Topic: Having a problem with the EAW campaigns for OP. HELP!  (Read 3056 times)

Ducttapewonder

Having a problem with the EAW campaigns for OP. HELP!
« on: November 30, 2003, 02:35:06 am »
I copy/pasted all the files into the scripts folder, but when I load the game and click on the campaign option, the game crashes. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  

Rogue

Re: Having a problem with the EAW campaigns for OP. HELP!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2003, 08:18:32 am »
Let's see... there should now be a large number of files with the .scr extension under scripts. Along with a campaign folder with some files with the .mct extension. Those, of course, name the scripts for the campaign to be played. Other then that... are you playing with a compatable shiplist in the MetaAssets folder? The instructions for installation are pretty straight forward so perhaps reviewing them can uncover the error. Hope you can get it going as it is worth the trouble.  

Kurok

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2003, 11:24:10 am »
do you have any saved games from an erlier version?If so they need to be deleted.
Thats all i can think of right now.  

FireSoul

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2003, 02:48:00 pm »
Quote:

I copy/pasted all the files into the scripts folder, but when I load the game and click on the campaign option, the game crashes. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  

Tried erasing your old saved games?
Go to "MetaAssets/db/" and delete everything from under there.

Glad to see people still playing the ported campaigns.
I'll have to do them again myself once enough's been added to OP+'s next rev.

Ducttapewonder

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2003, 08:48:08 pm »
Ok......
Got that problem fixed. But now I have another one. I can start a campaign, but no matter how many hexes i move through, I am not given any missons. I encountered this problem playing the Fed Vs. ISC campaign. I moved through 54 hexes without getting a mission. The campaigns that came stock with the game still work fine however, as I was immediately given a mission in conquest campaign.

Any ideas????????  

FireSoul

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2003, 08:53:45 pm »
sounds to me like the missions in the campaign files (.MCTs) can't be found .. ..
.. well.. why don't you do a check-up on the files in assets/scripts/campaigns? One of them is the campaign you're currently playing .. open it up in notepad, and you'll see what I mean.

Ducttapewonder

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2003, 01:37:35 pm »
IT WORKED!

Thanks a ton.  

FireSoul

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2003, 12:59:46 am »
Quote:

IT WORKED!

Thanks a ton.  

heh.. so what'd you do once in notepad?

Kurok

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2003, 08:53:12 am »

Primus2003

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2003, 07:18:32 am »
A new version of OP+ sounds great to me!  I eagerly look forward to it.  This scripting information helps because I am not used to doing that myself.  Only started doing those kind of modifcations recently any tips or adivce or instruction would be of enormous assistance.

Julin Eurthyr

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2003, 08:24:43 am »
Quote:

Ok......
Got that problem fixed. But now I have another one. I can start a campaign, but no matter how many hexes i move through, I am not given any missons. I encountered this problem playing the Fed Vs. ISC campaign. I moved through 54 hexes without getting a mission. The campaigns that came stock with the game still work fine however, as I was immediately given a mission in conquest campaign.

Any ideas????????  

The only thing I can think of is that there was something up with one of the patches...

It took me a complete delete / reinstall / fresh patch to 2.5.5.12 to get the game to recognize the campaigns...