Topic: Battlestar Galactica!  (Read 1186 times)

Kaenyne

Battlestar Galactica!
« on: February 25, 2004, 02:35:31 pm »
Another link to a longtime favorite: http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~bridgecommander/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12533

Sweet, huh?

atheorhaven

Re: Battlestar Galactica!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 07:21:45 am »
Looks nice.. just wish I could see other shots from other angles to see if that's the one that is up at Kane's site.  If it is, that's another one that I worked on that got ported without me hearing anything about it.  (I did all the alternate registries for the one up on Kane's site.)

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 07:38:24 am »
To be honest, if Bergman does not get off his duff, these guys will blow the Trek stuff right out of the water. Maybe they need a real kick in the pants with a show like BSG being done.

Perhaps Taldren will pick up on what might be the next hot scifi thing. One can only hope.

Hooch  

Kaenyne

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 09:44:49 am »
Well, I'm no expert, but it appears to be the "revised" Galactica from the recent Sci Fi miniseries.

Did you work on one of those, Atheorhaven?  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kaenyne »

atheorhaven

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 08:54:19 pm »
A new Galactica from the new series?  No, the one I worked on was the classic one from the classic series.  Matter of fact, I made a rather disparaging remark about the new series shortly after it aired, because I am in no way a fan of seeing any version of Galactica neing made unless it's the Hatch project I heard about.  For that matter, not planning on watching this new series at all as in addition I'm refusing to watch any SciFi shows until they reverse their decision on Farscape.  Drek like the new galacT'n'A isn't science fiction, it's a peep show with lasers.  If I wanted to watch that, I'd watch "Lexx" instead, that had an undead assassin on it.    My opinion anyways...

NannerSlug

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 09:07:33 pm »

Quote:

Drek like the new galacT'n'A isn't science fiction, it's a peep show with lasers.

well said.

btw, hooch is right. if somthing isnt done, trek will lose to bsg.. then again, they are already trying to emulate it with the steamy scenes with tpol.

DonKarnage

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 10:07:12 pm »
i didn't see the new bsg, just seen and stuff about it, the 6 of 9 is a bad imitation of 7 of 9 from voyager, and for the star trek enterprise i don't like it new old species and other weird stuff that don't go with the history line, like the enconter the borg and the survice it, what next the Q and the gemaddar the fonder ds9 of b5 or the galactic empire (starwars), the wrighter should watch all the startrek series episode so he or she will not get lost in space with such bad wrighting.   that include the movies made so far.