Topic: Start your speculating! (ENT Spoilers)  (Read 3951 times)

Rat_Boy

Start your speculating! (ENT Spoilers)
« on: February 26, 2004, 02:16:10 pm »
From Star Trek.com

According to the episode info, Captain Archer gets whisked into the future onto the U.S.S. Enterprise (NCC-1701-J).  Could that be the future Enterprise on the monitor behind them?  It isn't much to start with, but I'd like to see this in full model glory.

Kaenyne

Re: Start your speculating! (ENT Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 02:23:32 pm »
THAT would be COOOOL...if true. Model makers...stand ready!  

Would you mind posting another link to the article, please?

Hmmmm...do I smell a possible "spinoff of a spinoff" here too?

Long live the U.S.S. Enterprise!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kaenyne »

Rat_Boy

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 02:38:12 pm »
Here.

The info on the new ENT is just confirmed rumor, nothing said by the official folks.

CDEDS

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 02:38:54 pm »
From what I can see of that picture. the J has a Galaxy-like saucer with a structure on top and a nacelle? at the end.  

Kaenyne

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 02:44:44 pm »
Thanks!    

NannerSlug

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 03:17:46 pm »
if bakula could just MOVE out of the way we could find out.

which episode will this be on?

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 03:26:49 pm »
I saw the preview and read the page, where do you see the NCC 1701 J

Adam out

Kaenyne

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2004, 03:36:23 pm »
Look at the posted pic link. On a display behind Archer and Daniels is a large diagram of a Federation style ship, possibly this futuristic Enterprise.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kaenyne »

Rat_Boy

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2004, 04:42:18 pm »
Quote:

which episode will this be on?  

Wednesday of next week.

ChrsLWlstr

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2004, 07:11:18 pm »
Maybe they'll bump into some Klingons in the future...  

Maxillius

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2004, 09:50:49 pm »
Quote:

From what I can see of that picture. the J has a Galaxy-like saucer with a structure on top and a nacelle? at the end.  

Actually, I don't think the structure is from the top of the nacelle, but extends from the back into some very flimsy-looking nacelle pylons with very small nacelles..

I think it looks poopy

starforce2

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2004, 07:14:02 am »
That enterprise looks like crap.

Ryker

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2004, 07:42:17 am »
The episode I heard about another Starfleet ship was E2, which is coming in a few weeks. The image here is from Azati Prime, I cant find any reference to the Enterprise-J  in there...?
Maybe you could point out exactly where it says Enterprise-J for me    

ModelsPlease

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2004, 10:24:18 pm »
I can't speak about the saucer but the body looks amazingly similar to this Advanced Intrepid Class model I found on the net.

U.S.S. Violator

Either way, I like this variation.
-MP    

Rat_Boy

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2004, 12:10:02 pm »
Reminder: the episode is on tonight at 8 pm.  Early spoilers suggest even more future Federation and alien ships (from the 26th Century, according to reports).

Kaenyne

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2004, 12:19:12 pm »
Cool! My VCR is set.

BTW, where did you get that info.?  

Futurama_Guy

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2004, 03:05:59 pm »
Try here:

http://enterprise.fotopic.net/p3109420.html

and here are 66 other pictures from the episode:

http://enterprise.fotopic.net/c128412.html

Kaenyne

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2004, 03:33:39 pm »
Thanks, man!

I have lots of questions now.

Guess I'll have watch this episode to get 'em answered.

In the meantime, I'm hoping that your info. is accurate, as I'd like to see what the 26th century has in store!

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2004, 11:00:15 pm »
well novas and prometheus ship are defintely staying

adam out

olbuzzard

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2004, 11:40:11 pm »
If that pict in the back ground behind the two men talking  (Archer and man from the future 0

Frankly ..  ECCH !!!   Even my wife who watches Trek with me thinks it is a major step BACKWARDS !!  

Some one in that studio needs help !

If that is where the design future of paramount is headed...   it could actually turn people off.  Heck the NX-1 has better class ....  and it's an older ship. !!

Just my opinion of course !!  

( ecch !!)

Kaenyne

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2004, 08:12:15 am »
Hmmm...from what little we saw (just the wall schematic and a corridor of sorts) I'm going to withhold final judgement for now.

The design on the wall looks very Federation and sorta on the skinny side. But I'm thinking that perhaps in the 26th century the Enterprise J's alloys, SIFs, etc. are much stronger than previous incarnations, allowing for less materials to be used, hence the skinny pylons and nacelles.

But maybe next week we'll see more of this ship and get a better idea what see looks like.  

Azel

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2004, 11:39:38 am »

Quote:

Hmmm...from what little we saw (just the wall schematic and a corridor of sorts) I'm going to withhold final judgement for now.

