Topic: Atrahasis, where are you?  (Read 2690 times)

Rogue NineCH

Atrahasis, where are you?
« on: February 01, 2004, 02:27:18 pm »
You seem to have fallen off the radar, and I know there was a Fed ship you were working on that hasn't been released.  Your ships have been incredible, you have to come back to us.  Please?  

Mariner

Re: Atrahasis, where are you?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 02:47:05 pm »
Hey Rogue, where's that Andor while your at it?  

Rogue NineCH

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 03:00:26 am »
I am still deciding exactly how I want to do the Andor, it'll be a little while before she is ready.  

Rogue NineCH

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 12:19:45 am »
Bumping for news of Atra!

Rogue NineCH

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 03:27:00 am »
Get back up there!

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 04:38:44 am »
Hi Rogue
    Looks like he fell off the face of the earth. Atra where are you! What have you been doing? inquiring minds would like to know?  

Captain Ron

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 10:37:40 am »
Atrahasis has decided to leave the SFC community and his models and he will be missed

Sorry to be the one to bring this news.

Kaenyne

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 11:17:53 am »
Oh man! That's a HUGE loss!

He will cerainly be missed by me.

But things happen, and perhaps he'll return someday.

As far as I'm concerned, he'll always be welcome.

E_Look

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 01:40:40 pm »
Well, he might beam in and out for a microsecond or two in the new off topic forums.  Post something controversial, though not bannable, of a religious or related nature, and you might get him in for a sec, but I don't think you'll get him to do a model!

Rogue NineCH

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 07:35:31 pm »
I emailed him last night and he said he needs to find time to redo the links on his site.  He didn't mention anything about leaving the community, are you sure about that Captain Ron?  

Captain Ron

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 10:14:43 pm »
Yes I talked to him about otehr things I did not bother to ask about his site. In truth the site was the last thing on my mind, so I do not know if he will continue on with his plans to fix it once his host is straightened out.

Rogue NineCH

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2004, 01:25:02 am »
Maybe we'll get lucky and change his mind, I know his posts in the hot&spicy forum can get to you, but he was a great contributor to the community.

E_Look

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2004, 10:11:23 am »
Agreed!  We all have our... "moments".  But it is undeniable- he's an excellent mesher and perhaps even better texturer, all integrated with a real eye for art.  His models have taken over, almost, my TOS mods.

Rogue

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2004, 11:47:16 am »
Ya, what E_Look said. My game is replete with Atrahasis's work and I am grateful to have his models.

So what if I don't share some of Atra's opinions. One can just as easily say he doesn't share some of mine. He has always been fun to correspond with. He's an interesting guy and I would have liked to banter around non-sfc related subjects with him. Shoot, I would have paid money to learn how to work 3DsMax and PSP like he does. The only person I've seen have an endless grudge relationship with him was Don Dawson. Talk about polar opposites...  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Rogue »

Marauth

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2004, 11:52:21 am »
Quote:

Don Dawson.

Just don't say that three times infront of a mirror LOL!

Seriously though it would be a great loss if Atra were to have departed for good this time...

Atrahasis

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2004, 07:39:27 am »
I haven't "departed permanently", what I did report in email correspondence was that some friends of mine thought the people in the offtopic forums were stupid and mean and hence it was a waste of time to be there.

Kerry in 2004!

Khalee

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2004, 09:02:29 am »
Well then stay out of the hot and spicy and get back to makeing models. Im still waitng on that F5 you hinted at.

Mariner

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2004, 09:16:45 am »
F5? F5?

You mean Atra has a Klink F5 and nobody told me? The World is going to end on Valentine's Day, 2004!

Khalee

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2004, 09:36:21 am »
No he does not have one, But i did ask quite a few months agao if he ever thought of doing one. And he did say he had thought about it, but weither or not he will do it,  we can only hope." Hint Hint Hint"

And Im still hopeing for the antaries class patrol ship on Lord Schtupp site too."Hint Hint Hint"

Rogue

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2004, 10:51:59 am »
Quote:

I haven't "departed permanently", what I did report in email correspondence was that some friends of mine thought the people in the offtopic forums were stupid and mean and hence it was a waste of time to be there.

Kerry in 2004!  

Hey Atra, 'tis good to see ya post. But you know the drill. Discoursing politics and religion on a game forum is bound to draw oddly subjective opinions. We aren't dealing with objective reality by any stretch of the imagination. Most have little talent for discoursing the subjects. Which is kind of bad because they focus on the important questions of the human condition. But noooo... we can't have an unchallenged opinion out there that doesn't conform with ours, now can we?

Ah well, peace bro. When all else fails have a beer, enjoy your friends and blow stuff up on the computer. Because... Ecclesastes 11: 7 - 10.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Rogue »

Rogue NineCH

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2004, 02:05:40 pm »
Quote:

Kerry in 2004!  

It's one of the reasons I don't go to those forums, however keep the models coming.  You are one of the best at TOS ships.