Topic: Start your speculating! (ENT Spoilers)  (Read 3949 times)

Kaenyne

Re: Start your speculating! (ENT Spoilers)
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2004, 08:12:15 am »
Hmmm...from what little we saw (just the wall schematic and a corridor of sorts) I'm going to withhold final judgement for now.

The design on the wall looks very Federation and sorta on the skinny side. But I'm thinking that perhaps in the 26th century the Enterprise J's alloys, SIFs, etc. are much stronger than previous incarnations, allowing for less materials to be used, hence the skinny pylons and nacelles.

But maybe next week we'll see more of this ship and get a better idea what see looks like.  

Azel

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2004, 11:39:38 am »

Quote:

Hmmm...from what little we saw (just the wall schematic and a corridor of sorts) I'm going to withhold final judgement for now.

The design on the wall looks very Federation and sorta on the skinny side. But I'm thinking that perhaps in the 26th century the Enterprise J's alloys, SIFs, etc. are much stronger than previous incarnations, allowing for less materials to be used, hence the skinny pylons and nacelles.

But maybe next week we'll see more of this ship and get a better idea what see looks like.  

I say that the design is sound...but I would love to see more veiws
afterall...a hell of alot could be(or not) be going on, on the ship's ventral
Also I noticed that the ship had a feeling of immenseness to it( maybe its just me )

Anyway...
Hail to the Enterprise!!!

« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 03:54:31 pm by Azel »

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2004, 03:53:16 pm »
Was that a Prometheus I saw flying around in a 26th century space battle?  

Azel

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2004, 03:56:56 pm »

Quote:

Was that a Prometheus I saw flying around in a 26th century space battle?

Yeah I think so
But I would not be surprised if they weren't
or rather just variants on the theme  

blitzy

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2004, 04:27:10 pm »
I thought it was a dauntless.  

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2004, 05:23:38 pm »
Its a prometheus and a nova class, the first one we saw was a prometheus, and the second was a nova class,

adam out

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2004, 05:25:58 pm »
if you come to think of it the nova and prometheus are new designs, the miranda and the excelsior lasted a real long time, even thru out the dominion wars, maybe thats why we see the nova and the prom in the 26 century they might be considered old and since what ever that guys name is the traveler, he said the federation was at war with the sphere builders, those ships might of been needed as a last resort

adam out

Viper/VR

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2004, 06:50:27 pm »
I got hold of the High Definition version of the ep, and here are the pics

First up we have the Dauntless

Here the Enterprise - J, which looks like an insect somewhat *yuk*

Prometheus, this view is just to show that its fully intact

Prometheus firing

Unknown vessel, now to me it can either be the mid section of a prommy, intrepid (doubtful), not too keen on it being a Nova, NX refit, or a completely new ship

Unknown firing, this could very well be a NX refit seeing as its phasers are the same colour as the NX (who knows?)

Lower left we can see the front half of a Vorcha

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2004, 09:34:30 pm »
Wonderful but what the hell is a Dauntless class I thought in Voyager that was an enemy ship just with good holo tech that made it seem to be a fed but it was in fact an alien, the rest i knew, except about the klingon, very good image, i would of never known, thx for that, but dauntless, im lost with that one

adam out

thx for the pics

blitzy

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2004, 10:11:27 pm »
look at that top picture, It's a dauntless, the lower ones are prometheus though  

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2004, 10:49:28 pm »
Still looks like a prometheus too me, the two nacelles on each side lol, maybe im blind

adam out

Viper/VR

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2004, 11:04:19 pm »
Quote:

Still looks like a prometheus too me, the two nacelles on each side lol, maybe im blind

adam out  

it does look like the mid section of the prommy doesn it? although the thing that throws me off is the colour of its beams, its red but the prommy has more of an orange colour, but  yeah it could very well be the mid section of a prommy

DestinyCalling

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2004, 11:18:21 pm »
It's deffo a Dauntless... The nacelles are too close together for it to be a Prommie... Plus, the "slipstream" doofer is visible..... Apologies if I have misindentified that component but I've not seen much of Voyager though oddly enough, I did see the one with the Dauntless in it.....

ANOTHER NX-01........... Jeez!!!  

DestinyCalling

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2004, 11:21:57 pm »
Actually, what would a Dauntless be doing there anyway, it's not even a Starfleet vessel...... Then again, this IS Enterprise where anything goes it seems, and the word "continuity" doesn't matter anymore.......  

Rat_Boy

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2004, 11:37:46 pm »
Quote:

Unknown vessel, now to me it can either be the mid section of a prommy, intrepid (doubtful), not too keen on it being a Nova, NX refit, or a completely new ship

It's implied that its a Sphere Builder ship (one would think that they'd be circular), but it looks a lot like a Kazon ship or the Son'a particle collector from Insurrection.

Viper/VR

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2004, 11:40:38 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

It's implied that its a Sphere Builder ship (one would think that they'd be circular), but it looks a lot like a Kazon ship or the Son'a particle collector from Insurrection.  

look next to archer's left arm in that image

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2004, 11:41:59 pm »
Its not a dauntless, because the dauntless was a fake lol lol, it was alien, not a fed, but i wont argue, to me itll be the USS Dauntless a prometheus class vessel

adam out

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2004, 11:44:14 pm »
Another thing is it doent matter, the phaser color i mean, by that time there had to be major weapon changes, the ambassador for instance, the engine color was blue, but the advanced ambassador classes are red, its just technology advancements as time goes on,

adam out

olbuzzard

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2004, 11:47:32 pm »
Quote:

I got hold of the High Definition version of the ep, and here are the pics

Here the Enterprise - J, which looks like an insect somewhat *yuk*

-------------------------------------------

the saucer looks sleek.. but the back, nacells etc apear overly simplified, and frankly more like the very old style NX more than they do the more detailed and elegant Sovy style.

If the back half did not look more like an after thought ..  it might be a more successful portrayal of a higher technologically advanced ship.  I'm sure that it is all a matter of personal taste.  This is just my opinion.

Viper/VR

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2004, 11:50:42 pm »
one image shows a prommy with orange phaser beam, the other image with the questioned ship fires red beams, just a slight difference there, again its anyones guess what ship it is.

The ship in the first image is indeed the dauntless no ifs or buts about it