Topic: looking for a TOS Akula bridge commander model to convert to sfc...  (Read 2362 times)

NannerSlug

ive seen it.. but i cant remember the site.. the big thing is that the blue bars were pointng toward each other, not to the outside.. i am looking for an accurate TOS akula model. i have one now, but its not really the greatest (i tried to retexture it and its not as good as some of the stuff ive seen out there).

anyone have any ideas/URLS? (or want to kb one for moi)

i am needing this asap so i can release generations very soon.

The_Pelican

Re: looking for a TOS Akula bridge commander model to convert to sfc...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 04:50:57 pm »
I think this is an Akula Variant, but it's a P81 Model, so it's unlikely to be anything but good.

http://www.bcfiles.com/file.info?ID=17278

Marauth

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 07:57:49 pm »
No actually that's the Araxes - P81's high poly X-destroyer, it's meant to replace the low-poly one he did for SFCOP - the Akula is a constitution variant while that is based off of the Excalibur X-cruiser (also by P81)

If Lord Schtupp recieved it from DTW before he left they were working on a TOS Akula using LS's parts, it looked very cool but I do not know if DTW and LS ever finished it.

atheorhaven

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 08:25:11 pm »
If they didn't, and this is for the Generations mod or SFC in general.. I have no problems with kitbashing together one.. under two conditions:

a) It's okay with everyone whose parts I borrow..
b) It's not ported to any other game (other than another version of SFC) without someone contacting me and asking
    permission first.  This would apply doubly to Bridge Commander.

If DTW and LS finished one, that's all ancillary of course.. but if they didn't, and aren't.. again, I don't mind doing one up (if it's okay with LS, TSP, Anduril, or whomever's mesh I can find the right pieces with..

atheorhaven

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2004, 11:51:10 am »
As just posted.. I decided to play around with the mesh a little bit last night to see what could be done with it.. and smooth as butter, the completed kitbash emerged.  This was literally *the easiest* kitbash I've ever done.    I love working with LS's stuff..

So here was the WIP shots.. and then the new texture shots..

New mesh shots (rendered)

And then I talked to Nanner and showed him the pix.. and he wondered if the new nacelles would be less.. um, white.. in the swirlie area.  Which brought this shot in...

And that got Nanner tickled.. so this morning, I did work on the textures and got those completed (and built some templates for these for ease of use the next time I want to do a registry for one of these)...

So it's all ready to go, once we can get Lord Schtupp's permission to release.  This is going to be for the Generations mod, and for SFC 3.. but if Nanner and LS don't mind too much, after the Generations mod is complete and released, I wouldn't mind converting this over to SFC 1 and releasing for SFC 1 and SFC 2 as well.

So what do you think Lord Schtupp?  If it meets your approval, can we release this for the Generations mod, and maybe for SFC 1 and SFC 2 afterwards?  

Chrystoff

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 12:01:28 pm »
Gosh, that's a nice looking TOS ship. You did a great job on her.    

atheorhaven

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2004, 12:16:24 pm »
Thanks Chrystoff.. working on it was a pleasure.  I've never seen a mesh come together so nicely for me.  She really wanted to be born.  

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2004, 12:22:02 pm »
Lookin good

Release away! Like I had said elsewhere, anybody can kitbash my models - no problemo... PM me if you need anything like blank or modified textures or ??? - BTW Good job on the ships registry - Im pretty particular about that, you did a great job there.

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2004, 12:25:23 pm »
Oh yea you might want to use the center warp off of the Star League DN for your top warp: the flux chiller is rotated to the top side...

atheorhaven

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2004, 12:27:41 pm »
Quote:

Lookin good
Release away! Like I had said elsewhere, anybody can kitbash my models - no problemo... PM me if you need anything like blank or modified textures or ??? - BTW Good job on the ships registry - Im pretty particular about that, you did a great job there.

I know you are..  That's why I took great pains to match up my registry work against your originals to match sure that it all lined up as closely as possible.  (grin).  And why I used your blanks after it was all lined up..

atheorhaven

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2004, 12:30:56 pm »
Quote:

Oh yea you might want to use the center warp off of the Star League DN for your top warp: the flux chiller is rotated to the top side...  

Can do, and thanks again..

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2004, 12:56:39 pm »
Cool:

Quick note: the DN Center warp has the "United Federation on Planets" banner already mapped on it, the texture is called warp2.bmp, so you wont have any name conflicts. I think that would look tuff...

atheorhaven

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2004, 03:55:00 pm »
Okay, changed..  And I think it's complete now..

Which means that I can call it done and do this..
]  

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2004, 04:54:38 am »
Quote:

Okay, changed..  And I think it's complete now..

Which means that I can call it done and do this..
]  

Hi Ateorhaven
    Nice work there looking forward to seeing it released in SFC2 format in the future  

atheorhaven

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2004, 03:57:44 pm »
Quote:

Hi Ateorhaven
    Nice work there looking forward to seeing it released in SFC2 format in the future  

It will be, but I'll release the SFC 1 version of it first (roughly the same time as the Generations mod).  Then I'm going to wait around a month before I release the SFC 2 version.  That way, "Generations" will have exclusivity on it and some of the other work I did for them for at least a month... then I'll release the SFC 2 versions because those are what are getting ripped into BC.  

atheorhaven

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2004, 12:14:39 am »
And here's shots of it in SFC 1..

Download link for SFC 1 below..

http://www.the-tcs.net/_hosted/atheorhaven/html/userfiles/ships/trek/sfc1/TOS_Akula_sfc1.zip

Again, expect the SFC 2 version in a month.. and the SFC 3 version is in the "Generations" mod, now out and ready for download..
« Last Edit: January 12, 2004, 12:18:04 am by atheorhaven »

Lord Schtupp

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2004, 06:47:53 pm »
That turned out great!

Rat_Boy

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2004, 07:12:35 pm »
Hey Nanner, is there room in the new build to sneak in Schtupp's new Connie?

NannerSlug

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2004, 09:33:36 pm »
maybe in the 1.1 release.. but not at this time. trust me, though, like the CG sov, it will be there.

StClair

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2004, 07:26:46 am »
Nice TOS Akula (very tempted to go with this design for Destroyers, and the single nacelle for Scouts).  One nitpick - the saucer bulges aren't blended as much as on LS' other ships.  You can see this very clearly in the rear-angle closeup on the shuttlebay.  

Any chance of either/both of you releasing another version with that saucer shape/style?

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by StClair »