Topic: free game modeling software  (Read 919 times)

DarkMatrix

free game modeling software
« on: May 23, 2004, 08:59:55 am »
http://www.caligari.com/gamespace/

you guys may want too take alook at this software here
wont export mod files but has few others you can export too then use milkshape to export too Mod

DM

DestinyCalling

Re: free game modeling software
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 09:46:32 am »
Not too sure I get that.... Why not just use Milkshape in the first...??

And Milkshape cost $20 anyway..

Which is hardly free.....  

atheorhaven

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 12:04:53 pm »
This'd probably be the page here...

http://www.caligari.com/gameSpace/gsl/gsl.asp

What's I'm wondering about is how (or if) this'll support any of the formats that gmax can import/export from.  Or if it's all the same... just still looking for the free tool that'll let you import/export meshes to something that can be ran through to .MOD... then once the package is all together, can put that all up for download for people to start to be able to make stuff for SFC tottally for free..

Sandman3D

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 01:10:28 pm »
Only thing I've found as far as that goes, is to get the .md3 exporter (Quake3) for gmax, then import to Milkshape, texture it and export to mod.  

Stormbringer

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 04:09:49 pm »
Im a little slow on this stuff could you flesh out the instructions for doing this a little. or point to an existing block of instruction on it?

Sandman3D

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 09:05:09 am »
Well, 1st you need the .md3 exporter, d/l it from Discreet. Then build your model (gmax has most of the same controls as MAX4, so to me models would be easier to build than with Milkshape), export as .md3, then import to Milkshape. I don't use Milkshape, but there are plenty here who do so shouldn't be hard to get help mapping and laying textures. When ready, export to .mod.