, or does Shipedit only adjust the BPV to the changes you make in Shipedit (so not recalculating it anew).

Remus

Re: Updating BPV when editing shiplist.txt
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 10:54:49 am »
SE will recalculate it IIRC (it has been a while). You will have to make a change for it to do so though. It won't recalculate the BPV unless you make a change for that ship though. Just bump the balance up one and then back down and see if the BPV doesn't update.  

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 12:18:04 pm »
Quote:

I hope someone can advise me on this.

I prefer Excel when updating shiplist.txt, but how to update BPV accordingly when I for example have increased the shields, changed some weapons etc?

Can I use Shipedit to do this, or does Shipedit only adjust the BPV to the changes you make in Shipedit (so not recalculating it anew).  

Yes it does I am useing quite often these days and it does adjust the BPV it all depends on what you want to do with the shiplist.It is a lot easyier than using Excel aswell if you have it.If you do not have it go and get it off of Pestalence he will help you out with it.I hope this helps  

Pi-R

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 12:20:23 am »
Thanks Remus, just what I wanted to know.

Age, for changing individual ships Shipedit is great. However I like to use Excel as this offers me the possibility to view the stats of several ships in one screen and even make some updates the same on multiple ships.  

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2004, 03:03:52 am »
   Yes I know but you have to know what exact cell you are working in or on.If you don't you have to keep scolling up and down to find out aswell as side ways in shipedit you edit one and save it and then the next untill you have what you want.  

Kid Carrson

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 08:49:31 pm »
It's been years since I first installed shipedit, and I STILL use it almost EVERY WEEK.  When I was big into creating mods, I liked to use both Shipedit and Excel.  SE is so wonderfully user friendly, that even my 6 year old son is into the act with using SE.  Excel can let you look at numerous ships to keep a uniform concept.    SE is great for adjusting ships and balancing after playtesting.

I still think Shipedit is awesome.

KC