Topic: Romulan Kitbash request for Desty Nova  (Read 1905 times)

Klingon Fanatic

Romulan Kitbash request for Desty Nova
« on: January 31, 2004, 03:54:28 pm »
No folks, this is not another Melak kitbash request, LOL.

Desty Nova I was hoping that you would consider tweaking your Romulan King Vulture Dreadnought (Old Series into this FASA Romulan design:

http://members.aol.com/destynova02/rdne_thumb.jpg

Compare and Contrast

http://www.sub-odeon.com/stsstcsmua/romulans/V-9.gif

I was tentatively thinking that Atrahasis'  V-11 Stormbird warp engines would fit the theme nicely. That would be all it would require to be in the TMP FASA collection IMHO. The front part of the Vulture is an improvement over the original FASA design.

I'm still hoping for Terradyne's V-20, a lit version of the V-27 I have and Anduril's V-4 before the FASA to SFC collection will be ready for hosting.

Qapla!

KF
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004, 03:58:45 pm by Klingon Fanatic »

atheorhaven

Re: Romulan Kitbash request for Desty Nova
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 08:19:13 pm »
If you can send me the one that you need lit, I can probably do that for you..  what all does it need?

Azel

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2004, 09:05:48 pm »
Hey Alec wassup???
Just wondering how the Reyes is comming along???
Sorry KF...didn't mean to cut in :P

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 09:41:49 pm »
Quote:

Hey Alec wassup???
Just wondering how the Reyes is comming along???
Sorry KF...didn't mean to cut in :P

Atheorhaven, check your e-mail.

Azel, NP always glad to read a post by you.

Desty Nova here is some background information on the FASA V-9 type from http://www.sub-odeon.com/stsstcsmua/:

V-9 (Night Flyer) Class VI Cruiser
Known Sphere Of Operation: Federation borders
Data Reliability: C
Major Data Source: Triangle Sector Intelligence
The V-9 Class, created from plans for the older V-8 (Bird Of Prey) Class, was constructed in response to the need for increased firepower and speed.  Its similarity to the V-8 on casual inspection is responsible for the prolonged myth that the V-8 was the mainstay of the Romulan Navy.
        The Type 1 was introduced about Stardate 2/0805.  It was the first vessel in the Romulan fleet to carry two plasma weapons, and it had an impressive array of disruptors and a cloaking device.  This vessel reportedly became extremely popular with front line commanders, because of its ability to deliver multiple plasma weapon strikes.  It did not, however, address the speed problem still seen in the concurrent Type 4 V-8, and several power plant changes resulted in the successful Type 6.
        Of the approximately 180 V-9s constructed, about 160 remain in active service; of these, some are known to be assigned to Romulan Intelligence as training vessels.  There are reports of these vessels operating within the Triangle.
        The class is named from the RomuIan temar vastaram (night flyer), in reference to a small, nocturnal, flying predator native to Remus.  The Eridam Papers state that they were the source of many ancient legends and myths about invisible predators from another dimension.

Physical dimensions:  126m long x 190m wide x 57m high

KF
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004, 09:46:28 pm by Klingon Fanatic »

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 05:21:16 pm »
BUMP for Desty Nova.

KF

Azel

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2004, 05:23:29 pm »
Hey man...I think Desty Is alittle tied up on some outside projects at the moment...But If
I see him..I'll pass along the link  

Terradyhne

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 03:30:11 am »
eh man i started to model that ship two days ago and now i see that thread about it and that you want it, ill post some pics when  the mesh is done    

Desty_Nova

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2004, 06:38:46 pm »
Hey, this sounds like a cool project. Azel's right, I have been extremely busy lately. But I found time to work on a project for Wanderer today, so I can probably work this in as well. Where can I find the model you want me to use the warp engines from?  

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 09:12:39 pm »
Quote:

Hey, this sounds like a cool project. Azel's right, I have been extremely busy lately. But I found time to work on a project for Wanderer today, so I can probably work this in as well. Where can I find the model you want me to use the warp engines from?  

The V-11 I'd use would be found here: http://www.the-tcs.net/dldir/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=140

Terradyne,

Awesome news! Can't wait for the WIP pics. I was also thinking that the V-20 would look good with Atrahasis' T-10 textures on it.

KF

Terradyhne

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2004, 04:27:46 am »
Quote:

Terradyne,

Awesome news! Can't wait for the WIP pics. I was also thinking that the V-20 would look good with Atrahasis' T-10 textures on it.

KF  

i would use textures like this for the V-9 and V-20 but with a red bird for the V-9

this is my Armada2 V-11 with the SFC2 V-11 textures as inspiration  

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 05:33:28 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Terradyne,

KF  

i would use textures like this for the V-9 and V-20 but with a red bird for the V-9

this is my Armada2 V-11 with the SFC2 V-11 textures as inspiration  

Wow! How did I miss that one by you Terradyne? LOL

Speaking of Armada ships. Any chance you can extract the Romulan Yard that looks like a figure '8' if you look at it from the top down? I REALLY would like to have more shipdocks to  give the races in SFC that end up using the generic XSD mod every time you play a shipyard assault/defense.

I've tried to use the CV program to  do this but I get the SOD file loading and I Crash to the desktop when I try to save the model as a SFC MOD.

Qapla!

KF
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 05:34:58 am by Klingon Fanatic »

Terradyhne

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2004, 12:05:33 pm »
converting this would be no problem and i think the CV problem is that this shipyard has animation in it  

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2004, 07:48:27 pm »
Quote:

converting this would be no problem and i think the CV problem is that this shipyard has animation in it  

Please post this when its converted

Qapla!

KF

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2004, 05:57:04 am »
Bump