Topic: WW1 WW2 Naval Mod  (Read 2726 times)

Mog

WW1 WW2 Naval Mod
« on: January 15, 2004, 09:45:46 am »
Has anyone ever thought of or tried to do a naval mod using either the sfc2 or sfc3 engine?

NuclearWessels

Re: WW1 WW2 Naval Mod
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 09:09:00 am »
Hey no kidding!   Can't help but think the OP engine would be fantastic for this.

If someone wants to tackle the mod I'll come up with some scripts,
dave

« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 09:10:00 am by NuclearWessels »

TF_Chimaira

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 10:09:21 am »
That would scare me.  

Heavens_Eagle

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 01:52:31 am »
How about Sailing ships.  

VSFTie

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 01:10:43 pm »
how about something in the lines of roboteck use navel ships with some extra hardware add to them 4 a space waring look

Pestalence

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 11:24:13 am »
Quote:

Has anyone ever thought of or tried to do a naval mod using either the sfc2 or sfc3 engine?  

I think that this idea is fantastic..

Planets could be large land masses.. astroids could be shallows, sandbars, small islands, or under surface volcano's

the background can be gathered with a digital cam at the lake.. only there would be no wake effect from the ships..

fighter modesl can be made for use on carriers.. textures can be redone to simulate deck fires and such....

only thing is the weapon graphics.... there are tricks that can be done on phasers to  make them look like machine gin fire.. but a creativity for other weapons need be done...

and since it is naval sim.. no shields.. let the double internals speak for the strength of the ships.. (all would be even on that front)

Cloak could be used for special Stealth vessels.... uncloaking could represent the effect of weapon bays opening and disrupting the stealth capability...

Photons you can figure to be the main guns.. but I am concerned about Dizzys and Fusion and Hellbore (could be another gun, just high Explosive rounds)

Ship turn speeds could be limited in Shipedit.. and power restricted on ships to where they would have to move slow to keep things powered... say making their max speed fully armed like speed 18 to 28... representing Knots..

man the possibilities just keep coming....

Great thought.. keep it up !!!!

NuclearWessels

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2004, 03:20:48 pm »

I was kinda thinking cloaking could be used to represent subs surfacing/diving - though they would have to surface to fire. Hmmm.

dave

RazalYllib

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2004, 06:48:18 pm »
I like

Merlinfmct87

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2004, 10:50:20 pm »
This sounds great! But why limit it to WW1 and WW2? We could go all the way--from the greeks--nothng but fireballs and marines--to modern warefare, and beyond!

This sounds great. Thanks for coming up with it. And thanks again for keeping us OP users happy. SFC3 has stolen a lot of thunder lately.  

CaptStumpy

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2004, 10:11:34 am »
Quote:

IIRC Emerald was working on a sailing ship mod but couldn't get the L and R arcs to work correctly. I've considered creating a WWI era (my fav) but gave it up when I heard about the L and R arc problem (I would need that for WWI).

I'd definately be willing to work on this should someone overcome the technical problems.