Topic: Galaxies at War - Model Callout  (Read 2724 times)

Stylsy

Galaxies at War - Model Callout
« on: February 24, 2004, 11:33:23 am »
Apologies for the lack of news from the GaW mod front, but excellent progress has been made thanks to Rod O'Neal and el-Karnak working the the specs and missions behind the modification.

The main component we now need for the mod is models. This is hard to decide on because we believe that the mod should have as large a community input as possible, as, after all a large proportion of the SFC series success has been down to you guys.

We really need models (general hull types F, FF, DD, CL, CA, BC, DN, BB) for both ships and stations for the following races:

- Terran Empire
- Lyran Democratic Republic
- WYN Star Cluster
- Andromedans  
- Tholians  
- Seltorians  

We will of course be using the stock models, but any remodels, retextures or new ship classes out there you guys would like to add to the mod would be greatly appreciated. All permissions will be seeked, and of course, full credit will be given to all model authors and contributors in the final version.

I know that some guys have been making models specifically for the mod, if you could call in here it would be great.

I don't have an actually list of hull classes we need yet, but if we can see a large selection of models as possible we should be able to choose the widest variety of models we can to make the mod a real tribute to the SFC community.

I'm sure Rod and KF will fill in any blanks I've missed.

Cheers guys,  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Stylsy »

DarkMatrix

Re: Galaxies at War - Model Callout
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 11:43:03 am »
- Andromedans
- Tholians

are ready and waiting for u

DM

Stylsy

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 11:45:04 am »
Excellent could you zip them up and e-mail them to mail@stylsy.co.uk, or put them on a server for download?

Marauth

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 12:40:46 pm »
I already converted Thu11s 2 Lyran ships that he's released to LDR versions and I've given him the files but he's gone awol for the moment so if they'll be posted or not I don't know - but if he does come back and post them then it'd be cool to see them in GAW

don420

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 01:40:11 pm »
this is just a sugestion, but i think since the terrans are basicly evil version
of the federation could they have pfs insted of fighters,please

Rod O'neal

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 10:47:36 pm »
TVL, I really liked your retextures of both the LDR and WYN raiders. I hope that we can get our hands on them. Thanks.  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2004, 10:49:49 pm »
Quote:

this is just a sugestion, but i think since the terrans are basicly evil version

Yes and no. All of the races have both.  

don420

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2004, 11:40:58 pm »
will i be able to edit the ship list like add my own models & classes,pfs and such

Crimmy

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2004, 12:05:11 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Yes and no. All of the races have both.  

This of course...is the very best news for me...

One question....how big is the projected mod going to be?

ModelsPlease

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2004, 02:09:10 am »
I would like to suggest P 81's Akayazi for the Terrain Fleet.It's unique.  

Stylsy

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2004, 07:08:04 am »
Yeah I guess I can do my 'reddish' textures that were quite popular for the Terrans, I'll see if I can put the terran emblems on the textures as well.

The mod size will be down to the amount and size of new models we will use, so it's anyones guess right now.

Rod O'neal

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2004, 08:50:07 am »
Quote:

- Andromedans
- Tholians

are ready and waiting for u

DM  

Great, DM. I'll need to get ahold of them to check the weapon's HPs and model designations to the shiplist, ASAP.    

Rod O'neal

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2004, 09:07:33 am »
Quote:

will i be able to edit the ship list like add my own models & classes,pfs and such  

Anyone can edit the shiplist like I did and add/remove any ship class that they want to. It's done a bit differently than with the standard shiplist though. Once it's out I can explain how to do it for anyone who wants to. Others have already made shiplists using the same or similar methods to mine to get both ftrs and PFs in the same race.

If you change the shiplist it won't match up for online play. Replacing models won't cause any problems, though. Just as long as you keep the model's designations the same. ie, Don't change any pointers in the shiplist.  

Fury_of_a_Seraph

Kaenyne

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2004, 10:09:55 am »
Well heck! If they can't use it, I sure can!

Nice job there, sir!  

You've successfully captured the "feel" of a dangerous Terran Imperial vessel.

Stylsy

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2004, 11:17:36 am »
Quote:

Could you guys use this at all?

http://forums.taldren.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=268930&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1  

I like that alot, I think the registry should be ISS Ajax, to fit with cannon, but thats just IMHO.

Would you be interested in creating more ships like that for the Terrans?

Fury_of_a_Seraph

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2004, 11:32:12 am »
It already is ISS, i changed it.

Honestly, i can just grab this, and apply it to any of p81's kitbashes...
I cant adapt it to fit on the Miranda and it will be easy to make an Excelsior version too - which covers most of p81's TMP era ships & kitbashes.

Merlinfmct87

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2004, 08:14:39 pm »
You might be able to use FireSoul's models and ships, it might save you some time. There aren't any andromedians, of course, but there are expansions to the stock races. I'm not saying your mod can't stand on it's own, I am sold on d/ling it as soon as it comes out. The only reason I am posting this is I have not seen the idea suggested or denied anywhere in your site.

Best wishes,
             Merlin

P.S. On edit: Just a spell check
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 12:53:13 am by Merlinfmct87 »

Rod O'neal

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2004, 12:01:14 am »
Quote:

It already is ISS, i changed it.

Honestly, i can just grab this, and apply it to any of p81's kitbashes...
I cant adapt it to fit on the Miranda and it will be easy to make an Excelsior version too - which covers most of p81's TMP era ships & kitbashes.  

The specs for the Terrans that I created call for "photon turrets", although, not quite that many, lol (Thanks and credit to I_Mudd for the idea. ) So, this would fit sooo well.    

Rod O'neal

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2004, 10:49:06 pm »
Anyone else have anything that they'd like to add/contribute to the project? The more the better.  

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2004, 12:12:58 am »
How about using P81s Araxes DX, Excalibur CX, Explorer and Odysee BB and several of the exisiting kitbashes of them for the Imperials?