Topic: Any good stories?  (Read 3351 times)

llama_6t9

Any good stories?
« on: January 16, 2003, 11:35:21 pm »
Hey, I just came on and found a whole new system. I suppose all you amercans and such already new though.... still I wan't to start up my post again and see if it takes off. But instead of 'Things done by stupid people', a name i find a bit harsh now, 'Any good stories'll do'. If you have any good stories about plans that went wrong, good stuff ups, things like that, put 'em here!

For example: I was in a Galaxy class ship when i'm attacked by three romulan cl's. They all come in taking a triangle pattern, fire, and then cloak. In the time they cloaked I pretty much destroyed one of them, who then warped out of the area. The other two came out and ran in reverse which, I'm ashamed to admit, was faster than my ship moving forward. I chased them as best i could without risking going to warp without my shields, and took my shots. THey'd managed to knock my forward shield down, and just as i was deciding whether to fight or flee, they both backed into the planet they'd convieniently not noticed. Seemed like they'd turned off their 'we are about to die' messages.

See, stories like that, but better. Knock yourselves out.    

troycheek

Re: Any good stories?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2003, 10:37:16 am »
I bought my girlfriend a copy of OP so we could play against each other online.  I set it up, got into Gamespy, and entered a 3v3 just to show her what all the fuss was about.  When the game started, I told my ship (I-XCF, I think) to follow one of my teammates.  I then proceeded to explain to my girlfriend what this button did, how to set this, etc.  The whole time, I keep getting irritating in-game messages from somebody telling somebody else to turn around, go back, watch out, etc.

Then about the time I get into formation with my teammates, one of them tractors me and they all pelt me with plasma.  That's when I realize that I'd made two very dumb moves.  1)  I'd told my ship to follow one of my opponents, not one of my teammates.  2) The messages I was receiving were from my teammates who were calling me by my girlfriend's gamename, which I didn't pick up on because I was expecting anything directed at me to use my name, even though nobody knew it was me.

Luckily, they left me for dead, not knowing that I had a full rack of spare parts.  My teammates were able to get in a few good shots while our opponents were still ROFLing and typing how stupid I was.  In the end, we won with no losses.

However, my girlfriend was fatally embarassed and now refuses to play online because she thinks that everyone will know about the dumb move and think that she made it.

Troy

llama_6t9

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2003, 11:33:51 pm »
lol, good story, but i'm talking SFC 3... i've seen alot more funnily stupid things done by people in number 3 than in the other two combined, but i DO love your story...

llama_6t9

Any good stories?
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2003, 11:35:21 pm »
Hey, I just came on and found a whole new system. I suppose all you amercans and such already new though.... still I wan't to start up my post again and see if it takes off. But instead of 'Things done by stupid people', a name i find a bit harsh now, 'Any good stories'll do'. If you have any good stories about plans that went wrong, good stuff ups, things like that, put 'em here!

For example: I was in a Galaxy class ship when i'm attacked by three romulan cl's. They all come in taking a triangle pattern, fire, and then cloak. In the time they cloaked I pretty much destroyed one of them, who then warped out of the area. The other two came out and ran in reverse which, I'm ashamed to admit, was faster than my ship moving forward. I chased them as best i could without risking going to warp without my shields, and took my shots. THey'd managed to knock my forward shield down, and just as i was deciding whether to fight or flee, they both backed into the planet they'd convieniently not noticed. Seemed like they'd turned off their 'we are about to die' messages.

See, stories like that, but better. Knock yourselves out.    

troycheek

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2003, 10:37:16 am »
I bought my girlfriend a copy of OP so we could play against each other online.  I set it up, got into Gamespy, and entered a 3v3 just to show her what all the fuss was about.  When the game started, I told my ship (I-XCF, I think) to follow one of my teammates.  I then proceeded to explain to my girlfriend what this button did, how to set this, etc.  The whole time, I keep getting irritating in-game messages from somebody telling somebody else to turn around, go back, watch out, etc.

Then about the time I get into formation with my teammates, one of them tractors me and they all pelt me with plasma.  That's when I realize that I'd made two very dumb moves.  1)  I'd told my ship to follow one of my opponents, not one of my teammates.  2) The messages I was receiving were from my teammates who were calling me by my girlfriend's gamename, which I didn't pick up on because I was expecting anything directed at me to use my name, even though nobody knew it was me.

Luckily, they left me for dead, not knowing that I had a full rack of spare parts.  My teammates were able to get in a few good shots while our opponents were still ROFLing and typing how stupid I was.  In the end, we won with no losses.

However, my girlfriend was fatally embarassed and now refuses to play online because she thinks that everyone will know about the dumb move and think that she made it.

Troy

llama_6t9

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2003, 11:33:51 pm »
lol, good story, but i'm talking SFC 3... i've seen alot more funnily stupid things done by people in number 3 than in the other two combined, but i DO love your story...