The design on the wall looks very Federation and sorta on the skinny side. But I'm thinking that perhaps in the 26th century the Enterprise J's alloys, SIFs, etc. are much stronger than previous incarnations, allowing for less materials to be used, hence the skinny pylons and nacelles.

But maybe next week we'll see more of this ship and get a better idea what see looks like.  

I say that the design is sound...but I would love to see more veiws
afterall...a hell of alot could be(or not) be going on, on the ship's ventral
Also I noticed that the ship had a feeling of immenseness to it( maybe its just me )

Anyway...
Hail to the Enterprise!!!

« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 03:54:31 pm by Azel »

SSCF_LeRoy

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2004, 03:53:16 pm »
Was that a Prometheus I saw flying around in a 26th century space battle?  

Azel

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2004, 03:56:56 pm »

Quote:

Was that a Prometheus I saw flying around in a 26th century space battle?

Yeah I think so
But I would not be surprised if they weren't
or rather just variants on the theme  

blitzy

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2004, 04:27:10 pm »
I thought it was a dauntless.  

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2004, 05:23:38 pm »
Its a prometheus and a nova class, the first one we saw was a prometheus, and the second was a nova class,

adam out

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2004, 05:25:58 pm »
if you come to think of it the nova and prometheus are new designs, the miranda and the excelsior lasted a real long time, even thru out the dominion wars, maybe thats why we see the nova and the prom in the 26 century they might be considered old and since what ever that guys name is the traveler, he said the federation was at war with the sphere builders, those ships might of been needed as a last resort

adam out

Viper/VR

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2004, 06:50:27 pm »
I got hold of the High Definition version of the ep, and here are the pics

First up we have the Dauntless

Here the Enterprise - J, which looks like an insect somewhat *yuk*

Prometheus, this view is just to show that its fully intact

Prometheus firing

Unknown vessel, now to me it can either be the mid section of a prommy, intrepid (doubtful), not too keen on it being a Nova, NX refit, or a completely new ship

Unknown firing, this could very well be a NX refit seeing as its phasers are the same colour as the NX (who knows?)

Lower left we can see the front half of a Vorcha

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2004, 09:34:30 pm »
Wonderful but what the hell is a Dauntless class I thought in Voyager that was an enemy ship just with good holo tech that made it seem to be a fed but it was in fact an alien, the rest i knew, except about the klingon, very good image, i would of never known, thx for that, but dauntless, im lost with that one

adam out

thx for the pics

blitzy

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2004, 10:11:27 pm »
look at that top picture, It's a dauntless, the lower ones are prometheus though  

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2004, 10:49:28 pm »
Still looks like a prometheus too me, the two nacelles on each side lol, maybe im blind

adam out

Viper/VR

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2004, 11:04:19 pm »
Quote:

Still looks like a prometheus too me, the two nacelles on each side lol, maybe im blind

adam out  

it does look like the mid section of the prommy doesn it? although the thing that throws me off is the colour of its beams, its red but the prommy has more of an orange colour, but  yeah it could very well be the mid section of a prommy

DestinyCalling

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2004, 11:18:21 pm »
It's deffo a Dauntless... The nacelles are too close together for it to be a Prommie... Plus, the "slipstream" doofer is visible..... Apologies if I have misindentified that component but I've not seen much of Voyager though oddly enough, I did see the one with the Dauntless in it.....

ANOTHER NX-01........... Jeez!!!  

DestinyCalling

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2004, 11:21:57 pm »
Actually, what would a Dauntless be doing there anyway, it's not even a Starfleet vessel...... Then again, this IS Enterprise where anything goes it seems, and the word "continuity" doesn't matter anymore.......  

Rat_Boy

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2004, 11:37:46 pm »
Quote:

Unknown vessel, now to me it can either be the mid section of a prommy, intrepid (doubtful), not too keen on it being a Nova, NX refit, or a completely new ship

It's implied that its a Sphere Builder ship (one would think that they'd be circular), but it looks a lot like a Kazon ship or the Son'a particle collector from Insurrection.

Viper/VR

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2004, 11:40:38 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

It's implied that its a Sphere Builder ship (one would think that they'd be circular), but it looks a lot like a Kazon ship or the Son'a particle collector from Insurrection.  

look next to archer's left arm in that image

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2004, 11:41:59 pm »
Its not a dauntless, because the dauntless was a fake lol lol, it was alien, not a fed, but i wont argue, to me itll be the USS Dauntless a prometheus class vessel

adam out

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2004, 11:44:14 pm »
Another thing is it doent matter, the phaser color i mean, by that time there had to be major weapon changes, the ambassador for instance, the engine color was blue, but the advanced ambassador classes are red, its just technology advancements as time goes on,

adam out

olbuzzard

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2004, 11:47:32 pm »
Quote:

I got hold of the High Definition version of the ep, and here are the pics

Here the Enterprise - J, which looks like an insect somewhat *yuk*

-------------------------------------------

the saucer looks sleek.. but the back, nacells etc apear overly simplified, and frankly more like the very old style NX more than they do the more detailed and elegant Sovy style.

