Topic: I gots an idea (yea yea..me again)...and it aint federation...so look already :D  (Read 861 times)

starforce2

I dunno about anyone else, but with all the nice, high quality federation ships suddenly turning up around here, and with atra bringing back his klingon fleet, and CG doing a warbird and someone else a melek over at bcfiles, there are 5 really sweet romulans that still look like sh*t:

1) Shrike
2) Talon
3) Griffen
4) Shadow
5) Raptor

Yes, I'm speaking of them ships from aramda and armada 2. Granted the models and textures suck, but they are 5 of the sweetest romulan designs around (well, nothing beats the firehawk and king condor but hey....besides them)

Now I wouldn't mind seeing the above 5 ships raised to the quality of the D2 romulans or the thulls/gany firehawk. I can't be the only one here who wouldn't go completely mad for a griffen or shadow class floating around with bright green high res textures and one of them big a$$ bird patterns on the wings. And I aint talkin some fancy retexture either. 4 of these 5 classes have been around since 1999 with pretty much no improvement or upgrading what so ever, which is totaly pittiful when you consider how many people who always say there's too many feds. And the talon which is canon, along with the D'dredex is in the same situation. The D is being taken care of. How about someone(s) shores up the rest of the fleet?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by starforce2 »

Sbloyd

Got source pictures?  

Kaenyne

I believe DarkMatrix has these models at his site...

starforce2

Bump. a PM says the raptor is convered. 4 left...

starforce2

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump

Klingon Fanatic

What about Cleeve's Griffin? Or do you count that as a 'fancy retexture'?

starforce2

Quote:

What about Cleeve's Griffin? Or do you count that as a 'fancy retexture'?  

retexture yes, fancy no. I've seen it, and textures are pixely (look like they've been jpg'd) and unlike the originals dark and well they just suck. I've tried them. They're worse than the originals anyways, atleast from what I can tell by rendering them.