Topic: Okay, two new ones are up.. (two based on Schtupp's Connie).  (Read 1325 times)

atheorhaven

Okay, two new ones are up.. (two based on Schtupp's Connie).
« on: January 14, 2004, 03:46:26 am »
Okay, I'm releasing these while I'm working on v2 of the Constellation so that the v1 release is out for all versions of SFC now.  But here there are..

This is the SFC 3 version of the Constellation (version 1).  Download this one if you're going for the TOS TV look with your ships.. the v2 version will use the new SFB-like textures that Lord Schtupp has just released..

http://www.the-tcs.net/_hosted/atheorhaven/html/userfiles/ships/trek/sfc3/TOS_TDDM_constellation_SFC3.zip

This is all the versions of the Defiant from the TOS episode "The Tholian Web", SFC 1, 2 and 3.
And here's one thing that the SFC 3 version will do that the others won't..

Download here..
http://www.the-tcs.net/_hosted/atheorhaven/html/userfiles/ships/trek/sfc2/TOS_fca_1764.zip

Please read the credit files, and thank Lord Schtupp if you like these.. without his permission, these'd not be possible..

(ps: actually, hang on on downloading the Defiant.. I had a brainstorm that might get that intephase idea in SFC 1 and SFC 2.. )
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 05:12:54 am by atheorhaven »

atheorhaven

Re: Okay, two new ones are up.. (two based on Schtupp's Connie).
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 06:27:45 am »
Okay, the changes are done, so feel free to download the Defiant... but here's what I did.  Tried an experiment with something that I was reading from Klingon Academy (was hoping that it'd work, but it hasn't.. at least not as far as I can tell).  It was just an experiment with animated textures in SFC.  At any rate, what I did was encapsulate the ship in SFC 1 and SFC 2 with an interphase bubble so that the ship looks a little closer to what it looked like in the show.  So the result was this:

Same download link as above, and all versions for SFC are complete now..  
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 06:32:14 am by atheorhaven »

Kaenyne

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 08:01:51 am »
Very cool, Atheorhaven!

The Defiant "interphase" look is very striking.

I hat eto ask, but is it possible to split the Defiant download into separtae versions for SFC1, SFC2 and SFC3?

I'm a 56ker and when I went to download her saw she was around 7.5 megs. Unfortunately that means it'll take just under an hour to get her, barring interuptions.
If you can do this, I would (and I'm sure others in my situation would as well) I would greatly appreciate it!  

EDIT: I managed to download the Defiant in 1hour and 7 minutes last night, with no interuptions.

But if you already split up the versions, I apologize. But then again, other 56k users will certainly have an easier time getting the Defiant!

Thanks for the great ship! I really like the "interphase" effect!

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kaenyne »

atheorhaven

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 11:45:23 am »
Alright, it's done.. but to save space on Mackie's site, I've split the file into the versions and deleted the original archive.

So now it's:

SFC1
http://www.the-tcs.net/_hosted/atheorhaven/html/userfiles/ships/trek/sfc1/TOS_fca_1764_sfc1.zip
SFC2
http://www.the-tcs.net/_hosted/atheorhaven/html/userfiles/ships/trek/sfc2/TOS_fca_1764_sfc2.zip
SFC3
http://www.the-tcs.net/_hosted/atheorhaven/html/userfiles/ships/trek/sfc3/TOS_fca_1764_sfc3.zip

So for those that got the full archive with all the versions at once (which is still how I like to do it because then it's a complete package to me), consider it a collectors edition.  

And that's another off the list... next should be the Tholian Web mesh, although I still have no idea how that'll be incorporated into the game.  It'll be some form of scripting wizardry no doubt.  

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by atheorhaven »

Kaenyne

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 12:24:23 pm »
It's very appreciated, Atheorhaven!  

BTW: Do you have a TOS Defiant without the "interphase bubble" as well?

I'm a hopeless Connie junkie!  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Kaenyne »

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 02:26:24 pm »
Hey now that looks great - excellent idea!

atheorhaven

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 02:32:15 pm »
Quote:

It's very appreciated, Atheorhaven!  
BTW: Do you have a TOS Defiant without the "interphase bubble" as well?
I'm a hopeless Connie junkie!    

I felt that the buuble or glow was *essential* for this ship considering that unless someone is planning on doing a mod pre-"Tholian Web", this ship was lost in interphase.  And I wanted that reflected with the ship, which is why I did what I did.  I considered releasing one without glows, but really decided that it'd be better as it is now...

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2004, 02:54:12 pm »
I have the Defiants textures ready to go - they and a few others just need to be zipped and uploaded including blanks...

atheorhaven

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2004, 03:46:38 pm »
Thanks LS... I'm glad that you like the final product.  

I was hoping to try and stumble over a method to animate the bubble though because then the bubble'd have done this:

But hey.. didn't happen.    One thing though.. made a slight error on the rearchiving, so people should redownload the *_SFC?.ZIP of their choice again.. they've been corrected to the release version now.  
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 03:49:13 pm by atheorhaven »

Rod O'neal

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2004, 02:09:31 am »
Anyway to give the "bubble" effect to the ESGs? I've been told that you can only make them a ring around the ship, but this would be much cooler, if it's possible. The ESG "moves" too. That would give it the animated effect, wouldn't it?