Topic: Lord Schtupp, Desty Nova, Anduril, Atra, et al  (Read 1675 times)

wanderer

Lord Schtupp, Desty Nova, Anduril, Atra, et al
« on: January 08, 2004, 01:56:40 am »
I was wondering if any of you fine gentlemen were planning or had considered an  SFB-true CVS/B...

Depicted is the CVB USS Sam Houston, NCC-1956.  Three F-14 fighters can be seen

in the background (the CVB carried F-15's; the CVS carried F-18's).  In the foreground I believe are A-20F's.

And while I'm on an SFB bent, I'd love to see a BCV done with the same front-end as the CVB pictured above.

Oh, and I haven't seen any fast cruisers either...

Dig those blue bussards!  The three "historical" CF's were Wolverine, Eagle, and Stingray.  There was also one

fast carrier (CVF), Gryphon.  And while we're on the subject of fast warships, how about the NCF from R10?

Ok, I'll stop now..  
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 10:02:09 pm by wanderer »

anduril

Re: Lord Schupp, Desty Nova, Anduril, et al
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 06:39:39 am »
Atrahasis had done the Coronado.  Which is close to the CV pictured there.

But to answer your question...

Yes.

Bernard Guignard has designed a set of hot warps a bit like those pictured on the fast cruiser but a bit cooler since they put channels on both sides of the warp engines that I have in mind for a build of the various variants of the fast cruiser.

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 03:43:11 pm »
My only problem with the Coronado design is that it lacks the main nav deflector/sensor dish. This would be a good one to do....

Rod O'neal

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 06:41:09 pm »
I can tell you that Atra's had this pic for a while 'cuz I sent it to him. He said that he planned on doing it. It just wasn't at the top of his list. So Atra, now someone else would like it too.  

wanderer

Re: Lord Schupp, Desty Nova, Anduril, Atra, et al
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 09:54:14 pm »
Anduril-Glad to hear that you have the Fast Cruiser designs in mind.  The CVF Gryphon is of particular interest to me, as having served on her is a part of my D2 character's profile.

As stated above, the three CF's were the Wolverine, Eagle, and Stingray.  They were built in Y167, Y168, and Y169, replacing the normal CA's in the production schedule for those years (SFB Module R6).

Now, the hull numbers of these vessels are not mentioned anywhere that I can find in the SFB literature, although I believe that they have been referred to as 1602, 1603, and 1604, respectively.

According to the Captain's Starship Registry, the 1600-series ships that are listed are *Heavy Cruisers:

1601 Agincourt
1605 Port Moresby
1612 Pharsallus
1621 Hastings
1635 Isandlwana
1649 Arbela

(*The NCA-class ships are 1651-1662)

If the numbers mentioned for the CF's are to be taken as correct, this would indicate that the Agincourt was built in Y166 (the Agincourt, of course, was later heavily damaged, and was refit as the Federation's only CAD Heavy Drone Cruiser, until the introduction of the NDC).  This makes sense in the context that, as of Y165, the 1700 numbers were being used for CC's in production.  Starfleet would have seen the need for continued Heavy Cruiser production (especially with the General War on the horizon), and NCC-1601 USS Agincourt was the first of these.  So, following that logic, with one heavy cruiser per year built, as mentioned, and the one CVF built in Y173, you get an NCC number of 1608 for USS Gryphon.

Schtupp-I agree with your assessment of the Coronado, although I believe Atra said is has WADE deflector units (can't remember off-hand).  Hence, why I posted the pic of the cover of J2.

Speaking of the Coronado, I use it for the CVD Interdiction carrier (J2).  In the description of the CVD, it says, "The CVD was built on a CVS hull, but rearranged the saucer section to eliminate the photons and some other systems and make room for a second fighter bay with a complete second squadron of fighters."

The raised section on the rear of the saucer section fits the bill for me quite well.

Rod-What pic did you send Atra? The J2 cover?

« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 10:01:50 pm by wanderer »

Rod O'neal

Re: Lord Schupp, Desty Nova, Anduril, Atra, et al
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 10:25:32 pm »
Quote:

Rod-What pic did you send Atra? The J2 cover?

Yes. He released the Coronado right after I purchased J2. When I saw the Coronado I sent him the J2 cover with the Houston on it to see if he'd be interested in it.

It's a really nicely done model, IMO. The smaller render of it in the post here doesn't really do it justice. I also like the Assault ftrs (A10/A20?) with the megamodules (the Ent-D nacelle looking things on the bottom) on them as well. Hopefully someone will do them too. (I think that Desty said that he would get around to them along with the other Fed ftrs sometime.)

Anyway. I'm glad that we have all this to look forward to.    

atheorhaven

Re: Lord Schtupp, Desty Nova, Anduril, Atra, et al
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2004, 11:09:42 pm »
Don't know if anyone has realized it.. but that saucer on the fast cruiser looks *really* similar to James Formo's "Black Elk".. with that mesh and maybe some of anduril's/LS/TSP/Atra's stuff and some scaling, one could make a pretty close approximation on that fast cruiser.  If one was so inclined..

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2004, 05:24:12 am »
Quote:

Atrahasis had done the Coronado.  Which is close to the CV pictured there.

But to answer your question...

Yes.

Bernard Guignard has designed a set of hot warps a bit like those pictured on the fast cruiser but a bit cooler since they put channels on both sides of the warp engines that I have in mind for a build of the various variants of the fast cruiser.  

Thanks Anduril
Actually the fast cruiser picture was  the inspiration behind my design variant for the hot warp. I can just see
her with the bussards glowing blue and all the other fixings.  This weekend I'll be posting the SFb advanced circumfrential warp drive pb78 mod 3 a work in progress, as well as an update on my take on what the fast cruiser should look like at the TreknoGraphx yahoo groups list.      

wanderer

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2004, 12:14:46 am »
So, Anduril...Schtupp...Bernard...any info/upates on the horizon, perhaps>  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by wanderer »

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2004, 05:29:18 pm »
Hi Wanderer
    Here's an update of sorts from me, I don't do any modeling just Cad Schematics.  I've not been very active these past few weeks been busy trying to get the club newletter out to my members. I'm hoping to free up some time to work on some schematics this weekend for a little bit.