Topic: looking for a TOS Akula bridge commander model to convert to sfc...  (Read 2360 times)

atheorhaven

Re: looking for a TOS Akula bridge commander model to convert to sfc...
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2004, 01:21:35 pm »
Ummmmmm...

Hate to say this, but the saucer bulges are original and are exactly the same as on the ship I kitbashed..

The things that I added to this ship were the new pylon and the new nacelle from the Star Empire and texture/registry work.  Didn't touch the saucer bulges at all..

Unless... it was that damned evil Me from the alternative universe that likes Care Bears, cries like a little girl during "Bambi", and hates coffee.  He could've come in after me and tried to make the saucer bulges look more like breasts because he doesn't have a wife.  That's entirely possible, happened before.  Damned evil Me anyways..  
« Last Edit: January 19, 2004, 01:22:59 pm by atheorhaven »

StClair

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2004, 04:17:54 pm »
Weird.  Are you sure?  The saucers certainly look different (to me) when I swap between the two models in ModViewer.

NannerSlug

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2004, 05:02:29 pm »
the saucers look good to me. then again, im biased because i think it looks perfect.

atheorhaven

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2004, 05:02:47 pm »
Absolutely postive... I didn't do anything at all to the saucer section meshwise.. the only other difference is the new textures with the new registries.  Otherwise, there's no difference.

StClair

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2004, 03:02:26 am »
Okay, I figured it out - it has to do with how an SFC1 model looks different from SFC2 (smoother shading on the latter).  Never mind. Sorry.

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2004, 03:41:03 am »
I see the area that St. Clair is talking about, deck 3 looks darker, thats the poly line...