If the back half did not look more like an after thought ..  it might be a more successful portrayal of a higher technologically advanced ship.  I'm sure that it is all a matter of personal taste.  This is just my opinion.

Viper/VR

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2004, 11:50:42 pm »
one image shows a prommy with orange phaser beam, the other image with the questioned ship fires red beams, just a slight difference there, again its anyones guess what ship it is.

The ship in the first image is indeed the dauntless no ifs or buts about it

DestinyCalling

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2004, 12:08:33 am »
Hang on, here's a thought.... The Dauntless was reg NX-01-A and clearly of very advanced design (alien tech or not)... Hard to explain my train of thought here but why would it be NX-01-A ... The "A" bit is the significant thing here... Any thoughts on a bizarre and highly implausible connection???

After all we have just seen what looks to be a Dauntless (Not THE Dauntless, obviously) on Enterprise (NX-01)....

Hmmmm    

Rat_Boy

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2004, 12:09:55 am »
Actually, I thought the "Dauntless" was supposed to be a Xindi-designed ship, since the basic shape is the same.

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2004, 12:30:54 am »
Hmmm interesting, but Im still not convinced lol lol

adam out

Viper/VR

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2004, 01:50:57 am »
Ok when I say Dauntless I mean "Dauntless Class" not the actual Dauntless ship from Hope & Fear, that was most likely assimilated by the Borg, but Voyager did have the schematics in its computer core.

Perhaps the "A" signify's the next evolution in starship design, NX Enterprise was like the first exploration ship from starfleet? So it could make some sense.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Viper/VR »

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2004, 03:28:37 am »
Are there any better pics out there, those were great, I loved the fact that someone spotted the VorCha, but the so called Dauntless is kinda blurry, kinda make it out, and another where do you guys see the "A" at, am I missing something, lol im always lost

adam out

ChrisJohnson

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2004, 07:40:46 am »
Don't take what you can barely see while in motion what's actually out there.  The Dauntless blur flying is trying to represent future ship classes that, mabye could look similar, yet not be a Dauntless.  The Vor-Cha I have no idea why the hell the Klingons are still using it, so I'd pretend it's another Klingon vessel... The Sphere-Builder ship and Ent-J ship are probably of original design that IMHO should be taken seriously as canonical.  The Nova-class firing two red beams should not, the Prometheus firing one orange beam should not, the Dauntless Blur should not, just imagine future trek ships made by Atolm to be in their place!

battlestar001

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2004, 03:54:00 pm »
its possible  that starfleet built a replica of the dauntless to test a slipstream worp drive oftheir own? I agree that that blurr of an image could be anything. The vorcha? Was fast becoming the workhorse of the klingon fleet and how long did the bird of pray last? The ship that looks like the prommie and the ship that looks like the nova are most likly to be a prommie and a nova! How long did the oberth, miranda and Excelsior classes last? 100 years or more! the prommie was bound to be kept in service as long as possible because of its MVAM. Y decommision a good class of ship when u can refit the design to include the new tech?

ChrisJohnson

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2004, 06:13:17 pm »
If we keep this up, then the Remnants or New Republic ships will total our entire Starfleet, or dish out a big fight.  If we're going to treat every Akiraprise ship sighting as canonical, as well as others in other Trek shows, then lets not forget the standard Corellian Engineering Corporation YT-1300 stock light freighter, also known as the Millenium Falcon, that was in the big battle against the Borg in Star Trek: First Contact.  Remember that alien in ET?  Well since it had been established that their home galaxy is far far away in Episode 1, then they must have visited us before.  They discovered a way to get to our galaxy, and so can a big Empire that can easily come and devistate Earth!  Oh, and in the Ent-D shuttle bays there is a Shuttlecraft Indiana Jones!    So you can say Indy Jones, E.T., and Star Wars is all Trek canon if tied up together from easter egg sightings.  And that they exist in Trek lore!

See where I'm getting at?

BTW: http://dynamic.gamespy.com/%7Eklingonacademy/forum/showthread.php?t=14186

Core

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2004, 08:04:29 am »
to contredict some of the thengs said  imho that litle thing there that was zoomd in and stuf is a Norway class  and if you dont belive me then see your eye's examend