Topic: Atropos Class Destroyer (Sabre v2) ***finished***  (Read 5450 times)

Raven Night

Re: Atropos Class Destroyer (Sabre v2)
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2004, 10:47:21 am »
Well, I have whipped together a 3d drawing based on your blueprint for you to use a visual aid. I tried to keep it as close as possible to your original drawing, but it should help you on your way.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Raven Night »

Tus

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2004, 01:03:29 pm »
thanks dude

nx_adam_1701

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2004, 01:51:47 pm »
Tus, the suggestion made about increase the decks in the body sounds good, or the brigde module standing out too, I cant wait to fly her

adam out

Azel

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2004, 02:16:25 pm »
Nice job Raven
great assist

Raven Night

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2004, 02:46:22 pm »
Thanks........btw, you never commented on what you thought of the Saif. The mesh is done. If you want a link to the thread on BCU, I will provide it.

Azel

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2004, 03:06:57 pm »

Quote:

Thanks........btw, you never commented on what you thought of the Saif. The mesh is done. If you want a link to the thread on BCU, I will provide it.

Aye please do

Tus

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2004, 04:42:17 pm »
small update, i decided to instead build this thing a little differntly, part by part

Raven Night

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2004, 01:11:35 am »
It will be easier if I just do this......

She will be ready for SFC shortly. Here is the entire thread if you want to see it from start to finish.

http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~bridgecommander/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=13887&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

People love this design, and I will be sure to let them know that one of your quick sketches inpired the concept it is based on.

Kaenyne

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2004, 09:23:47 am »
That ship is simply astonishing!

I can't wait to d/l her and the D'Voridex. That wil be one happy day!

Now back to our sponsor.

Tus

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2004, 12:53:36 pm »
another update, this is where currently am.  its still a work in progress though so its bound to change again

Azel

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2004, 01:02:08 pm »

Quote:

another update, this is where currently am. its still a work in progress though so its bound to change again

NOW THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!
THAT IS HOT!!!

Raven:
Great job on the Rom/Rem...very impressive
Now if I could get my Soulwolf-Zero to get done...hint hint
looking forward to DL  

Tus

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2004, 11:56:08 pm »
ok, here she nearly complete minus 2 views (bottom and rear)    only 2 views left to go me is happy

Tus

Azel

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2004, 12:49:21 pm »
Exellent  

Tus

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2004, 05:39:38 pm »

InterMech

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2004, 06:09:18 pm »
Hey, I like that a lot! I personally would like to see the warp engines thinner then the primary hull, but this makes for a good change. I just adore Federation ships with the warp engines fused to the primary hull. The only problem is, that they have to be done just right with a certain amount of artistic finesse. I think this concept carries alot of that quality.  I also like the notched sauser. This design gets an A + + + + + from me. Good job!  

ModelsPlease

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2004, 11:51:53 pm »
Amazing stuff Tus Sir,I look forward to D/L them all. I have a suggestion,I don't know how well it'll go over   But,here goes.You mentioned not being happy with the front of the new Sabre,perhaps An intrepid style front end " modified of course to match your design" would give it some "beef".Just my $.02  
-MP

Tus

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2004, 11:58:05 pm »
lol, wouldn't work to well, expecially in trying to modify these schematics.  but you are right, i was unhappy with the front end...in  the first attempt the second attempt i think beefed it up a good bit .  though ur suggestion would make an interesting combination, just how the hell to do it is the question  

Tus  

Major A Payne

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2004, 11:59:45 pm »
Tus. Is this definately the finished article?? If so I'll begin construction of the model within the next couple of days (although the texture might have to be provided by someone who can make them as I suck at texture creation). Also is there anything specific which I should know before proceeding (with regards to relative size to another vessel class, and escape pod location etc.etc).

Major A Payne

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2004, 03:21:54 pm »
Sorry for the double posting but this was necessary. Tus. if you read this before checking your PM, the models finished. I've rendered up some images but the model itself is currently untextured. I might be able to find something to suit but it wouldn't be as good as totally scratch made ones specifically for this model. Its poly count (for everyones benefit) is a meagre 1848 so its about average. I've increased the thickness of the main hull, made the nacelles a bit chunkier as they didn't look right beforehand. The bridge module stands up quite a bit higher than the rest of the model but I believe still suits it okay. As it stands I'm quite happy with the results (considering I tend to model much lower poly and with much less detail). I've not included any escape pods, phaser array strips or registry meshes as this would heavily increase the models poly count overall, and I'm not willing to do that.

Anyway, give me a yell and I'll email these few rendered images so you can see the finished item.

Tus

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2004, 04:10:38 pm »
got ur pm first and replied so my e-mail is there now.  i'll probably try to do up the textures myself if i can, getting descent with it now anyways, looking forward to seeing them pics

Tus