Topic: Model modification in SFC/SFC OP  (Read 7648 times)

Holocat

Re: Model modification in SFC/SFC OP
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2003, 12:23:13 pm »
Alright, the first tug, a F-LTT, is completed.  Since it's built from scratch, but using taldren's parts as a guide, i'll call it a scratchbash.  However, I have some very large technical problems that I must address.

Firstly, Truespace to my knowledge dosen't have a function to tell me a polycount;  I want to know how complex this thing is compared to the ship it's based off of, the NCL.

Secondly, after reading the manual.pdf in the SFC3 tools .zip, I am fairly certian that I CANNOT TEXTURE THE MODELS MEANINGFULY.  If I were to, the texture mapping will not port over when imported, and will most certianly not be compatible with SFC OP's rules concerning texture files.

Thirdly, I still have no method of porting the ship over to a .mod fomat.

I beseech assistance.  Specifically, I NEED someone to at least convert the models to .mod format.  If that is done, I can (technically) texture and hardpoint the models using assimview and SFC2ED.  I predict that, since I have little working knowledge of these two programs, that there will be significant delays if I forge this path.

A far faster path is if someone could texture the models for me.  I know, i'm asking for alot, since texturing is, really, most of the work, but as i've stated before, texturing the model in truespace won't get me anywhere.

If someone would texture AND hardpoint, well then you'd be the bee's knees.

I'm going to start work on gorn part copying.  I hope that assistance can be found for this pet project.

Rattles a little rusty, battered kitten cup, "Help, texture help for the poor,"

Holocat.

PS:  Reverend, does that offer still stand?  I get the idea that you don't check your private message box often.  

Holocat

Re: Model modification in SFC/SFC OP
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2003, 08:54:54 pm »
Second tug, gorn CL to tug conversion, complete.  Moving along to either the Mirak or Lyrans, depending on relative complexity.

As in the other post I am mooching about in, I should mention here that I wish the models textured with as much of the Taldren textures as possible, to keep downloads small and the models runable on lower end systems.

Oh yes;  I also have a more urgent need for poly counts, particularly concerning the gorn tug just made;  The egg shaped pod and some other modifications have increased polycounts, and i'm hoping that it's not too substantial.  However, If the polys are too much, i'll just have to start slashing.

*rattle rattle*

Holocat.