Topic: Any of you talented types working on BSG stuff?  (Read 1431 times)

Hexx

Any of you talented types working on BSG stuff?
« on: January 18, 2004, 10:29:21 pm »
Hey all- just (finally) saw the new BSG series.
Loved the "darker" look to the Galactica and the New Cylon Raiders.

Saw some old posts from December that some of you were working on them, just wonder if anyone has actually completed one for SFC2/OP ?

Course I can't do any of this stuff, so it's not a demand.

I'm just curious
(and hopeful)  

Kaenyne

Re: Any of you talented types working on BSG stuff?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 10:02:20 am »
I wouldn't mind seeing a few of these new ships myself.

The new Cylon Raiders and Colonial Vipers (both the Mark II and Mark VII as they are called in the new minseries) are neat designs.

The new Galactica looks like a beefed up version of the older design.

The only design that didn't look that great to me was th enew Basestar. Maybe it'll grow on me...

Arcanum

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 12:15:26 pm »
Anyone else notice that the "new" cylons look an awful lot like Kilrathi fighters from the WING COMMANDER/PRIVATEER games by origin?  But yeah looked pretty good even that BSG style "HAWKEYE" was good although I think the random for the radar was too small. .  Too bad though that there is soo much "Jerry Springer Conflict" crap in the storyline . .  a character like Starbuck would not be in anyones military for long and certainly would not make the grade as a officer.

What was amazing was that SPACE(canadian Sci-Fi Channel) managed to fit BSG into the commericals . . .

atheorhaven

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 01:10:52 pm »
Here was my take on it..

"Oh look, they're redoing Galactica!  Wonder if this was the Richard Hatch sponsered effort coming to fruition?"
(read read)
"No Richard Hatch, most of the male characters are replaced with female characters, adding in angst... more for today's TV audiences.."
"Sexy Cylon with extremely similar name to Seven of Nine seduces Baltar, and seemingly everyone else"..
"Wait, what's that dry leathery clickity-clackity noise?  Is that Lorne Greene rolling over and over in his grave so fast that his poor demaciated remains threaten to fall into dust?"

(note to self, miss watching this new show as many times as needed)

That was about it for my thought processes on this one really..  

The fact that this will likely be made into a series on SciFi while they take off good shows like Farscape really shows where that network is at now.  Brain right around groin level.

The only BSG stuff that I'm working on is the original stuff, and have some original BSG stuff in the works (working on converting the SFC 2 stuff to SFC 1 and SFC 3 for original Cylon battley goodness on a PC near you soon).  But expect that someone will do some sometime.  

Hexx

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 01:28:34 pm »
LOL yeah I keep reading how people don't like it compared to the original.
Fortunately I think the original BSG is one of the dullest most unimaginative sci fi shows ever so it doesn't take alot to make it better (imho). Anyway thought the show had some promise, but man those new fighters look sweet.

Think I might have yor stuff Atra (I have someone's original Vipers and Cylons) just loking to add to it with the newer ships.

Darkness1

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2004, 03:09:56 pm »
i did  a whole bunch of kitbashes a while ago of the Galactica and the viper but never released them
some time this week i might dig them back out  

Fury_of_a_Seraph

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2004, 03:37:32 pm »
Honestly, i think the only thing id like to see are the advanced vipers. Maybe the Civilian ships, but thats about it.

Kaenyne

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2004, 03:52:04 pm »
The updated Mark II models used in the miniseries are supposed to be the Vipers seen in the original series.

However, they do look more advanced than the originals and I'd like to see those before the Mark VIIs myself...