Topic: weapon colours for sfc3  (Read 2651 times)

DarkSage

weapon colours for sfc3
« on: March 14, 2004, 08:56:02 pm »
just a simple question.  which files in the sfc3/assets/textures folder are the colours for the Federation phaser beam and the Romulan disruptor beam?  I have changed alot of the other weapon colours but cant figure those 2 weapons out.

Thanks in advance

Dark-Sage  

DarkSage

Re: weapon colours for sfc3
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 10:40:02 pm »
come on, someone must know the answer. can someone please help me? please  

3dot14

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 07:06:33 pm »
sorry, I don't know.

However, it should be noted that certain phaser/beam colors are hard coded in, and cannot be changed. (I seem to remember pG2 cann't be changed in OP) Perhaps they are of that category?

DarkSage

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 09:20:05 pm »
I know at least that the phaser can be changed in sfc3, I have seen it done multiple times I just cant figure out which particular file it is.  I have not seen the Rom disruptor changed yet but I would hope that it can be done too.  

MarianoDT

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 11:37:15 am »
Quote:

just a simple question.  which files in the sfc3/assets/textures folder are the colours for the Federation phaser beam and the Romulan disruptor beam?  I have changed alot of the other weapon colours but cant figure those 2 weapons out.

Thanks in advance

Dark-Sage  

Iīm not sure exactly which are the files, but there is a mod in SFC3files.com called "NEW Weapons textures" that Iīm preety sure it changes the phaser colour. (and a lot of other textures too)
You might want to download it to see what files you can change. Or maybe ask the modder.

Hope this helps,

Mariano

DarkSage

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 11:45:16 pm »
yes I have d/led that but i was still unfortunately unable to figure out which file for it cause that mod changes all the weapon colours in game.  Thanks anyways

Also regarding your comment "Or maybe ask the modder."     I dont know any modders personally so that is why I have brought it to this modding forum, hoping a modder with the answer would respond.  I have also asked this question on the sfc3files.com forums weeks ago but no one responded there either, thats why I brought it here, hoping that this forum would be more professional and give me an answer  

MarianoDT

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2004, 11:57:36 am »
Quote:

yes I have d/led that but i was still unfortunately unable to figure out which file for it cause that mod changes all the weapon colours in game.  Thanks anyways

Also regarding your comment "Or maybe ask the modder."     I dont know any modders personally so that is why I have brought it to this modding forum, hoping a modder with the answer would respond.  I have also asked this question on the sfc3files.com forums weeks ago but no one responded there either, thats why I brought it here, hoping that this forum would be more professional and give me an answer  

What I meant is that you could ask the person who created specifically the New weapons textures mod. I just d/l again and realise that there is not a readme file included in the mod......so now I know what you havenīt asked him   ......sorry I wasnīt helpfull, if I have enough time this weekend Iīll try to find out the correct file.

If nobody respond to you maybe is because nobody knows the answer, not because they donīt want or are unpolite.
Iīve tryed several mods out there and the phaser colour is always the same. So it isnīt a common thing to change. If you figure out how to do it, please share it to us.

Thanks,

Mariano